Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

MBG Window of opportunity

No. That was just to put two screenshots into one.

Is that kind of thing even possible ? I suppose we have something like this already with the minimap but making it large would be superb.

Looking forward to the next update Mondkalb.

Edited by Kremator

Maybe you could have a setting where users could enable/disable morale? Some players maybe want units that do what they are told to asap while others might want to see units fleeing and getting suppressed?

Just an idea.

Impressive work so far!

Besides some more bugfixes and user-interface tweaks I've added tactical support.

Which means: Now SF units can order GBUs and Artillery.

More on that soon-ish.

When it's done, could you please make a nice trailer showcasing your mod's awesome capabilities ?

It could very well brought new kind of player to armaverse (such as my brother, who is a RTS player) but to explain that to him (ArmA == RTS) I need a good advertising !

TY

I discovered your work a few weeks ago and I must confess that I'm really fond of it !

This is a real opportunity to use the freedom and the power of Arma's system, in a RTS mode...

The freedom to create a huge amount of missions, tactical situations, and even MP campaigns.

I hope that you will succeed...

Edited by naash

I've been waiting for someone to turn ArmA2 into an RTS. Very nice!

Here's a short update. The past two/three weeks were rather busy so didn't find any time to make big changes. Anyhow, that should change now. Currently the focus is on MP testing, and once these tests are satisfactory, I'm confident to release the first version.

4RyQHgm_8fk

Edited by Mondkalb

Whoa, Loving that Little Intro

And It Looks Like its Going good! Cant wait for the Most Hi-Poly Resource Intensive RTS Game Ever! Seriously

I've created some new buildings for WOO. I hope this will help when having a WW2 version of WOO.

Here's the new Carfactory.

carfac.th.jpg

Great ! I hope that you'll release it very soon because, in a couple of weeks, I will remain several weeks without internet...

Im with the Aussie!

That Car Factory looks top Notch to!

Have you played Combat Mission Shock Force, IMO it is by far the most realistic military RTS out there, kinda like the ARMA of RTS's

n4ucFH4Tr28

75PD1orCcgY?hd=1

If you watch in HD, the bottom right has the control menu

I like the fire support system, you cant magically call in artillery anywhere on the map, you need to have a unit with the proper clearance on the ground with a visual on where you are trying to hit to walk the rounds in, or laze the target for CAS.

Thought it might be a useful reference for commands, ect......

very impatient waiting for the mod

and of course very good job mod looks great

Edited by axce

Fantastic work thus far. Looking forward to this mod in a big way - it would be awesome to see islands created with such gameplay in mind in terms of resource points, choke points etc.

I've now created a full set of new buildings, though they create some rather nasty .rpt errors due to the usage of proxies pointing to A2 Buildings. I had to work around some very odd behaviour, because as soon as I assign my proxy buildings a config entry, they disappear ingame (not in Buldozer). So I guess it'll only be fixed once BIS hands out those MLODs.

Besides that, all the mechanics appear to be working in both MP and SP. Though some proper and thorough testing will most likely change that again. :)

While that is being done, I am currently adding more content. And by that I mean more units. And all units require buttons and map-symbols. So that is actually quite a lot of copy&paste work for now.

Once all that is done, rough balancing tests need to be conducted, and once they are done, I feel confident to let the first version of this out.

I finally found an appropriate way to "store" the playable characters.

woolx.th.jpg

:rolleyes: