Sign in to follow this  
Robalo

Robalo's ACE configs

Frosties, what I wanted to see is exactly what mods you're loading and in which order. RPT provides most valuable info.

Looks good there.

Perhaps the issue is a mod config mismatch with the other player or server.

Never had the issue with missing sounds on dedicated, with several players.

More info welcome.

Im gonna try and check it out tonight with dedi and more players to see if it still is there so it wasnt my server that was cranky..

Have you made sure both players and the server actually have the mod loaded?

Robalo, is there an easy script method to check if the mod is running or not?

Robalo, is there an easy script method to check if the mod is running or not?

Yes, which one ? Also why do you need it ? Asking because I'm not adding or changing new classes as far as I remember.

So that I can auto-kick players who don't have it on a server that does have it and vise-versa.

galzohar - a little function:

_haveem = true;
{
if !(isclass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> _x)) exitWith {_haveem = false};
} forEach [
"asr_aceconfigs_rh_hk416_settings",
"asr_aceconfigs_rh_m4_settings",
"asr_aceconfigs_rh_mgs_settings",
"asr_aceconfigs_rh_mk18_settings"
];
_haveem

The AK74M config needs updatin' since tonight's ACEX has many of them already.

Updated to v6 in first post.

Added config for P:UKF weapon pack and L115A3.

Removed AK74M configs (redundant/conflicting with latest ACEX).

Updated default USMC loadouts to use RH's M16A4 with ACOG and Holo instead of Aimpoint.

Pic of soldiers with new weapons.

Updated to v6 in first post.

Added config for P:UKF weapon pack and L115A3.

Removed AK74M configs (redundant/conflicting with latest ACEX).

Updated default USMC loadouts to use RH's M16A4 with ACOG and Holo instead of Aimpoint.

Pic of soldiers with new weapons.

Ah yes, the new update works fine, and even better for the USMC's weapon replacement.

Just only one question, is the config allow to change the weapon's sound as well? The UKF's L115A3 mod is a good piece, but the firing sound is just meh... maybe the config can change them to BIS L115 sound?

Just only one question, is the config allow to change the weapon's sound as well? The UKF's L115A3 mod is a good piece, but the firing sound is just meh... maybe the config can change them to BIS L115 sound?

The BIS sound may suit you better, but others might prefer the original.

I usually don't touch the sound config but set proper class inheritance instead so various sound mods could be used with it.

In this case it's a little hard because the mod does not come with a separate config pbo which means I can't properly override it.

The BIS sound may suit you better, but others might prefer the original.

I usually don't touch the sound config but set proper class inheritance instead so various sound mods could be used with it.

In this case it's a little hard because the mod does not come with a separate config pbo which means I can't properly override it.

Alright. Thanks for the answer.

I love these configs, thanks for making them.

Is there a way with the PUKF config you could replace the BIS L85's with EOtechs with PUKF L85's with SUSAT's or Acogs, because I have never seen EOtechs in british army service at least on L85's and as it stands, on the current L85A2's, there is no picatinny rail to mount them where BIS has them, it is a raised rail like in the PUKF models.

Ah, the Eotechs, I hate those too :)

But the weapon replacement config is only a minor side thing here, main scope is the actual weapon config. There was no obvious 1:1 replacement for them, that's why they were not replaced.

Not sure what's the best way to go about it, in the meantime created

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22793

Not bad work on the ACE configs at all bud. ;)

I tried to get as many ACE features in the original weapons as possible without having an ACE dependance but it's good to have a few of the things I missed like support for ACE magazines, and some of the new features they've added since last year - like integrated IR/Light switching without the need for the scripts Norrin gave us for our pack.

I'm not all that keen that you've used the sight pictures that came with the BAF versions of the weapons though, as they were never very realistic: Tritium illumination in the SUSAT is red not green, and the ACOG reticle used by British forces is the crosshair-type not the chevron - but I suppose that's something that has to be done for the sake of having animated reticles in ACE (which are a great feature they've added to this game). I tried to get BIS to change that before BAF was released, but to no avail.

Would be nice if the ACE team had some tutorials for making custom animated sights so we could sort out some more realistic ones.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Not bad work on the ACE configs at all bud. ;)

I tried to get as many ACE features in the original weapons as possible without having an ACE dependance but it's good to have a few of the things I missed like support for ACE magazines, and some of the new features they've added since last year - like integrated IR/Light switching without the need for the scripts Norrin gave us for our pack.

