Sign in to follow this  
wamingo

Suggest a Sound

What sounds are missing from armaverse?

Big or small.

Wrack your brain and I'm sure we can find a ton of them.

Here's a few:

- Holstering or changing weapons.

- Opening/closing inventory and ammo containers.

- Aircraft retract/lower landing-gear.

- Wheel touchdown when landing.

- Reloading mounted weapons (namely M2).

- Vehicle braking.

- Throwing grenade.

- Falling debris after explosions.

- Goggles on/off toggle sound (eg Night Vision).

Your turn.

Switching from driver/gunner/cargo/commander positions whilst inside of a vehicle. Maybe some actual animations to go along with it too while we're at it.

Edited by Laqueesha

ACE sound effects were great, for weapons and others.

Will Arma3 have those sound effects?

- Empty cassings hiting the ground/walls, different sounds for different surfaces.

More environment/wildlife sounds (more to do with map design, but hey), i'd like to hear more than just wind. ArmA islands feel so empty, why is that?

Lycra shorts rubbing against hard steel

I so had a joke about that involving "my balls". But i'm too tired right now lol.

The sound of falling water following an explosion in a river or sea ?

cj

I so had a joke about that involving "my balls". But i'm too tired right now lol.

lol, you just had to get personal.

Like Arma 2, they will release the game with an acceptable amount of stuff..

From there they will hand it over to the community to do as they please.

All this extra nice stuff can easily be created by someone who knows how and distribute it for every one to enjoy.. This applies for everything that we think they forget to add.

*Sound for falling

*Heartbeat sound effect to demonstrate the soldiers stress level

*Soldiers that shout in panic when about to be killed, or in very shitty situations, do it exactly if not better than in Dragon Rising, where the PLA would shout or start crying this adds tons of immersion, I hate seeing AI in arma 2/OA not saying anything at point blank even as there getting shot.

*More sounds for ejected shell casings, especially when they hit concrete or different surfaces

*Better fire sound effect

*All the ones you mentioned.

Doors. I hate when I'm playing and someone opens/closes a door and I can't hear it, even though I'm a foot away from it if anything. Even gates. Is everything overly-lubed in the ArmAverse? :p

Actually what I hope most is being able to have the shooting sounds sound different depending on inside and outside, etc. But as to specific sounds, yeah doors for one thing. Some nice suggestions coming in so far. :)

The sound of rain hitting your gear as well as the ground when you walk out from cover.

Door sounds!!! I want to hear a door or gate open as well!

How about troops actually speaking to each other?

Also, hearing radio messages through the radio net and through the person's mouth (when close enough).

1. Stereo ambient sounds. For everything except those that (by todays engine) demands to be mono for spatial placement (effect part only). I.e. rain, wind, forest (and sand) sounds, and waves, doesn't have to be in mono. It's even easy to stereoize existing mono sounds by offsetting a channel, and it actually makes it better on the ear.

2. Gyro sound when inside cockpit. If loops are supported, spoolup and spooldown part could be dependent on canMove parameter (since we don't have an actual system). Means that under normal circumstances you would hear the loop playing rather than the start and end of the sample.

3. Agreed on touchdown and gear operations. I'm able to use different parts of a sound for gear and flap, but ultimately it's the same sample (operating sound is the same, but timing prevents the door noises to come through on the flaps - kinda tricky).

4. Ability to hear mic leakage from the person you're talking to (over the radio). If he talks to me from within a chopper, I want the chopper noises with the transmission. Probably best to have separate volume for this.

5. More varied rain sounds (and in stereo). Rain should sound different: On road, grass, building roofs, forests, etc. Problem I have now with "houses" is that too much triggers it, even power lines (Chernarus), so I get rain drumming on rooftops every time I'm near a power line - not good.

6. Yeah, doors and gates would be awesome. Hmm... I think. Takes away a bit of the stealth element though. If not, at least the possibility to add anim based eventhandlers to houses. So far I've not succeeded.

7. Ambient sound effects also to work in a camera based view. I think I only get to hear the ambient loops, not the effects associated with it (i.e. I can hear forest sound, but not its effects like a wolf if defined as a randomly played SFX). Walking through a wood I get everything. In camera mode I only get the ambient loop.

Sorry not everything is a sound, but at least sound related :)

Ability to hear mic leakage from the person you're talking to (over the radio). If he talks to me from within a chopper, I want the chopper noises with the transmission. Probably best to have separate volume for this.

Damned good idea. It'd be nice to no longer have to dub gunfire into radio chatter. :(

If you listen closely enough; the sound of your watch ticking... :cool:

Also just more ambient sounds (wind blowing the vegitation, etc.).

That small sound that you get in other fps games when you hit another player.

That small sound that you get in other fps games when you hit another player.

Also:

DOUBLE KILL!

MULTI KILL!

ULTRA KILL!

m-m-m-m-m-monsterkill!!!

E P I C - S T R E A K ! ! !

I think thats one of 'those'! :p

Anyway back on topic...

Ambient amimal sounds, goats and cows come to mind.

Obvious one is rolling prone sound (how that's been missing since Arma1 defies belief to me).

1. Slide sound when stopping and additional sound for when dropping prone after running.

2. Clicks and switches for ROF changes with weapons & sight range.

3. (Not realy directly for this thread) but more variety options for brushing past foliage and non looping of the sound of it.

4. Dogs barking/animals cats in towns & villages

5. Church bells and chimes near churches (unless im missing something)

6. The sound of water hitting on roofs in various rain and storm weather / metal surfaces and tiles etc that play from each surface as you pass.

7. Sounds for opening doors/gates.

8. Sounds when in contact with gates / chain fences.

9. Sound (clothing/brushing past) for hopping over obstacles.

10. Distant ambient radio comms chatter for all vehicles / Air / Land

11. Rain / Wind / Thunder Ambient changes in closer environment (dense wood) and bird sound general ambience In Stereo format.

12. Walking in woods triggering twig snaps and other small sound details of animals startled and running / logs falling etc.

13. Vehicle crashing into wood/fenced/walls ... just overhauled completely and stop the looping and more variation for surface type.

And as been mentioned already here and above ... "Stereo Support" for most of it :)

I know mods can do these things to a point, but Vanilla with configs to support for mods would be good.

Edited by mrcash2009