Sign in to follow this  
Choki

All the Bis game have Counter Strike sounds

Look around the forum and check how many people wants "performance at no cost". I'm ready to buy new PC for ArmA3 if only I can be sure that game will run smooth. So far from my observations, one have to wait ~2 years for hardware capable to run Arma games on high with solid, constant high FPS. If this is optimization, then yes, I'm the one "without knowing what I'm talking about".

And each one of those people are as deluded as you are.

I can't believe you are using a popular appeal to try to argue that you are correct about a technical argument. Talk about a red herring. "Lots of people say they want optimization therefore the problem must be optimization". Geez.

Even a doctor of computer science wouldn't be able to tell you how well optimized the game is without knowing something about the program. Many people here I doubt even know which component in their rig is the one causing their bottle necking problems, nevermind can divine how well ArmA is optimized through osmosis. What if further optimization to ArmA will result in declining quality? It's so easy to say 'this thing should run faster', but there is volumes of information on this forum discussing hardware configurations to get the most out of ArmA 2. Like I said, it's hard to let go of the detail sliders but if the game is chugging maybe you want to reduce some of those sliders. That's essentially what optimization does in its crudest form.

Edited by Max Power

Oh gawd, this old chestnut.

Is BFx a sandbox with endless creative possibilities? NO

The sounds are ok out of the box (sure they could be better) but there are umpteen mods if you dont like the stock sound.

:rolleyes:

And each one of those people are as deluded as you are.

I can't believe you are using a popular appeal to try to argue that you are correct about a technical argument. Talk about a red herring. "Lots of people say they want optimization therefore the problem must be optimization". Geez.

Even a doctor of computer science wouldn't be able to tell you how well optimized the game is without knowing something about the program. Many people here I doubt even know which component in their rig is the one causing their bottle necking problems, nevermind can divine how well ArmA is optimized through osmosis. What if further optimization to ArmA will result in declining quality? It's so easy to say 'this thing should run faster', but there is volumes of information on this forum discussing hardware configurations to get the most out of ArmA 2. Like I said, it's hard to let go of the detail sliders but if the game is chugging maybe you want to reduce some of those sliders. That's essentially what optimization does in its crudest form.

Did You even read my posts?

I accept your challenge!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Also...

Wut?

You know what I mean. BOHEMIA puts more things in a game then anyother developer or game around. Yes some of the game Elements could be better but this community needs to look at the big picture of what we have.

Bohemia gives the mod community the ability to add to picture who else does that in the way we have in this community.

PS my wife does not let me have my sound up because of my kids So the sound is fine for me lol.:p

I was just making a jest about being able to stuff 10lb of shit in to a 5lb bag lol.

To be totally honest, from my point of view (or rather listen), the sounds in ARMA are much closer to what it feels and sounds like to fire a gun, than COD and BF. My experience with guns is limited to the HK A3G3, but it compares to ARMA way more than any other game.

For one, ARMA II is really the only game that focuses so much on the sound reflection (aka echo). Its really rather nice to hear. I was wearing ear protection everytime I was shooting. COD and BF just sound like movies.

Did You even read my posts?

Yep. ArmA games have high requirements. That has nothing to do with optimization. That has to do with computing requirements.

If you meant more than simply complaining about how hardware intensive BIS games are and I didn't pick it up, I apologize.

...he mentions sounds, not physics...

Sorry, 4 post.

yes, I agree whit Scubbo. Thats why Bis nedd to improve the Sounds and Pshiqics of the game

:cool:

Ah i see. And here I thought you were just posting while drunk.

Ah i see. And here I thought you were just posting while drunk.

No I was just so enraged about the bad Pshiqics..Gets to me ya see.

I was thinking She-kicks but your's is better I think :p

you guys must be talking bout fizicks?

I also like the stock sounds with the game, but some mods enhance them while others distort them.

