Sign in to follow this  
Pipetka

Very bad dammage of 9-mm bullets

M9, PM, Glock, Mp-5, UZI and Bizon are very very and very bad dammage - its cant kill effective.

As example, to kill somebody with Beretta M92FS, need 3 bullets per chest or back minimum. M9 have terrible acuracity in game and its really hard hit guy with AK in Multiplayer.

Fix it pls in next path for Arma 2 (OA)

my respect BIS, thanks a lot!

Are you expecting a stopping power similar to a rifle round that has three times the velocity? The M9 has been criticized IRL due to a lack of stopping power where it matters. I agree on the accuracy issue.

I dont wanna fix accuracy, but stop power of 9-mm rounds IRL highest than in A2, and its have hight power energy - 570 J (vs. 559 .45 ACP). IRL .45 ACP have 270-300 m\s vel. 9-mm para have 380-400 m\s. SD bullets for rifles have 290-320 m\s IRL, but in game its have dammage more and more effective than normal FMJ 9-mm bullets for M9 or PM.

I did not expect rifle round power, but its must kill effective in a close combat firefight. Now only Colt M1911 and Revolver .45 have good kill power. But if guy with M9 or PM will met with guy who's have Colt M1911 in the battle, he will be dead. I saw it many times in MP.

Edited by Pipetka

Those 9mm rounds wouldn't be denting Russian or American body armor, while messing up a Taki guerilla. So it's something of a compromise.

Try ACE for a more complex handling of all that lethality stuff. 5.56 are effective out to 500m now!

Those 9mm rounds wouldn't be denting Russian or American body armor, while messing up a Taki guerilla. So it's something of a compromise.

Try ACE for a more complex handling of all that lethality stuff. 5.56 are effective out to 500m now!

agree, try ACE!

Note that with ACE, 9mm rounds kill in two torso hits, point-blank. With the Wounding system enabled, they become almost completely useless against military body armor, requiring multiple magazines to induce unconsciousness.