Sign in to follow this  
rmarduk

Why should I buy your game ?

BF3 only allows you to play scenarios the designers gave you. You just need to fork out some money for DLCs from time to time.

ArmA3 allows you to play everything that is possible on todays PCs. You just need to roam the forums and download the community addons from time to time.

Why do you need convincing? You either like the game's concept or you don't. That said, I came from fast action paced Unreal Tournament long time ago into OFP. Didn't expect to like OFP, and it did take a while to enjoy the realism aspect. But now I don't even bother with the normal games anymore because they just don't deliver the kind of excitement I'm after, and they are not even close to the depth of attempted simulation, editing and modding possibilities, and ease of access to game resources.

BIS games are a platform of fun and learning - it wants you to become creative with it. All others are just games. Typically you can't get creative. Arma is much more than a game.

Welcome to the internet, where discussions go off on a tangent because someone dared put a slash between two arguably equivalent terms.

Oh, bloody hell! This ol' chap makes some damn good points. Quick! Let's find some grammatical or spelling errors before some other bloke acknoweldges those good points. :p

TVT is all the PVP game modes without the two mentioned game modes.

No, it's not. But the things i mean are "special" enough to not count for the classical PvP, so maybe you didn't think of them.

And a good advice about the demo. BIS is really one of the last few devs to release demos. Also, you will see more info about the game at the E3.

BF3 will be a blast nonetheless. Time is your friend. If you've got 1 or 2 hrs to play, BF3 is the way to go. Whole nights are for ArmA3 and the typical Squad nights.

No, it's not. But the things i mean are "special" enough to not count for the classical PvP, so maybe you didn't think of them.

PVP means player versus player, and any mode where players fight eachother is PVP. You can't make it mean anything else by associating it with only certain game modes that the category includes. TVT is team versus team PVP, i.e. PVP without deathmatch and flag fight.

TvT ≈ PvP

attnobodycares.jpg?w=500&h=375

Back to BF3 vs Arma3...

So you need other people to tell you why should you buy a game.. How about making up your own mind? Plus its not like we know a lot more than you do, on Arma 3, other than the fact that it is part of the Arma franchise (that implies a lot of things, though).

If you want to base your opinion on facts, head to the Arma 3 site and read the confirmed features. If you also care about (wild) speculations read the Arma 3 forum.

The best thing you can do right now is to play the Arma 2 demo, just to understand what the game is about.. Because if you are expecting something like battlefield you are on the wrong forum. Yes, there are weapons, vehicles ecc but you know, there are cars in both Trackmania and Rfactor and they are totally different games.

The thing I dont understand is why do you need to know if you should buy the game right now, circa one year before release.. How about waiting for the devs to confirm some other features or to pull out some actual gameplay video, if you really are in doubt?

Did everyone have their hater-ade today? Sure looks like it from these posts.

To answer the question:

Do you want to experience the fear/excitement of getting shot and not instantly respawning?

Do you want to call in an airstrike and have someone actually perform it, not a bot?

Do you want the real feeling of team work?

Do you want the real feeling of accomplishing a difficult tasks with high stakes?

Do you want to actually swim, not watch a script of someone doing it for you?

Do you want an entire actual island to explore and have combat on?

Do you want to see if you can actually hit someone as a sniper/bomber/heli pilot?

Do you want hours and hours of re-playability with free new missions and mods (so many you may never see them all)?

If you say yes to any of these questions... then you should by this game.

If you're looking for the best combined arms simulators, you'll like BIS' games. If you're looking for the next Call of Duty, or Battlefield in this case, you won't.

If he's looking to move on from those games, ArmA 2/3 might be just right for him.

To everyone else, let's not be rude to a potential customer/comrade just because he can't spell for toffee.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Oh damn! I've just posted in an ArmA3 thread. I feel as retarded as many of the other threads in here.

*note to self* Beware of blindly replying to threads in the 'new posts' list.

i thought i'd add mine in;

Do you want to experience the fear/excitement of your AI team not doing as theyre told?

Do you want to call in an airstrike and have someone actually botch it royally?

Do you want the real feeling of team work when your entire team is dead?

Do you want the real feeling of accomplishing a difficult tasks with high stakes by dpboing the mission and making it easier?

Do you want to actually swim, and lose all your gear at the same time?

Do you want to see if you can actually hit someone with a heli pilot?

Do you want hours and hours of re-playability with free new missions and mods that you'll never ever ever sleep again in your life?

then A3 is totally the game for you!

