Sign in to follow this  
Robalo

Robalo's ACE configs

Hey,

I think you have this mixed up with another project of mine, the AI related addons.

:blush::lecture:

Indeed, I was looking at the wrong section in my browser tab as I posted, oops.

I'm not all that keen that you've used the sight pictures that came with the BAF versions of the weapons though, as they were never very realistic: Tritium illumination in the SUSAT is red not green, and the ACOG reticle used by British forces is the crosshair-type not the chevron - but I suppose that's something that has to be done for the sake of having animated reticles in ACE (which are a great feature they've added to this game). I tried to get BIS to change that before BAF was released, but to no avail.

These new rets for the L85 will be in tomorrow's ACE update:

baf_acog.jpgbaf_susat.jpg

Hello Robalo, thanks for the new reticules for both BIS and UKF's L85, but the UKF L86A2 with SUSAT scope is still using the green arrowed version, not the new one. Will it possible to change to the new one?

And also, will you change the UKF's L115A3 scope reticules to ACE one? Thanks! :)

Looks good Robalo; will check it out as soon as my ACE install finishes updating.

And also, will you change the UKF's L115A3 scope reticules to ACE one? Thanks! :)

The reticle in BAF/ACE is wrong for the scope on the L115A3 we modeled (S&B 5-25 x 56 PMII). It is however correct for the S&B 3–12 x 50 PM II scope modeled on the BAF 'L115A3' (which is really more of a L115A1).

I'd love to have a FFP scope for our L115A3 (with proper 5-25x zoom instead of the castrated zoom levels we had to use to get the reticle to work) but I think it's unreasonable to ask the ACE guys to add something to their mod for a third party addon that not all their users will want; and I don't have the resources to know how to do it myself.

I assume if third party modders could include custom animated scopes for ACE, it wouldn't have to make the addon ACE dependent as they are optional even in ACE?

I'd love to have a FFP scope for our L115A3 (with proper 5-25x zoom instead of the castrated zoom levels we had to use to get the reticle to work) but I think it's unreasonable to ask the ACE guys to add something to their mod for a third party addon that not all their users will want; and I don't have the resources to know how to do it myself.

I assume if third party modders could include custom animated scopes for ACE, it wouldn't have to make the addon ACE dependent as they are optional even in ACE?

Well, reasonable. Hope if they could get the idea for more, proper scopes with 3D reticules (it will keep the reticule scale when zooming). If not then keep using what it already is then.

Hello Robalo, thanks for the new reticules for both BIS and UKF's L85, but the UKF L86A2 with SUSAT scope is still using the green arrowed version, not the new one. Will it possible to change to the new one?

Sure, I will update the configs to make use of the new ACE reticles soon.

What da12thMonkey said. This one is a little harder to do, because it's a new type of variable scope, 5-25x and I still don't have enough knowledge about modelling and the ACE reticles sys to make that on my own (yet :)).

Well if priorities aren't defined by the mission maker the feature should do nothing different than what it does now.

Hi Robalo, I guess you've been asked this question very frequently, but can you tell some rough approximate time (or year :D ) of when are you planning to do configs for Vila's Russian pack?

Waiting imaptiently!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Robalo, I guess you've been asked this question very frequently, but can you tell some rough approximate time (or year :D ) of when are you planning to do configs for Vila's Russian pack?

Waiting imaptiently!

Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid that project is on hold. Probably did 50% of it but since I don't use that weapon pack there's no motivation for finishing it.

Anyone is free to take it further: WIP configs are here.

Hey man,

Firstly, great configs, just what I was looking for, but I have a quick question reguarding the UK forces weapon configs you've done.

Is it still possible to deploy the bipods on weapons such as the GPMG, L96 and the L86? I tried the usual of using the "H" key but it doesn't seem to work anymore. May I ask if it is still possible to do?

The same goes for the grip change on the grenade launchers, where as before one could change from holding the UGL's barrel, to holding the girp, something that I quite enjoyed doing.

Thanks man.

Hey wiggie,

I left those 2 features out intentionally because they're buggy and are not so important for gameplay to be worth fixing like I did for the IR/Flashlight feature.

With my config, the bipod resting works regardless of them being deployed or not.

The original features like bipod deploying, UGL hand animation change or the LLM function have these issues:

- a full magazine is loaded every time you switch

- any mags you have on you that are not for the current weapon are dropped when you switch

Ahhh, I knew about the automatic reload, but not about the dropping of other magazines, (mainly as I tend to use the space on my back for boltcutters and not secondary weapons).

That explains a lot, and now I know its a feature I can live and play without. Thanks man! :)

very good, but recoils are still high...try to reduce them please ;)

Sorry, I'm not touching the recoils, they come straight from ACE.

Sorry, I'm not touching the recoils, they come straight from ACE.

but if i shot with...for example sa58, it will have recoil(not so big...if im prone...but will come to basic weapon position after fired some rounds), but if i shot for example with rh acr, it will poop up and will not come back even in prone...i like ur configs, but i think that this recoil isnt so good

edit: sorry, i was wrong, its good there, make config for pistolpack also ;)

Edited by Klubargutan

The ACR has the recoil config of the M16, I don't see why you compare it with the SA58.

Again, sorry but no point discussing them here since I'm just using the ACE recoils.

The ACR has the recoil config of the M16, I don't see why you compare it with the SA58.

Again, sorry but no point discussing them here since I'm just using the ACE recoils.

sorry, i was wrong, its good there, make config for pistolpack also ;)

there is recoil problem

hey, will you make a config for pistolpack also, please? If I made it, it would be maybe good, but u have started making configs, so it would be weird...

hey, will you make a config for pistolpack also, please? If I made it, it would be maybe good, but u have started making configs, so it would be weird...

Nothing weird at all, but let me see if I can do something about it this week-end, if not, it's all yours :)

Nothing weird at all, but let me see if I can do something about it this week-end, if not, it's all yours :)

if that happens(if u will not do with it something...i hope u will, ur good configer), i dont know, what should i do with pistol pack ammunition...cos ace doesnt have it...:confused:

just maybe i can do real life recoils and make real life weight of weapon...but...idk what other...:cool:

Can you please do the RH AK pack. It is the highest quality AK pack I have seen to date :)

Edited by Tom1

A little update.

I'm making a config for the pistol pack, will probably finish it sometime this week to release it with some minor updates to the existing configs as well.

Negative for the AK pack.

Can you move all the RH machine guns to the "rifles" list in The Armory? The ACE has been modified all the MGs to Rifle list to avoid glitch with backpack or launcher.

Can you move all the RH machine guns to the "rifles" list in The Armory? The ACE has been modified all the MGs to Rifle list to avoid glitch with backpack or launcher.

Having them shown properly in the Armory as MGs does not have anything to do with the ACE backpack or launcher slot limitation workaround so I see no reason for it.

They only use the primary slot.