It'd be nice if there was a variable so that the vehicles would keep spawning even if the unit the module was synched to died. It's a bit of a buzzkill when I have a huge battle going, and it ends because a Shilka decides it's a good idea to run over the guy the module is synched to.

this moveincargo bmp;

this allowdamage false;

but yeah i guess many times people don't want the general.. just the spawning. I will consider what I can do. I think to start with I will make it spawn in a bigger circle and around the module, instead of around the soldier.

what about dropping the possiblity of presence to "zero" like how you can convert OpFor vehicles to be on Bluefor side ? The unit will remain invisible but would be synced to the SFP Module ?

Chapman

Nice work GranQ, I like that the base can be destroyed, I make the synced unit armor not rifleman and attach it to high command and try to move it away from the action, but the option to destroy is a good thing IMO.

Also when using this I notice that any army synced (at reasonably great distance) just go off capturing towns and not really interested in each other unless they cross paths which I like as there is no real inevitable meeting point and so very random unless you place units very close in the editor.

A reinforcement option in a certain radius would be nice maybe? So that units just sitting doing nothing in other towns would move to a nearby conflict.

:EDIT: I been playing this quite a bit now, i place 2 opposing HQs side by side in the middle of Chernarus and sync them each to a EBS and give them a placement radius of 6000, it takes a little bit to warm up but once she gets going its great and its all random, using this with HC i notice every time there is a natural front line created, it seems after a couple of hours things quieten down and units stay in the towns, looking forward to those updates, in 2 hours i fired only three shots at a heli and generally had a blast :D

Edited by Katipo66

One thing I have noticed is that I don't see many foot patrols. Is that normal? I'm really looking forward to the next release though! Great work GranQ.

One thing I have noticed is that I don't see many foot patrols. Is that normal? I'm really looking forward to the next release though! Great work GranQ.

Same here, only amored and air units. Don't see any infantry.

i noticed infantry being driven in the back of trucks with the P85 addons but indeed no infantry on foot,

Infantry seems to get loaded into every nook and crany available on vehicles - nice touch.

Chapman

Another issue i had was mentioned before in someone else's post. I tried to get an epic battle going in a large city that's part of a huge island but since the ebs randomly assigns cities to invade, the BLUFOR units all turned around from the city and went off in random directions away from the main city that I wanted to fight in. Kind of a bummer when all your armor decides that taking over some town called blah is more important than the main objective.

Great mod works well with PRACS but could use more paratroopers jumping from planes ive tested it with big cities and my complaints are they dont really get alot of units out there fast enough and i rarely saw infantry during combat plus could it be possible for the forces that hold an area set up defences like static and patrols and maybe the units that take that town stay and hold it until diverted for something bigger leaving troops to stay behind and hold down the fort

Ive been playing this quite a bit now, just some random thoughts...

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have separate modules for each unit type such as men, air, armor etc... that way if one base is destroyed the side would still be able to produce other unit types.

Also this would allow the ability to setup pretty dynamic missions, with bases not necessarily needing to be closely grouped as in warfare.

And was thinking off the ability to offset spawn for air units..

Just thinkn out loud :)

Hate to be that guy, but just wondering if you are still working on this or if there might be any updates, not asking when, but if :)

in Mexico for the summer.. so next update on the modules, not before august :)

If you want to tweak and send me the files I would be more than happy.

Hate to be the guy who drags up an old post, but just want to inform that im working on a updated version of EBS.

The first version to be released will be a scripted version. but i will probably update the standalone addonversion and the EBS module in SFP Mod too

Added some features to expand control over the spawning:

-Change the maximum number of units a module can produce, both "alive at the same time" and "total number of units in garrison

-Change at what distance the units try to capture towns.

-Will also make a scripted special version the integrates with Rydygiers Hetman commander. EBS handles the spawning, HAC handles the war

E.T.A?

When its done, have a internal Beta ready but found some more features i might add..