Sign in to follow this  
jonneymendoza

E3 - Arma 3?

Is this based on Patria AMV? Looks pretty similar.

looks more like a mowag piranha to me

but yea, they do look similar

Blink, have you been blinded by all those lovely screens?

It even has the same headlight cluster and propeller drive, I would say that Rok nailed it.

It looks like that is a polish vehicle:

Rosomak

That screen would be great for some render to texture! :)

Its rosomak (Polish) or patria (Finland, Slovenia, etc.).

Sigh... whats with the CGI crap ? what happened to trailers using ingame footage ? i cant believe people are actually impressed by a cinematic that has nothing to do with the game :(

Eh it worked back in the 80's but that was different, maybe BIS just doesn't want to reveal any game footage just yet or they are indeed poking fun at DR as some have said..the shading sure to look exactly the same. Besides we aren't impressed by the trailer, it's the screenshots.

Sigh... whats with the CGI crap ? what happened to trailers using ingame footage ? i cant believe people are actually impressed by a cinematic that has nothing to do with the game :(

I think we're more impressed with what the trailer means, and the impact it will have. It means BIS can make high-quality live action trailers, and the production value of the trailer will catch the eye of more potential customers.

But are potential customers attracted to a trailer of high-quality?

WW4+

:eek:

jk

:D

Arma3's looking really good - it's great to hear that backwards compatibility is figuring into the mix.

Ohh, did i miss something?

I couldnt see a single screen or movie, which showed some render to texture.

Opposit, i saw turned off screens, in a boat, with some fake "landscape" reflexion in the background: http://www.zing.cz/screenshoty/2625/arma-3/image-43887#image=43890

How bout this? >

watch at 3:18

Just dont forget this feature pls dear BIS!

Members of this current anal community? Evidently not. :p

Members of the general public who've not yet heard of Arma 3? Well, judging from the comments everywhere I've seen this posted, evidently it does.

They are attracted by the action and the, for lack of a better word, coolness.

I don´t know why everypony keeps complaining. It´s true that it´s a break of tradition, but to me, that means progress and not decay.

A lot of folks seem to think that this is an indication of decay instead. How about you just accept that BI wants to attract more people to the game and deal with it :V

Members of this current anal community? Evidently not. :p

"Anal Community" puts it well. First a wave of whining about the scifi setting, now whining about real people and CGI in a teaser trailer, even going to the lengths of calling this "codemasterish" (which, in my mind, is a pretty hefty insult.) DESPITE actual game screenshots being provided elsewhere is borderline offensive.

That, or maybe I´m overreacting myself.

Edited by InstaGoat

The more people fork out cash for BIS the better.

Wow! Can't wait for this game! Great job BIS! I especially love screenshots showing the character and weapon customistaion!

Those screenshots look very nice indeed, impressive pics, customisation .. that alone was enough, apart from everything else :bounce3:

The trailer I have 2 views ... 1 is as mentioned already very good high quality compared to previous that will indeed grab attention which is a good thing for the first trailer.

Second is that for us folk skulking around regular, its a niggly issue that its not too much in game footage, I am going to be pistol whipped for saying the next line ... but .... it kind of reminds me of the O.F.P.D.R trailers that hyped it to death and then reality arrived (hyped with CGI instead of in game).

Now ... before anyone tracks me down and has me sniped in the face, I mean that could be a good thing for the build up, but Im hoping it doesn't have an effect on the real in game pure footage we will get to see later. Dont have me on that last statement its nothing to do with the sim itself im talking about trailers only.

I thought I might be a bit wobbly on the future tech thing, but, so far I havent wavered, realy looking nice for features, some of those pics that look like potential box art are pretty tidy too.

Anyway, I realy hope it pulls in the numbers for attention, works for me ... again :)

Edited by mrcash2009

I don´t know why everypony keeps complaining. It´s true that it´s a break of tradition, but to me, that means progress and not decay.

eyeseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Edited by Steakslim

Customizable uniform on the other hand is quite worrisome when thinking outside of a campaign

I think (or hope) customizable uniforms will just work like all the other gear. You will have your standard gear according to the soldier you play. And you can grab uniforms, helmets, vests, backpacks and all that stuff out of crates or during the briefing. And of course mission designers will be able to controll all of it like they are able to controll wich weapons you get in ArmA2 :)

Think about what possibilities this would open: You could drop your (white, bright, shiny, non-camo) pilot helmet to the ground after disembarking your wreked chopper (sacrifice "protection" for camo) for example! Or mission makers could do all sorts of "steal enemy uniform" missions! :yay:

I don't think BIS is gona do something like CoD unlok, show-how-cool-you-are, profile-bound stuff that you can wear disregarding what the mission is about. That would just not fit to ArmA!

so we dont have any more info about the game its self? more details about the scenario, the story or more details about engine improvements? i hope we see some of that in the next couple days

I don't think BIS is gona do something like CoD unlok, show-how-cool-you-are, profile-bound stuff that you can wear disregarding what the mission is about. That would just not fit to ArmA!

i really, really hope you are right :)

also i hope you cant change uniforms mid mission or take some ones uniform with out a realistic being a complete-pain-in-the-ass type thing, like it taking 5-10 mins

Edited by That guy

One thing that I also noted from the map images and pointers was "evading" or words to that effect, I nice slab of stealth tech and that would keep me happy for weeks.

Nice to have changeable kit of camo/gullie suits from backpacks too.

Indeed, this could open up a lot of options, especially once the custom uniforms from addon makers come around, depending on where in any particular map you are about to go to, be in Lemnos, or other, everyone can now choose the appropriate camo for the surroundings if it's available, and the gear required for the mission depending on what the leader allows.