Sign in to follow this  
m241shotk1ll

Nobody plays anymore, atleast for MP

people who show up and play a decent game get invited into teamspeak (no under 18s)

that's as elitist as we get

A few months ago you would have barred our BI moderator Zipper5 from speaking to you if he joined your game?

The way of playing MP we knew from OFP or other dynamic games is long dead and will not come back, probably not even in ArmA3 so what you are left to is basically crappy public coop or boring private coop :). Even I finally realized that for real pvp action with no gay no-respawn/hour-long-base-travel-time, I had to put ArmA2 on the shelf.

A few months ago you would have barred our BI moderator Zipper5 from speaking to you if he joined your game?

There are 18ers and ... 18ers. Since there's no way you can tell them apart without first having a chat you need some rule of thumb to go by i guess.

I can't join a clan (several reasons) so I play in public servers. Not the greatest but still better than any other game.

But tell me if this is uncalled for. I'm up for a little domination ... 30 people in the server. We're attacking a village. I see an enemy vehicle drive by in front of me so I take out the driver. turns out i just TK and the guy goes off on me ...

Does anyone get into enemy vehicles without announcing it while a firefight is taking place, especially when the town hasn't been taken over yet and reinforcements are showing up? Just stupid in my opinion.

I check uniforms. I don't TK. But I think this was uncalled for. Tell me if I am wrong.

One of the most important things to remember when you TK someone is to at least say you are sorry (In white chat if possible). After that not much more can be done. As long as you are not doing it all the time, the sorry should be accepted and people move on. If they don't accept it and rant and rave at you, take the higher road, apologize again and let it go. Refuse to get into an argument with them. If the game/server admin is worth their salt they will step up and tell the ranter that an apology was made and to let it go. Tks happen all the time in these types of games and if people can't deal with it in a mature fashion then they should go watch cartoons, or go take a nap because their mom or dad has let them stay up too late ;). But the way it is allowed to be handled should fall on the server admin or a clan member if it is on a clan server. If the admin or clan members fail to keep control of the situation then maybe it is best to find another server.

Slightly OT but,

I go on pub servers 99pc of the time and as a result get TKed alot ( and occasionally (very) accidently TK myself...it happens).

But, the thing that gets my goat is when folk dont bother to apologise or revive you (if applicable)

It takes 10 seconds of your time, and doesnt matter whether your on TS or not, that keyboard is still in front of you.

If I get into a blue on blue situation I'm mortified and feel a right plonka and will always do my best to explain my actions (panicking, friendly in nme vehicle, low resolution, or pure stupidity on my part etc etc)

I just wish other people would have the courtesy to do the same.

end rant

rgds

LoK

Apology hell, the last time I got TK'd I got blamed for my own death. I was in a cleared town in Dom capturing bunkers when someone jumped on the server, hopped into an A10 flew over and strafed me down. This without even as much as a "hello" on joining. Then I was told that I should have mentioned I was in the AO. lol

I can't join a clan (several reasons) so I play in public servers. Not the greatest but still better than any other game.

But tell me if this is uncalled for. I'm up for a little domination ... 30 people in the server. We're attacking a village. I see an enemy vehicle drive by in front of me so I take out the driver. turns out i just TK and the guy goes off on me ...

Does anyone get into enemy vehicles without announcing it while a firefight is taking place, especially when the town hasn't been taken over yet and reinforcements are showing up? Just stupid in my opinion.

I check uniforms. I don't TK. But I think this was uncalled for. Tell me if I am wrong.

Play a lot on Public Servers as well. Nothing annoys me more when people complain about getting TK'd while they are in an enemy vehicle. Simple, dont get in it!!

Sure they may have announced it, but between the chaos and fog of war, its gonna happen.

Having said that, agree that an apology should be offered and then move on. Of course if its your tenth TK in a row, then there is a reason for the frustrations.

The challenge of Public Servers is being TK'd, sort of comes with the territory.

Also, friendly fire is pretty commonplace in "the real world"

@clavicula ... can't remember if they had TS set up or not. To tell you the truth, all the cross talk is distracting as there is no discipline in public servers.

I understand. You should come onto our public server, especially when there are some members around. We usually (but not always) try to organize our public players as much as they are willing. We don't require anyone to use our TS server unless they intend to fly and VON -should- be enabled. We typically have a buttload of players, as well. Filter "Task" and look for Task Force Black Jack Charlie. For Domination, we usually alternate between the standard 1-Team Domi and TvT Domi.

Hells, I'd bar Zipper from TS right now, just for the hell of it! :D

Not saying sorry for blue on blue should be punished by admins of any server, regardless of the circumstances. Maybe ppl behave rude / careless because no admins are around at all?

Regardless of circumstance? Ever had a friendly run in front of you scope? Or gotten the bad side of a heli crash getting "all the blame"? Then the borderline already described where people jump into enemy vehicles. Attempted communications or not - enemy vehicles get me very jumpy.

There is no need to punish accidental friendly fires - teach the guy who is a bit too heavy on the trigger. Like "stick with us and only shoot when we shoot and in the same general direction". You can't really blame anyone in Domination, as it usually goes down (exceptions exist), with a bunch of headless chicken rushing to take the target. Friendly fire during organized games, planned attacks etc, are much more unforgiving.

He didn't say you should be punished for the blue on blue, but for the fact that you were rude enough to not even say "sorry 'bout that" afterwards.

Regardless of circumstance?

I know where you're coming from, but i was talking from an Admin's perspective. When things like you describe happen, 99% of the time no admin will witness them directly, they only see <personA> TKed <personB>.

The only hinch of what might have happened would be if personA types: "SORRY but you...

... ran in front of my scope.

... got into the tank that i shot a second later.

... apparently didnt read my warning about blowing up the radio tower.

A little sorry is always good just to inform ppl that whether guilty or not, you're a nice guy who wants to keep on playing rather than being kicked.

There is no need to punish accidental friendly fires - teach the guy who is a bit too heavy on the trigger. Like "stick with us and only shoot when we shoot and in the same general direction". You can't really blame anyone in Domination, as it usually goes down (exceptions exist), with a bunch of headless chicken rushing to take the target. Friendly fire during organized games, planned attacks etc, are much more unforgiving.

However it is ironic that its not the headless chicken that TK most of the time - its the calm, calculating snipers hanging way back that cant identify targets for crap. Its not uncommon - it happens in every bloody town in Domination.

I played a few days ago that could qualify as hilarity if it wasnt so sad. We basicly had the zone, maybe a few stray enemies left. Friendlies where in all bunkers and we could even see each other from bunker to bunker, it was a "hello, we're over here, cool to see you guys!" *wave with rifle* situation, if you know what I mean.

I think I counted half a dozen TKs within a few minutes and it wasnt just one sniper, it was every damn one we had on the hills firing blindly into the city (and bunkers). "Oops!". "Sorry!". "My bad!".

FFS.

Of course there is pure accidental friendly fire. Shit happens. Hell it can even be funny at times. But it still doesnt help that there is a HUGE amount of needless TKs simply because Arma II is supposed to be "realistic" with its clean GUI. Except its not realistic at all.

Hi, i would play ArmA2 in MP much more if there were more than 5 open servers with coops for the vanilla game, but sadly for me... if i want to play in MP i'll had to install the OA to make the CO and also download the ACE2 and some of the other mass accepted/supported mods to play. But i don't want to pull down my pants to play in MP, i preffer not to play then. Let's C ya

Kind of starting to regret purchasing Arma 2 OA, There is nobody on for multiplayer :(

loads of people still play this game. check UO server