Sign in to follow this  
5LEvEN

Statistic tracking for arma 3

Do you want statistics tracking in arma 3  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want statistics tracking in arma 3

• No, I do not want statistics tracking in arma 3.
    • Yes, I do want statistics tracking in arma 3.

I vote for AAR. Also, even if the stats are only on your PC, it's still inaccurate based on the circumstances from missions.

The only problem I could for see is bragging (if we leave out kills and deaths). If it is private does not have kills and deaths, than I really don't see what the problem with statistics is....

Then it is just a useless bunch of bytes in your game :P

It's inaccurate info, and it's private. Therefore it's meaningless info.

How would it be inaccurate? Please explain.

I just wonder how the static would perform to people playing "Scape and Evade" and or "Steath" missions? See the problem there!

I just wonder how the static would perform to people playing "Scape and Evade" and or "Steath" missions? See the problem there!

I am confused with what you are trying to say....

I dont like the k/d stats, but it think it could be fun to see how many missions i have played and how many times etc... Could be nice also seeing some sort of stat that simply says which faction i played most, which gun, which map, which vehicle without the times or kills. Just some general stats that can be interesting to look at when waiting for a mission to end because I died again. General random useless stats, a source of diversion while you wait, nothing more.

I dont like the k/d stats, but it think it could be fun to see how many missions i have played and how many times etc... Could be nice also seeing some sort of stat that simply says which faction i played most, which gun, which map, which vehicle without the times or kills. Just some general stats that can be interesting to look at when waiting for a mission to end because I died again. General random useless stats, a source of diversion while you wait, nothing more.

Reeks of FPDR and RR.

It's pretty low on my list of wanted features, but I wouldn't mind to see some kind of stats, though only locally tracked for my own viewing pleasure. No online comparisons or rankings.

Just little stuff, like how many kilometers walked on foot and driven/flown in different vehicles, total time played, shots fired + hit/miss/kill, total missions played, etc. It would really be pointless fluff, but out of personal interest I would love to know how many kilometers I've walked/ran since I started to play Arma2, for instance. :)

I agree. I loved watching my progress in i.e. GTA, and check all those quite ridiculous entries. Often I hit a "oh, I haven't done that yet". Online? Nah, I don't see the point. If we want to brag or show off amongst clan members, then we can do so manually. Highly subject to cheating, but online would be hacked anyway, so no point in that.

But yeah, all the useless stuff (the more the merrier, pretty much), plus how accurate I am with all vanilla rifles (addon support?). Probably just a local web page created that you can read or export to better excel view or something.

Could possibly be shown ingame on death or waiting to respawn. Shortens the respawn times which can be quite high now with variable respawn times and everything (of which I am a BIG fan of).

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I am very much against stat tracking, unlocks, rank systems for said unlocks, etc.

The distinct lack of these things are part of what sets the Arma franchise apart from the rest in MP. It is my feeling that any sort of stat tracking opens the door for those who would become obsessed with such a things as K/D ratios.

The stat system that is present is enough for most.

I am very much against stat tracking, unlocks, rank systems for said unlocks, etc.

The distinct lack of these things are part of what sets the Arma franchise apart from the rest in MP. It is my feeling that any sort of stat tracking opens the door for those who would become obsessed with such a things as K/D ratios.

The stat system that is present is enough for most.

I don't think the OP was implying to add unlocks or ranks; he didn't even mention it

I don't think the OP was implying to add unlocks or ranks; he didn't even mention it

Exactly. I was talking about pure statistics... I only gave some ideas in my OP of what could be included, not what had to be...

Exactly. I was talking about pure statistics... I only gave some ideas in my OP of what could be included, not what had to be...

Well you do have another thread with player leveling and unlocks and what other FPS games have stats other than BF and Cod and CoD doesn't even have stats like what your talking about BF does though

I voted no, mainly becuase all the games that do use this are "games".

I cant see where I would need this information and how it would tie into how I use Arma, a military simulator doesnt seem to gell with this idea. The only relevant place it could fit is a mission/campaign specific info as you progress, even then it would need some relevance to the progression of the mission/story/theme, than just idle stats like GTA and other things.

Id say keep it for an addon script stat logger or something.

Well you do have another thread with player leveling and unlocks and what other FPS games have stats other than BF and Cod and CoD doesn't even have stats like what your talking about BF does though

If I could delete the other thread I would... As I gave up on that.... a long time ago. :)

Arma is not an FPS (well it kind of is, but in comparison to CoD or BF ) it is a Mil Sim. Some games I know off the top of my head that have statistics, CoH, WoT, CS, FSX, Oblivion, Fallout 3.... and there is probably more than I can think of...

Again I just named everything that I could think of that could be included...

No.

Firstly, it doesn't work well with the type of game ArmA is, since it's slow-paced and tactical, it would be impossible for the system to assign a score based on how "good" a player is.

Secondly, leaderboards and such always get hacked to a point where they are nearly worthless.

I think more a detailed after mission report rather than leader boards and unlocks etc, being a 'sim' i would think Stats in that sense... makes a lot of sense.

No.

Firstly, it doesn't work well with the type of game ArmA is, since it's slow-paced and tactical, it would be impossible for the system to assign a score based on how "good" a player is.

Secondly, leaderboards and such always get hacked to a point where they are nearly worthless.

Thats why you have your own information such as

total distance walked, many shots fired, most used aircraft etc into your own profile for personal viewing. (Not viewable online)

who cares if people hack it, they will only be kidding themselfs. :rolleyes:

I often think to myself, by how long i have played arma series,

What is my most used weapon?

How many times have i died by drowning?

All these things could help you become a better player to actually highlight key areas that you might need improving on.

Edited by Kieran

No statistics.

Statistics will always force people to be more l33t and grind stats. ArmA is great because it has none of that. Fact.

I disagree so much with this statement. Statistics are not an "arcade only" feature. DCS also has statistics, good luck to find something more hardcore than the DCS series.

Common people, do you really think statistics will change the gameplay or bring the CoD crowd to ArmA ?!

I would gladly welcome statistics a la GTA. I couldn't care less about my kill/death ratio but I'd be curious to know how many hours I've spent ingame, how many Km travelled on foot or crawling, how many choppers I've crashed into trees, how many times I took my binoculars instead of reloading :p,...

No. People would brag about this and would be all like "I've played longer than you so I have more experience." This would make players think they are better than someone else because of some stupid statistics.

uh...it's already the case with the forum joining date...

Edited by Macadam Cow

I disagree so much with this statement. Statistics are not an "arcade only" feature. DCS also has statistics, good luck to find something more hardcore than the DCS series.

Common people, do you really think statistics will change the gameplay or bring the CoD crowd to ArmA ?!

I would gladly welcome statistics a la GTA. I couldn't care less about my kill/death ratio but I'd be curious to know how many hours I've spent ingame, how many Km travelled on foot or crawling, how many choppers I've crashed into trees, how many times I took my binoculars instead of reloading :p,...

uh...it's already the case with the forum joining date...

That's a forum for you.

It really depends on what gets tracked.

Stats and K/D ratios are one of the main driving forces behind cheaters in a lot of games.

Battlefield 2 has tons of Stat pad/Time servers for those people too lazy to actually play the game properly and earn them.

Gametracker.com will keep track of kills of everyone who plays on a server if the admin wants it to.

They just sign up with Gametracker, claim ownership of the server and then briefly

rename their server to "Gametracker" long enough for Gametracker to confirm it was done and viola, change the server name back to what you want it keeps track.

Edited by jblackrupert

Obviously ArmA isn't as hardcore. In fact it's a welcoming environment for the stat grinding. And that's the problem.