Sign in to follow this  
5LEvEN

Statistic tracking for arma 3

Do you want statistics tracking in arma 3  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want statistics tracking in arma 3

• No, I do not want statistics tracking in arma 3.
    • Yes, I do want statistics tracking in arma 3.

What do you have to say about the fact that Arma 2 does indeed have a scoreboard? As we all know, it turns all our Arma 2 players into drooling idiots.

oh my. what a statement, just because some people are intrested in stats they are automaticly a drooling idiot.

Yes, but preferably not accessible during missions, also, no XP or other retarded stuff.

if you dont like looking at the score table. dont press I. or make an displayevent handler in you mission that overwrites the assignment of I.

even if you get more stats logging than what the current arma2 engines does log. no one is forcing you to look at it..

there will always be players who are intrested in stats. not all of them are a drooling idiot.

if you dont like looking at the score table. dont press I. or make an displayevent handler in you mission that overwrites the assignment of I.

even if you get more stats logging than what the current arma2 engines does log. no one is forcing you to look at it..

there will always be players who are intrested in stats. not all of them are a drooling idiot.

But i dont want other people to look at it either during the mission(Especially those i am playing against), and i dont create every mission/admin every server out there. :p

But i dont want other people to look at it either during the mission(Especially those i am playing against), and i dont create every mission/admin every server out there. :p
well. in your case then make your server, use expert difficulty. afik the score table is disabled then

Some things are already possible but I guess most OFP/Arma players aren't so crazy about statistic tracking.

Maybe its possible to get an statistic ingame setting for every player eg:

> Don't track me! <

> Activate tracking... <

> Deactivate tracking! <

> Delete all stats/records/... <

Imho options are better instead of turning a blind eye on automatic trackers...

the problem with a global tracking system is that there is a need of a master server that handles it.

i do not think bis is intrested in making it, we have to do whatever we can with the logs on the servers. so it would be up to the hosters to make stats or not.

so for players who want stats, need to play on servers that generate it

Stat tracking would be a waste of money on BIS' side, sorry. ;)

oh my. what a statement, just because some people are intrested in stats they are automaticly a drooling idiot.

Perhaps you should rethink what I tried to say.

was there some sort of irony in your line? if so. sorry if i didnt get it.

I originally did not mention what could be included in the statistics, but as someone pointed out people usually just think about kills and deaths and not the other stuff I had in mind (which is what you are mentioning) I mentioned everything I could think of including stuff I do not care about....

Yes, but I specifically oppose the kill counter, since I think it will encourage the usual play-to-kill behavior. So if asked whether there should be tracking or no, in absence of any specifics, I voted No.

Yes, but I specifically oppose the kill counter, since I think it will encourage the usual play-to-kill behavior. So if asked whether there should be tracking or no, in absence of any specifics, I voted No.

Totally agree.

Arma shouldnt be a play-to-kill game, but a play-to-stay-alive game!

Stat trackers will just make some one go Rambo so he gets 5 kills and then dies.

Its NOT what i want to see in a game like ArmA.

If two clans decided to have a scrim,

then being able to see the stats after the game has finished would be good

so what exactly would we need this for ?

It would be interesting to see on your profile things like

time spent in aircraft,

most deaths

Total distance on foot. etc

Not needed but interesting to see what you get up to in the game. :cool:

It would be interesting

that is the point. it would be interesting but is totally not necessary and to be honest BIS has to focus on other important aspects.

I would like to see this aswell but as a realist i can only say it is really not necessary.

But who knows what BIS's plans are ;)

I dont want it if it means alot of extra work but if it doesn't it would be cool just to look at even though that idea is straight from BF

I dont want it if it means alot of extra work but if it doesn't it would be cool just to look at even though that idea is straight from BF

Really? Again with the from BF or CoD? There are more than just CoD and BF out there. This idea did NOT come straight from BF.

I don't want game controlled stat tracking. I'd prefer if BIS made the ability for us to export/import with MySQL/SQLLite so we can make our own for our own missions.

Really? Again with the from BF or CoD? There are more than just CoD and BF out there. This idea did NOT come straight from BF.

So why posting all this BF2 features? Come with something original or at least fun.

Edited by vfn4i83

its funny to see how people are against stats. when the fact is that you are already tracked to a certain degree with gamespy. :rolleyes:

http://www.gametracker.com/search/arma/

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

gametracker provides most info about player here.

please give us gamespy 4 support in arma3 :868:

Edited by nuxil

So why posting all this BF2 features? Come with something original or at least fun.

Ugh, read my post again. It is NOT from BF.

ArmA isn't really a game suitable for this idea. Atleast this idea was better than your leveling up idea. I would like to see an after action report - if that is what you are going for.

Statistics of what you did when the mission is over. How many casualties, kills, objectives complete, time, and some other good stuff. Leaderboards and such just won't work/be accurate in ArmA. As some others stated, some missions are different from others. You could have a mission where all you do is patrol, or you could have one where you are sent out on a big battlefield and you are able to kill many. It just isn't going to work for this game/sim.

No. People would brag about this and would be all like "I've played longer than you so I have more experience." This would make players think they are better than someone else because of some stupid statistics.

ArmA is about teamwork and realism. Not "I did better than you did!"

New players don't really understand this and I suggest you go back and play the previous games (OFP, ArmA 1, ArmA 2, ArmA OA) before making any suggestions for the new one. I'm seeing many suggestions that detract from the central purpose of the game, to be realistic and promote teamwork.

Edited by Nicholas

Dice I have played OFP, arma 1, arma 2, and arma 2: OA. I originally left statistic to people's imagination on what I mean. I did not define all the possibilities, nor did I define if it is public or private. Because of the way some of you think people will use them, they would have to be private statistics. Something that is only on your computer. In other words BIS would not need to host a server or something. It could include what I edited into the OP, but does not have to include everything. Like most of you are saying (which I agree with) kills and deaths is really useless for arma.

BTW Dice I agree with people do think they are better because of the time they have played is longer. I have been banned from a MOH server because I was better than everyone on the server and I have only played 7hours total... and they had at least 30ish hours... Basically I was accused of hacking...

I just believe that they should leave out statistics completely, leave out any form of leveling or unlocking system. And only allow players to chose style of vest, weapons with any attachments and that's it, using a weight system of course. Colors of clothing should not be changed.