Sign in to follow this  
AlphaKiller

Is possible to convert .p3d in .3ds format ?

Hi, question is easy - Can I convert a .p3d file in .3ds ? I was saw to some guys are use a OFP M2A2 tank and convert it to works in arma. I wan't convert some addon in .3ds format and again open it with OFP Oxygen Light and again convert it in OFP's .p3d file, to works in a OFP... (Story - I wan't convert one good addon from arma1 in ofp)

Converted OFP Bradley in ArmA

So you want to put an ArmA1 addon in OFP?

Generally that's not allowed, especially not if it's BIS content.

You need the permission of the addon author to convert his addon to OFP.

Now converting an ArmA P3D into 3DS, you may need an old version of the arma version of O2 that had a 3DS export function.

There was a method for converting an OFP P3D into 3DS but it should not work with the ArmA P3D format, i described most of it in this now obsolete PDF (obsolete as since Vektorboson released his Blender import/export scripts, it's so much quicker and easier than the old method i was detailling)

Or you would need Blender 2.57 and the addon for this version that allow ArmA P3D to be imported in it, then you would need to open the obtained .blend with Blender 2.49b and use the scripts (look in my signature) to export them in OFP P3D format, without needing any conversion to 3DS.