Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

MBG Window of opportunity

This is really enjoyable in MP versus a good friend who will join your chorus of "OH you f**kin truck! Why is pathfinding so hard? NO! Don't reverse! ARGH!".

I really do hope WOO will make it easier for people to have a casual game of A2. It doesn't require half an hour of updating addons and teamspeak, it doesn't require large player numbers. In fact two players are the right amount. And the performance is usually much better due to the view angle.

This is so great! Best arma 2 project since CWR2!:yay:

I remember thinking what could better than CWR2? CWR2, with WOO!

Being an RTS fan myself, i really love the idea of this. Here comes the first feedback/question. Where is the everon version, its seems to be missing from the download? :p

Wow awesome, so many possibilities...great work. a MBG Window of opportunity + Warfare Combi. MBG Commander play against Warfare Team.*dreaming*^^

Edited by TeilX

Nice idea TeilX, might look into that actually.

Walker001: DOWNLOAD for Everon version, Mondkalb forgot to include it in the release. Enjoy.

WOO vs. Warfare team does really sound nice.

DOWNLOAD for Everon version, Mondkalb forgot to include it in the release. Enjoy.

D'oh!

Nice idea TeilX, might look into that actually.

Walker001: DOWNLOAD for Everon version, Mondkalb forgot to include it in the release. Enjoy.

Great tnx! This with CWR2 must be awesome. Gonna try it now! :bounce3:

I've been playing now for a while, and i must say I am impressed. This is absolutely awesome. This feels like a whole new game. Your the best Mondkalb. Just missing the background music, and the "Yes, Sir", "Affirmative" sounds when moving units around. :D

One thing I'd wish for in the next version is ability to move the camera and the map screen by using w,a,s,d or the arrow keys, and possible fast moving using shift key. That would the gameplay a bit more slicker.

If you want I could make a longer list of suggestions and improvements, mainly regarding the UI. Not because I don't like it, rather becouse I like it so much that I'd like to help to improve it further. :)

One thing I'd wish for in the next version is ability to move the camera and the map screen by using w,a,s,d or the arrow keys, and possible fast moving using shift key.
No Way, this was word for word what I was just about to post while logging in after playing :) If this could be added, I automaticly went for these things based on RTS control, Id prefer w,a,s,d over arrow keys for hands and mouse feel.

BTW this is like some fancy Arma3 RTS mode, love the icons and waypoint icons, very pro, how BIS dont snap you up to continue this is beyond me (or have they?) :)

I wanted to ask, your really nice camera script with motion blurring and controls, would you consider releasing it as a script on its own (Just the camera GUI)? I would love to have an accessible version of the camera script so I could init it from menu to drop into SP High Command missions that I have, like a fancy camera/high command cam to monitor the battlefield (and exit from so i can return back to First person) ... is that a possibility? Kind of treat it like a lone camera script release as a spin off? It has excellent flow to it.

Edited by mrcash2009

Is there any way to change the mission names? (No offence I just want to actually name them like actual missions, eg, Operation Utes Assault etc.)

This is really great, I wish you could play in SP, though. I assumed you could since it was mentioned as being of interest to coop players, but the AI never started working.

Improvement suggestions:

The WASD, obviously, as well as a way to rotate and tilt the camera would be awesome.

Some kind of engineer unit that can build static defenses, lay mines, and create obstacles.

Being able to jump into any unit on the field and take direct control.

Airstrikes a la Company of Heroes, where the plane flies over and drops bombs, and then disappears.

I love what you've done so far, look forward to seeing where you take this!

I wish you could play in SP, though.

You can play it in singleplayer. I've been having so much fun playing it for a while now.

To rotate the camera, simply hold the left "alt" key and move you mouse.

Also, there is a full manual included in the files......Here is a download link.

Edited by Nicholas

I tried the I44 omaha beach WOO mission, and the AI didn't do anything at all. Maybe it's just with that mod. I'll try vanilla now.

Edit: Tried the Zargabad mission, stock units, no mods, and the AI didn't do anything at all.

Edited by Gabe_Ruckus

I tried the I44 omaha beach WOO mission, and the AI didn't do anything at all. Maybe it's just with that mod. I'll try vanilla now.

Edit: Tried the Zargabad mission, stock units, no mods, and the AI didn't do anything at all.

Odd, when I played singleplayer, I had AI units attacking me.

Just tested it is awesome but there is no AI for me ether, they have a HQ but don't build anything

Missions are in the MBG_WOO_V060 after you extract the zip, theres a folder inside that says missions, take that whole folder and move it to your Arma2 directory.

Just tested it is awesome but there is no AI for me ether, they have a HQ but don't build anything

Same here.

Dont think the mission was designed to have the AI build and attack, I believe it was said that this is a PVP type mission or no?

where supplied missions??

when you download the addon there is missions that come with it (they are .pbo's) you can open them up with an application like eliteness or de-pbo (you can find some here)

Is anyone reading what I say?

Odd, when I played singleplayer, I had AI units attacking me.

Is anyone reading what I say?

The only AI that were there for me were mine

Can I use it in editor map???

EDIT: Link removed

Edited by ArmAriffic