Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

CPBO - how to use properly?

I'm trying to use Kegetys' CPBO tool but it doesn't seem to be acting in the way I'm expecting. On my old machine, I would double-click a PBO and it would extract to a folder at that location.

Now however, on my new machine, it flashes up a dialogue box for a miniscule amount of time then disappears, no extracted folder. At least, not at the same location.

Right-clicking a PBO file gives me the option to open with CPBO, with the same result.

Is there a way to set up CPBO?

Have you made sure under file association your removing any other ref to .pbo?

I know Arma2 can associate with it causing CPBO to do nothing, and it seems similar to what you describe. I would remove all file associations to ".pbo" first of all, and then re install cpbo again to re-associate itself. Also depending on if you use Vista/7 maybe run admin for it just in case (that ones a guess though).

When file browsing all pbo's should then show as the CPBO grey icon. It should act as you explained, Ive never known it act any different with any updates.

Edited by mrcash2009

I have had the same problem ever since I started using Win 7.

Have you made sure under file association your removing any other ref to .pbo?

I know Arma2 can associate with it causing CPBO to do nothing, and it seems similar to what you describe. I would remove all file associations to ".pbo" first of all, and then re install cpbo again to re-associate itself. Also depending on if you use Vista/7 maybe run admin for it just in case (that ones a guess though).

When file browsing all pbo's should then show as the CPBO grey icon. It should act as you explained, Ive never known it act any different with any updates.

Done all that, the association looks to be OK, and I'm running as admin etc. Still no joy :(

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I have had the same problem ever since I started using Win 7.

Me too. I wonder if anyone running Win 7 has gotten it to work? (64-bit BTW.)

Me too. I wonder if anyone running Win 7 has gotten it to work? (64-bit BTW.)

Yeah, me. I use it all the time....

I have a nifty util to fix the associations, I'll send it to you when I get home this evening.

Could you post a link here? I would also like to have it. (And i guess everyone else on win7 too)

Yes, I will. It's at home so you'll have to wait until this evening. :)

Thanks for both links Tankbuster & Gunter :) Will try both, see which suits most.

By way of an update, I now have my old double-click unpack on PBO files. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Still not working for me. Unassoc only removes extra associations and double clicking a pbo will start Arma 2. Trying to open a pbo with cpbo results in nothing.

Yeh, always been too problematic for me ..... work for a while, then a patch or something might kill it again

.... had to give up on CPBO

Still not working for me. Unassoc only removes extra associations and double clicking a pbo will start Arma 2. Trying to open a pbo with cpbo results in nothing.

I now use ExtractPBO1.80, after installing it alter the registry by running OpenPboWithExtractPbo.reg (which is included in the download) and that sets up the new double-click functionality.

I'll give this a bash too. I like the ease of use of cPBO, but it's not opening some newer mission files.