Sign in to follow this  
wamingo

Suggest a Sound

4. Ability to hear mic leakage from the person you're talking to (over the radio). If he talks to me from within a chopper, I want the chopper noises with the transmission. Probably best to have separate volume for this.

Wow this is a great idea, this would be insane if implemented correctly.

Alot of good ideas in this thread, hope BIS audio department is closely reviewing them.

I would really like more owl sounds dynamically without having to place them in editor, more sounds in villages and forests, and more sounds when crawling through foilage.

4. Ability to hear mic leakage from the person you're talking to (over the radio). If he talks to me from within a chopper, I want the chopper noises with the transmission. Probably best to have separate volume for this.

Without a lot of fine-tuning that could become quite annoying really fast.

Btw, forgot to mention

. :j:

5. More varied rain sounds (and in stereo). Rain should sound different: On road, grass, building roofs, forests, etc. Problem I have now with "houses" is that too much triggers it, even power lines (Chernarus), so I get rain drumming on rooftops every time I'm near a power line - not good.

I would also love to have better rain and thunderstorm sounds.

Some weapons sounds that dosent sound like stupid Airsoft guns? I got really depressed when i saw the SCAR whit its ligth sounds. Its like Bohemia is scared of breaking something with too high sounds. Also something that makes voices sounds like a real Radio with some scratching and stuff and the voice is not pure clear.

Edited by Siaxis

All Weapons should get a lot more BASS ! When i play Sandstorm on my Ipod and connect it to my loudspeakers it has more BASS than playing ARMA 2 on PC

@lol Jake.. BASS freak eh?

I personaly don't think that decent sound consist of 80% BASS:j:

(try equalizer to find the deepness or whatever to your liking)

Anyway, yes, there's room for improving the ''stock'' sounds as some servers doesn't allow for custom sounds but that is server/admin side 'issue' not the game fault and its about choice, I'd rather have one or two (there are more than one or two high quality sounds for arma btw) than being stock with the ones ingame.

@lol Jake.. BASS freak eh?

I personaly don't think that decent sound consist of 80% BASS:j:

(try equalizer to find the deepness or whatever to your liking)

Anyway, yes, there's room for improving the ''stock'' sounds as some servers doesn't allow for custom sounds but that is server/admin side 'issue' not the game fault and its about choice, I'd rather have one or two (there are more than one or two high quality sounds for arma btw) than being stock with the ones ingame.

I mean the gunshots . they sound like airsoft guns instead of, real guns that hurt your ears when you are shooting it . I shot real weapons and my ears hurt even with a 9mm without a headset. They should make the gun sounds louder and with much more punch and BASS !

Without a lot of fine-tuning that could become quite annoying really fast.

Hence the request for a separate volume control for it. But yeah, I foresee some technical difficulties/choices on this one.

I want to hear when you get hit inside a vehicle, both hear and see more than just a small bar taht is decreasing. I also want a radio in jeeps(where you can download your own songs)

better cities(both visual, they are DEAD as thay are now, and audible cause I want to hear some city noise.

Oh and more ambient gun and explosion sounds, there is a war going on right.