Sign in to follow this  
Robalo

Robalo's ACE configs

He Rob, was just playing around with the L85's in the editor, noticed that though they are fine, the L86A2 LSW with the SUSAT optics is still using the BI reticule, and also, it cannot be zero'd like the SUSAT's on the L85 varients. Any chance of a fix on these for the next version?

He Rob, was just playing around with the L85's in the editor, noticed that though they are fine, the L86A2 LSW with the SUSAT optics is still using the BI reticule, and also, it cannot be zero'd like the SUSAT's on the L85 varients. Any chance of a fix on these for the next version?

Sure, already fixed for next update. Will come shortly after next ACE update (which I can't say exactly when it is :) )

I would like an ACE config set for those too, but only when you have the time to spare Robalo. No rush :)

I would like an ACE config set for those too, but only when you have the time to spare Robalo. No rush :)

Agree. That's an amazing work, and my favorite also.

I have a feeling quite a few people would want to mention this, but would you ever consider doing this pack?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=126168

Looks interesting, loving the packs.

Cheers, Militant.

Yes, that pack looks interesting, I may add some ACE cfg for it too, given time.

Are you still doing the vilas pack or did you mean you wont be doing either of the AK packs?

Are you still doing the vilas pack or did you mean you wont be doing either of the AK packs?

Nope, happy enough with what's already in ACEX, can't afford the time to mod things that I won't use.

I agree Robalo.

Maybe sometime in the future when you think you have finished with most of these configs you could release a small guide outlining all the stuff you do, and how to apply it to another pack, so instead of people asking you for more they might be able to do it for you, or for themselves.

Creating / Maintaining such configs is somewhat Trivial, perhaps nice idea to follow Robalo's excellent example and provide yourself and the community with such configs? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Maybe sometime in the future when you think you have finished with most of these configs you could release a small guide outlining all the stuff you do, and how to apply it to another pack, so instead of people asking you for more they might be able to do it for you, or for themselves.
Haha, exactly.

Well it's rather simple IMO, unpack his configs and look at how it's done, and check out the documentation that is already available on the matter;

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Features_for_3rd_Party_Addons

Agree, hope to find some time to write a mini guide for this. Actually, the most time-consuming for me is not writing the configs, but the research required to add as realistic values as possible.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Better than unpacking my configs is to look directly at the sources, they make use of macros and are much cleaner (but compiling them into pbos does require an adequate dev setup though):

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/tasm/repository/revisions/master/show/asr_aceconfigs

It would be cool to get Hands on a Tutorial where all the Config Functions are explained one by one. I mean, some of them are self-explaining, many others are not. If something like this would exist, i would bring me in with my limited knowledge.:)

It would be cool to get Hands on a Tutorial where all the Config Functions are explained one by one. I mean, some of them are self-explaining, many others are not. If something like this would exist, i would bring me in with my limited knowledge.:)
To me it sounds way too much for just the purpose of creating similair replacement configs as Robalo did.

For the most part it's:

- Check Robalo's configs

- Check the Guide I posted

- Check the ACE System documentation for meaning and examples of properties

Of course it would be nice if someone would throw you a handbook that explains everything, but im afraid that's not how it works :D

Also, popular saying in my area is "Learn by Doing". ;)

Also, popular saying in my area is "Learn by Doing". ;)

Aye!

First steps done this Way, and further ahead also. :D

I will do my best to answer any questions you may have about ACE config properties, but please check available documentation first.

Uploaded version 7 of the configs.

- Added config for RH's pistol pack

- Replaced most EOTechs with ACOGs for USMC soldiers

- TA31DOC reticle for ACOGs on RH's M4A1 Custom and SCAR-L models

- Replaced BIS L85A2 w/EOTech with L85A2 from the P:UKF mod with ACOG (mostly) and SUSAT sights for BAF soldiers (fixes #22793)

- Replaced ACOG reticles for L85A2 SD, SUSAT reticle for L86A2 with the newer ones from ACE

- Small AI RoF updates in all packs (synced with ACE configs, engagement ranges slightly extended for single shots, reduced for automatic on SD weapons)

Haha sickboy, all I have been able to accomplish so far is a .pbo file that changes the VME mens' weapons and ammo from the VME weapons and ammo to the ACEX_PLA weapons and ammo. I have a long way to go :D

Ok, I will make an ACE config for vilas weapons, although I will leave launchers, pistols and some special weapons like the groza that are already in ace out.

I will be doing the config for:

AN94

AEK971

AEK973

AK47 (and all "middle eastern copied")

AKM

AK74

AK74M

AKs74u

AS VAL

VSS

SVU

SVD

SV98

SR-3

PP19

RPD

RPK47

RPK74

It uses custom sounds so players will have to download my edited vilas pack (with vilas' permission) or download the custom sounds and de-pbo their vilas pack and place the .wss files inside and then create a new pbo out of it (this may be difficult for begginers).

When it is finished I might replace standard BIS/ACE weapons used by russians with Vilas and make that into a second config file.

When all of that is complete, would you put my ACE configs for vilas AKs in your pack Robaldo? It would be easier for the community to not only download in one go, but your mod is very popular and they may not find my config pack.

If error free, i'll put it up on Six Updater :)

In any case, be sure not to edit the original addons (at least not for ACE compatibility properties ;)), but to create seperate override configs, ala Robalo's ACE configs :)

That should also be possible for sounds, but up to you.

Foxhound, Sickboy: thanks for the mirror update!

Tom1: good luck with it, I know it's a lot of work, you may want to check my partial config work, got probably about 50% done for the Vilas config but lost interest along the road.

I will add it to my pack if it passes quality control :D