A great sound engine like that in BF3 would be nice, but the sounds themselves are not too important as sound modders will fix this. Check out RWS and JSRS and combine the two for the best experience.

*facepalm* if the game would have good sounds in the first place then whe wouldnt need to keep downloading different mods for different shit. what your suggesting is that BI can just slack on the sound becouse the modders will fix everything anyway.. let the modders make cool new stuff to add to the game instead of fix stuff that shouldnt be broken in the first place

*facepalm* if the game would have good sounds in the first place then whe wouldnt need to keep downloading different mods for different shit. what your suggesting is that BI can just slack on the sound becouse the modders will fix everything anyway.. let the modders make cool new stuff to add to the game instead of fix stuff that shouldnt be broken in the first place

Read Dwarden's post in this thread :rolleyes:

the crack sound those sounds make me hurt the ears. The weapon sounds are OK but the impact, crack and explosions effects are really bad

The impact and crack sounds are probably the most realistic bits of the game...

I am little confused on how you can say they sound like counter strike sounds anyways. According to some people at BIS they recorded the sounds from REAL LIFE. So these sounds are very realistic. The only thing they are missing is the environment factor that would add some distortion or echos to the sounds...

The impact and crack sounds are probably the most realistic bits of the game...

True, specially at that point of a stealth mission when you think no one knows you are there, then comes............SNAP!

Overall I like the stock sounds with arma 2, but I find the PKM and AK have the worst sound used. It makes me think theres this secret compressor that acts like a silencer on these guns.

But now I just use the ace sound mod, and they sound pretty accurate to my ears (a PKM suppressing you is loud as hell, and really pumps your adrenaline as well)

but I will admit that Red Orchestra had the best gunshot sounds ive heard so far, curious to see how RO2 will sound, as well as A3 :D

The AKM sounds amazing, I have to say.

The AKM sounds amazing, I have to say.

I really like the sound, but that's because it sounds like someone banging on the trunk of a redwood with a rubber mallet.

And I'm all but certain I've heard the exact same recording in some two-bit action movie.

Overall I like the stock sounds with arma 2, but I find the PKM and AK have the worst sound used. It makes me think theres this secret compressor that acts like a silencer on these guns.

But now I just use the ace sound mod, and they sound pretty accurate to my ears (a PKM suppressing you is loud as hell, and really pumps your adrenaline as well)

but I will admit that Red Orchestra had the best gunshot sounds ive heard so far, curious to see how RO2 will sound, as well as A3 :D

Oh yeah, the Tokarev in RO is spot on (as are many others). Very good sound design in that game to be sure.

I can't wait for RO2 either :)

the far battle effects sound like 300 peoples hitting the road with a stick at 1 km, the spam of gun sounds arent realistics.

the far battle effects sound like 300 peoples hitting the road with a stick at 1 km, the spam of gun sounds arent realistics.

You have to understand a couple of concepts:

1. If you think cracking sounds or whizzing sounds are "fake" - as you previously stated:

The cracking sound is created when a rifle fires a round that is faster than the speed of sound, creating a sonic boom when it enters/leaves the sound barriar. you can actually here this and observe it as cracking (altho im not entirely sure if its omnidirectional, as you can really only here it in arma if your in front of the bullet.) Pistols and sub machines guns dont emit cracking because they fire sub-sonic rounds.

2. You claim that rifle fire from 1km away sounds unrealistic:

Ill explain the basics of sound - its composed of many different frequencies and wavelengths. Lower frequency sound waves travel farther than higher frequency sound waves. Plus lower frequency waves can penetrate material (thats why everyone on the block can hear a cars subwoofer hundreds of meters away before they can hear any actual music)

so I would say the "dark" boom you get from rifle fire km's away is a result of the same principle: higher frequency sound dies out much faster and turns into other energy. And the only thing thats left is the lower frequencies, which you hear as gunfire.

You can test this yourself - put on a piece of music, and listen to it with/without subwoofer, in another room. And search youtube for sonic boom.