Sign in to follow this  
EvilErny

PMC Realism Unit. Why are they so unpopular?

Ok, I guess I didn't ask my question clear enough. I was not looking for a PMC Realism Unit. I was wondering why they were so unpopular when used so widely world wide. Anyone have wisdom on this?

Note: This time before closing this thread please read the post. The previous post was ABOUT PMC's not where to go looking for one.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120276

Edited by EvilErny

Because roleplaying a soldier is more fun than roleplaying an employee?

Why not start one? :)

lol That is true, but, most PMC's are made up of ex-soldiers. Same job, yhey just get paid better. :)

lol That is true, but, most PMC's are made up of ex-soldiers. Same job, yhey just get paid better. :)

Nope, nope, nope.

I had two ex-Blackwater employees in my Guard unit. Both were active Army, went private, came back to the states, joined the guard, and quit Blackwater. One of my friends asked them about how to get a job with Blackwater. They said don't do it.

Sure it looks sexy in the media, but here are some facts for you.

The pay is not better. Its taxed, poor benefits. They said with all the benefits and tax free pay (while deployed) in the Army pretty much equals out to the "big" PMC paycheck. After bonuses, combat pay, airborne pay, bhs, and tax benefits, it can sometimes be more.

According to them, most of the guys in private contractors had a hard time with discipline, even with basic stuff. Working as a team wasn't a problem, just lacked the strict military discipline. That goes a long way in battle.

Oh, and IEDs and SUVs don't mix. When Iraq was at its worst, it wasn't if your convoy was going to get hit, but when. And the unlucky bastards killed had to be picked up and collected in garbage bags. Blackwater did get their own MRAP (of South African design) later on, but it was too expensive they could only deploy a few (they counted on the Army buying their MRAP, which they didn't). They're casualty rate was ten times that of the US Military.

Sorry for being off topic, I just hate how everyone seems to think Blackwater/PMCs are a "dream job."

Edited by TheRev709

It's not the same "job".

Well, I don't for a second thing it's a dream job. :) I was active duty Army Infantry Sniper and very familiar with Iraq and PMC's. A lot of what you say is true, especially about Blackwater. Thing is that most people don't know it that Blackwater is kind of the low end in PMC's. They recieved a lot of attention because they started out elite, but then moved on to larger contracts requiring more personnel. As far as pay, the standard base pay is $180,000 with the first 100k tax free. If you don't get that, you're getting screwed. Most good PMC's don't have fancy websited and media attention. They are hired by contacts and histoy. That is the type of PMC that should be depicted.

Also, maybe pay in Active Duty has gotten better, but I never made it close to HALF of what those PMC guys get. :) What a shame.

Game reason?

In Arma2 I don't create PMC missions because I felt that the DLC quality was so poor that I find myself unwilling to suggest that others buy it.

-k

Reposting a topic simply because your other topic was locked is never a good idea.

How about an infraction?

And please...........we both know you are talking about a PMC unit and for that you use the sticky topic you were linked to before.