Sign in to follow this  
m241shotk1ll

Nobody plays anymore, atleast for MP

Kind of starting to regret purchasing Arma 2 OA, There is nobody on for multiplayer :(

What servers are you looking at? I always have a game of 20 or more people every night. Time zone means alot also.

well..

M241shotk1ll is partially right.

Even after a short period A2OA was out..lots and lots of people was still playing A2(str8)

PvP.

I myself until the last year) was a fanatic pure PvP'r -everyday/lots of hours (CTF's/AD's/DM's/CH's)

If we go further back in ArmA1 era for a glance..the 'traffic' was even greater (2x)

---

Now-me too- i feel lucky if i find a "Domi 2 Teams" or a "Valhalla"

and most of PvP clans i knew then..they are now gone/disbanded

Thats sad indeed..but i wouldn't NEVER regret buying A2OA.

Along with A2(str8)+Community addons and *cough-DLC's-cough*

...its a pure diamond.

Edited by GiorgyGR

arma2 multiplayer is boring! after you played battlefield badcompany 2 online,its a whole other world,no people complaining if you take a helicopter and fly to the enemy and leave the helicopter there,or you fly alone

it makes the editor unique about this game

arma2 multiplayer is boring! after you played battlefield badcompany 2 online,its a whole other world,no people complaining if you take a helicopter and fly to the enemy and leave the helicopter there,or you fly alone

it makes the editor unique about this game

Yup, Bad Company does sound like a much better choice for someone who doesn't understand how to play as a team indeed.

As for multiplayer not happening anymore, simply not true. :) To get the most out of it, you'll probably want to join a unit of some type. Organized games are far superior to pub games where you'll meet people who fly helos into the enemy alone. ;)

Filter for populated servers, play on the ones from units that are populated and see if you enjoy it. If so, join up and play ArmA2 as it's meant to be played.

Do you see servers that use CO if you only have OA or ArmA2? Because there are always some servers with people playing, although the number of ppl do change with time of day.

Yup, Bad Company does sound like a much better choice for someone who doesn't understand how to play as a team indeed.

? huh

well it seems to me you never played bad company2 because its nothing else then teamplay!

Best of A2 multiplayer is hidden away from a "Regular Joe" that is jumping from open server to another... try to get into an organized them, there's a bunch out there.

? huh

well it seems to me you never played bad company2 because its nothing else then teamplay!

It's not. At least on public servers you won't find teamplay.

Well I have seen numbers growing through the last 18 month ... from 900 average to 2000 on German evenings. On weekends it's normally about a 2400 people visible online and more than 1000 servers. Look here.

It's not. At least on public servers you won't find teamplay.

playing with squads is not teamplay ?:confused:

Anyone looking for PvP should visit

Cerberus5 -C5-

They've been getting 30+ players Friday & Saturday nights (central US time),

10+ most weeknights, it a public server run & owned by a guy called

Sgt.Cowboy and is very well admined and is mostly populated with members

and regulars, you can play as you like just respect others is the only rule... oh

and have fun.

Its no German PvP server (Berzerk/Valhalla/) in way of numbers but it really is

a fk'n great server... also very high skill level required but we'll teach you ;)

edit:

filter C5 in your gamespy browser :)

Edited by 76

You guys just have a different idea in your head what teamplay means. A better description for the lack of teamwork in BC2 is the lack of coordinated communication. The BC2 type teamplay is more of everyone-knows-what-to-do without having to tell everyone what to do.

Anyway, the typical fix to come around the lack of MP in A2 that has been mentioned here as well (join a unit) does not solve the inherent issue;

Why people do not play PvP MP in A2?

At least to that extent what you would expect.

A2 has all the aspects that would make you think that it is the perfect place to see huge PvP battles; it has huge maps, wide variety of units etc., diverse, good build-in communication system. Yet you don't see Project Reality type success when it comes to the pure PvP gameplay. BI should think about this a while. What is holding back the A2 for not coming a huge success in MP?

It doesn't take a genius to understand what is causing this.

The answer to this can be btw found in the thread "Why isn't this game more popular". After reading that thread a while you will soon find out what matters exactly are holding this game back...

BTW, If ArmA3 will not fix these issues, same thing will happen with that game as well.

Best of A2 multiplayer is hidden away from a "Regular Joe" that is jumping from open server to another...

You are correct.

And maybe it's for the best.

Yup, Bad Company does sound like a much better choice for someone who doesn't understand how to play as a team indeed

This.

Do you actually coordinate with fire and maneuver, split into different elements (fire teams etc), have a clear command structure?

I highly doubt it.

There are plenty of people in MP. If you can't find them, then there's something wrong on your end.

Best of A2 multiplayer is hidden away from a "Regular Joe" that is jumping from open server to another... try to get into an organized them, there's a bunch out there.

indeed IceBreakr is correct, im glad i play with my squad called FUSION, some public servers just arent worth joining

Why people do not play PvP MP in A2?

What is holding back the A2 for not coming a huge success in MP?

It doesn't take a genius to understand what is causing this.

The answer to this can be btw found in the thread "Why isn't this game more popular". After reading that thread a while you will soon find out what matters exactly are holding this game back...

There are many groups that play PvP (FUSION, Dragon Knights, ECL, Charlie Foxtrot, to name a few), but it's not played in public because most server admins choose not to host them.

playing with squads is not teamplay ?:confused:

Respawning near your "squad mates" is no teamplay. :D I have played about 80hrs but I haven't seen something what we can call teamplay. Everyone just runs around on own paths, except snipers, they just camp and wait for easy kills. Everything else like healing, repairing etc. you do because you get points...

empty public play doesn't mean there is no multiplayer.

plus, A2 community is not big enough to have the wide range of servers full every moment. In the EU evenings things start to get better, but even then, why would i want to play on a public server and take a lot of shit from mikerally who just wants to do things his way, and in the process (not necessary voluntary) ruin everything for everyone.

because there are a lot of missions where the damn chopper doesn't spawn? Because if you take it yourself , there is a high everyone else would be picking their noses?

Go back to your favorite console game playing with all the pricks screaming in their mics.

Edited by PuFu

Respawning near your "squad mates" is no teamplay. :D I have played about 80hrs but I haven't seen something what we can call teamplay. Everyone just runs around on own paths, except snipers, they just camp and wait for easy kills. Everything else like healing, repairing etc. you do because you get points...

That's public play for you. The best way to savour ArmA is with a clan/team/unit

In the US, Task Force Black Jack is consistently busy. We have 3 servers which are usually full, or close to being full, at any given time of the day.