Sign in to follow this  
domcho

More than 63 groups for a parade?!

Hello! I wanted to make a huge parade in the Everon airport. The problem is I can have only 63 groups and in my mission there are 63 groups with only 1 unit in each group because if I group the units 12 per group then they are not placed how they should be. I tried a few thing but they didn't work.

I set the units not to be "In formation" but to "None" and used doStop this. Problem here is they start looking at random spots. I used switchmove commands such as "FXStandAtt" but they still were able to rotate and look where they want. I used disableAI move and that didn't work as well. I am using the ICP_anim addon. So basically I am trying to make lots of soldiers from 1 side staying in a specified place and facing a specified direction. Thanks you very much in.

hi,

Same as Rellikki but I would add setUnitPos "UP" to be sure that AI will not crawl.

something like:

stop_ai.sqs

;******************************************
;Stop AI Script by Nikiller v0.9b
;Totally stop AI. It doesn't even trun head.
;contact: nikillerofp@hotmail.fr
;[unitName] exec "scriptName.sqs"
;******************************************
_u = _this select 0

if (local _u) then {} else goto "ende"

{_u disableAI _x} forEach ["move","target","autotarget"]
_u setUnitPos "UP"

#ende

exit

Only problem is the disableAI command is irreversible.

cya.

Nikiller.

Works great, thank you! Now my problem is that I must put less than 100 units otherwise it will lag, but I wanted like 300 units marching :D

age old problem mate. Game is just poorly optimised I have seen people with thousands of units in a single scenario.. Just search up youtube (local machine) but you need a bangin' CPU to do it smoothly

age old problem mate. Game is just poorly optimised I have seen people with thousands of units in a single scenario.. Just search up youtube (local machine) but you need a bangin' CPU to do it smoothly

I'm not following. Can you explain?

If you see a smooth OFP video with 1000 units in action, chances are it was rendered in slow motion (setacctime), then sped up to 1x time in editing. This way you can create a very smooth 60fps video from a scenario that would only run 6fps in real time.

A "bangin' CPU to do it smoothly" simply does not exist, not even with NASA or IBM super computers, because OFP doesn't support multithreading.

Edited by Pulverizer

If you see a smooth OFP video with 1000 units in action, chances are it was rendered in slow motion (setacctime), then sped up to 1x time in editing. This way you can create a very smooth 60fps video from a scenario that would only run 6fps in real time.

A "bangin' CPU to do it smoothly" simply does not exist, not even with NASA or IBM super computers, because OFP doesn't support multithreading.

Whoops Just realised i have drifted into OFP section.. please disreguard :confused: