Sign in to follow this  
Choki

All the Bis game have Counter Strike sounds

Although the sounds never broke the immersion for me , I have to agree that there is room for improvement . The heavy hitters such as the M134 and the GAU could use some work .

i would like to match and beat quality of sounds from RavenShield, GRAW, Red Orchestra 1 and 2 and similar games :)

you got already taste of quality with newly recorded sounds in OA, BAF and PMC ...

i would like to match and beat quality of sounds from RavenShield, GRAW, Red Orchestra 1 and 2 and similar games :)

I keep my fingers coressed Guys!

Would rather be happy to stay with ArmA2/OA sounds ir ArmA 3 if the other option is the crap BC2 hollywood sounds.

Weapons in real life arent that loud and soldiers dont wear ear protection?

weapons are that loud, especially in built up areas --- so are vehicles, especially planes, they tend to drown out all noise in the area, wish arma could simulate that! would be badass

Oh god I hope you didnt keep bumping into my threads keep bringing that old chestnut up, I haven't shut up about RS with sound topics since Arma1 :) Did I mention recently I loved Raven Shield 3D sounds at all?

:outtahere:

Why dont use Battlefield bad company, crysis 2 and other games using sounds very rea

You do realize that their sounds are heavily edited?

But yeah in BIS games sounds are crappy

I never had issues with BIS "vanilla" sound samples for the most part... But I have more gripes against the spatial localisation. I never know where the sound is coming from.

This aside guns go "boom", choppers chop, birds sing... They do their job fine.

Weapons in real life arent that loud and soldiers dont wear ear protection?

Guns are fucking loud.

I never had issues with BIS "vanilla" sound samples for the most part... But I have more gripes against the spatial localisation. I never know where the sound is coming from.

I can at least narrow them down to front/back/left or right....close enuff for me.

:p the quality of the sounds in arma games are to low, not realistic, 0 Immersion. Why dont use Battlefield bad company, crysis 2 and other games using sounds very real and will dramatically improve the game.In a FPS sound is one of the most important things! :j:

If you ever watch news clips the sounds you hear sound more like ARMA GAMES then BATTLEFIELD/COD games hands down!

Battlefield bad company, crysis 2 sounds are very UNREALISTIC sounds when you watch news clips of conflicts from around the world. :cool:

Pls record different sounds for equivalent vehicles on each sides so you dont think a friendly vehicle is coming then get lit up by enemy!! :-(

Example:

Vanilla T90 and Abrams sound the same

I use the XRSM sound mod. A mixture of elias, jsrs, trsm and vops sound mods compiled by the XR ppls.

I use it mainly for the vehicle sounds such as hummer and stryker. Also the tanks have different and pretty nice sounds.

The XR download sections is down atm so i can 't post a link...

Pls record different sounds for equivalent vehicles on each sides so you dont think a friendly vehicle is coming then get lit up by enemy!! :-(

Example:

Vanilla T90 and Abrams sound the same

I use the XRSM sound mod. A mixture of elias, jsrs, trsm and vops sound mods compiled by the XR ppls.

I use it mainly for the vehicle sounds such as hummer and stryker. Also the tanks have different and pretty nice sounds.

The XR download sections is down atm so i can 't post a link...

That's not what the OP stated in this post! Yes diferent vechicals/armor have a somewhat different sound in real life but when you are in combat and the shit hit the fan most soldiers would not be able to tell the differents if armor is moving towards them if they have no visual input.

Yes some vets may have the ability but most will not that is the buttom line in real life. iF YOU WATCH The news not a war movie you will see ARMA has more REALISTIC sounds then other games!

The abrams and the t90 don't sound the same.

Abrams :

T90 :

My suggestion is not to use exactly the same sound for the 2 different vehicles. Especially as they belong to different factions.

they should give us realistic sounds since day 1.

i guess the modders will make different sound mods indipendently of how good the original sounds is.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

If you ever watch news clips the sounds you hear sound more like ARMA GAMES then BATTLEFIELD/COD games hands down!

Battlefield bad company, crysis 2 sounds are very UNREALISTIC sounds when you watch news clips of conflicts from around the world. :cool:

How often do you get news footage of guns firing two feet away? How often do news reporters bother to reduce the background noise and volume limitations that distort the real-life sound? Camera speakers aren't realistic either. That's why getting 'good, realistic' sounds if a subjective exercise and so difficult.

How often do you get news footage of guns firing two feet away? How often do news reporters bother to reduce the background noise and volume limitations that distort the real-life sound? Camera speakers aren't realistic either. That's why getting 'good, realistic' sounds if a subjective exercise and so difficult.

never, all the time, but the point was what is more REALISTIC sounds ARMA or Battlefield bad company, crysis 2 games. If you watch news footage ARMA is hands down. Battlefield is like watching Hollywood war movie. Yes it would be nice if all armor in the game had a little different sounds but You can't but 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag. If you get my point. I would want ARMA sounds over bull shit hollywood sounds like bad company and crysis. Just my two cents.

I think the only time arma2 gun shot sounds are even able to be considered realistic are when your simulating war footage. However, being in the shit is way different then watching it.

Yeah, the Pshiqics are bad, fix them.

Bad baaad Pshiqics.

You can't but 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag.

I accept your challenge!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Also...

Yeah, the Pshiqics are bad, fix them.

Bad baaad Pshiqics.

Wut?

Wut?

Read the original post.

I think the Psychics in ArmA could use a tweak. Right now they are much too strong.

Look around the forum and check how many people wants "performance at no cost". I'm ready to buy new PC for ArmA3 if only I can be sure that game will run smooth. So far from my observations, one have to wait ~2 years for hardware capable to run Arma games on high with solid, constant high FPS. If this is optimization, then yes, I'm the one "without knowing what I'm talking about".

And you can have what you desire. Go play on Utes and you'll get performance at no cost ;)

ArmA is tremendously sophisticated compared to other shooters, it's unreasonable to expect performance at the CoD level. Yes, ArmA could use some resources a bit better (more than 2GB of RAM please), but it's not as horribly optimized as you claim. You're running an incredibly detailed 225 square mile world in real time, along with hundreds of AI and thousands of physics-simulated bullets flying around. No other game comes even close to this.

Something resembling one of the existent sound mods should be implemented.

Edited by RangerPL