I'm not all that keen that you've used the sight pictures that came with the BAF versions of the weapons though, as they were never very realistic: Tritium illumination in the SUSAT is red not green, and the ACOG reticle used by British forces is the crosshair-type not the chevron - but I suppose that's something that has to be done for the sake of having animated reticles in ACE (which are a great feature they've added to this game). I tried to get BIS to change that before BAF was released, but to no avail.

Would be nice if the ACE team had some tutorials for making custom animated sights so we could sort out some more realistic ones.

Thanks !

The SUSAT in ACE is not done yet for the reticle sys, mainly because Q1184 did not have any hi-res textures for it.

I would've used your SUSAT but the model for it is in the config pbo and I did not want to copy content from there into my pbo.

If it's OK with you, I will do it, or even better, with your permission, we'll use your SUSAT in ACE.

If it's OK with you, I will do it, or even better, with your permission, we'll use your SUSAT in ACE.

I didn't make the optics that were in the released weapons pack so it's not really up to me to permit you to use the texture. AFAIK Chris is pretty busy outside of the ArmA community too, so I may face some difficulty in asking him for you.

However, I did make a couple of alternate versions for the SUSAT optics during the development process that I can permit you to use. They ended up unused because we weren't 100% happy with them, and this issue in OA reared its ugly head; making them a bit redundant.

I'll send you a PM to download it or something.

Thank you.

I've uploaded config sources at dev-heaven if anyone interested. But they might not be very readable as I'm making heavy use of ACE macros.

Robalo - my apologies. I had a lot of mods loaded and it looks like one of them was causing a conflict. Running with just the bare essentials the mod and configs work fine. Nice job.

I will try and narrow down which mod was causing this to stop working - although this might take a while!

Next time, I will run in vanilla with ACE first before complaining ;-)

Did you ever find the mod that was causing this problem? I got the same problem and maybe you already figured it out.

Did you ever find the mod that was causing this problem? I got the same problem and maybe you already figured it out.

No mate I didn't. At the time I was testing a mission that read the configs of any mods the user had loaded to build arrays of useable units. To performance test the config trawl I threw as many mods as I could at it. It was rather unfair of me to post a potential issue under these circumstances!

Anyway, used properly, your configs work beautifully. Should I ever come across the particular mod that was causing an issue I will let you know.

Robalo ... I notice in your recent post about V6 release you added a comment about a change/mention of difficulty settings, I went back to that post but then noticed it was removed?

Apart from the difficulty settings already mentioned pre v6 which i have set it too, since V6 was there anything else to change in that area?

Maybe I have it confused but I was sure I saw that post with difficulty changes.

Robalo ... I notice in your recent post about V6 release you added a comment about a change/mention of difficulty settings, I went back to that post but then noticed it was removed?

Apart from the difficulty settings already mentioned pre v6 which i have set it too, since V6 was there anything else to change in that area?

Maybe I have it confused but I was sure I saw that post with difficulty changes.

Hey,

I think you have this mixed up with another project of mine, the AI related addons.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

the ACOG reticle used by British forces is the crosshair-type not the chevron - but I suppose that's something that has to be done for the sake of having animated reticles in ACE (which are a great feature they've added to this game). I tried to get BIS to change that before BAF was released, but to no avail.

I trust you're right about this, because I will address it directly in ACE, will make the TA31DOC reticles for the L85A2 ACOGs. Hopefully some better SUSATs too, based on what you gave me. Thanks.

I trust you're right about this, because I will address it directly in ACE, will make the TA31DOC reticles for the L85A2 ACOGs. Hopefully some better SUSATs too, based on what you gave me. Thanks.

While making them I asked a bloke on our team who'd been out in Afghanistan with one, so I'm fairly confident we got it right.

If it needed any further confirmation (albeit in a more roundabout way), recently I also asked another bloke whether the reticle on the new ELCAN scope we're replacing the SUSAT with, was a chevron or cross-hair. His reply was: "They're cross-hairs. It's almost the same as the sight picture on the ACOGs we used before".

While making them I asked a bloke on our team who'd been out in Afghanistan with one, so I'm fairly confident we got it right.

If it needed any further confirmation (albeit in a more roundabout way), recently I also asked another bloke whether the reticle on the new ELCAN scope we're replacing the SUSAT with, was a chevron or cross-hair. His reply was: "They're cross-hairs. It's almost the same as the sight picture on the ACOGs we used before".

Done ;)