Edited by Ebolavirus

Do you want to experience the fear/excitement of getting shot and not instantly respawning?

Do you want to call in an airstrike and have someone actually perform it, not a bot?

Do you want the real feeling of team work?

Do you want the real feeling of accomplishing a difficult tasks with high stakes?

Do you want to actually swim, not watch a script of someone doing it for you?

Do you want to see if you can actually hit someone as a sniper/bomber/heli pilot?

Do you want hours and hours of re-playability with free new missions and mods (so many you may never see them all)?

If you say yes to any of these questions... then you should by this game.

Add 'Do you feel sexually attracted to brick walls?' to that lol :D

i thought i'd add mine in;

Do you want to experience the fear/excitement of your AI team not doing as theyre told?

Do you want to call in an airstrike and have someone actually botch it royally?

Do you want the real feeling of team work when your entire team is dead?

Do you want the real feeling of accomplishing a difficult tasks with high stakes by dpboing the mission and making it easier?

Do you want to actually swim, and lose all your gear at the same time?

Do you want to see if you can actually hit someone with a heli pilot?

Do you want hours and hours of re-playability with free new missions and mods that you'll never ever ever sleep again in your life?

then A2 is totally the game for you!

But this is about ArmA3.

The question is easy. I'm a normal customer. I'm going to buy Battlefield 3. Please convince me that i should buy your game to. Thousands of players are waiting for Battlefield and they will spend their money on it, that why I'm asking this simple question. Why is your game much bether than all the other games and I should not buy them but Arma 3. Did anyone asked this question to them selves to ?

Next we get to hear "will my computer run this game"...

My question why do people even bother to answer these kind of questions?

Obviously trolling of some sort...dude starts two somewhat "controversial" threads; but never drops back in to retort. He's just ruffling some feathers...let him go lol

BUY IT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FIND BETTER AND MORE REALLYSTIC GAME OF THAT (MAYBE ON ALIEN PLANET, BUT THIS IS BEST ON OUR WORLD ;))

:shoot:

cya!

Why do you need convincing? You either like the game's concept or you don't. That said, I came from fast action paced Unreal Tournament long time ago into OFP. Didn't expect to like OFP, and it did take a while to enjoy the realism aspect. But now I don't even bother with the normal games anymore because they just don't deliver the kind of excitement I'm after, and they are not even close to the depth of attempted simulation, editing and modding possibilities, and ease of access to game resources.

BIS games are a platform of fun and learning - it wants you to become creative with it. All others are just games. Typically you can't get creative. Arma is much more than a game.

Just reiterating the above, good answer i think... ;)

Ok, first of all, you shouldn't compare Battlefield with Arma, they are two completely diffrent games. Battlefield is a fun, action packed, hollywood experience with competative multiplayer. Arma is a hardcore, openworld, milsim experience. The two games strive towards totally diffrent groups of gamers, and totally diffrent experiences. Arma isn't something you can just play for a couple of minutes to kill some time, instead, it takes time to play. You have to plan your every move, you have to take into considiration all kinds of factors that can influence the outcome of the mission. Its extremely realistic, once you catch a bullet, your dead and you have to start all over again. Engagements happen often at distences greater than 400 yards. The enemy is just a dot on the horizon that is a great threat to you and your friendly's. In Battlefield ist common to get a triple kill while jumping up and down and stabbing with your kinfe. In Arma you can't jump, and you don't even have a knife. Next to that Arma sucks the life out of every standard computer, you really need to invest in some hardware if you want to take this seriously.

Basically, if you wanna know whats its like to be a soldier, a REAL soldier, you can give Arma a shot.

If your looking for another FPS with lots of explosions and want to play rambo while pwning noobs online, you should try something else.

Don't get me wrong, once you get a hold of it and when you put some time and effort in in it Arma can be great fun. But I've warned you, I've seen it happen countless times that someone thought they could just go online for another war frenzy, witch left this game to collect dust on there shelves.

Ok, first of all, you shouldn't compare Battlefield with Arma, they are two completely diffrent games. Battlefield is a fun, action packed, hollywood experience with competative multiplayer. Arma is a hardcore, openworld, milsim experience. The two games strive towards totally diffrent groups of gamers, and totally diffrent experiences. Arma isn't something you can just play for a couple of minutes to kill some time, instead, it takes time to play. You have to plan your every move, you have to take into considiration all kinds of factors that can influence the outcome of the mission. Its extremely realistic, once you catch a bullet, your dead and you have to start all over again.

Lol, you do realize you've also just answered the question BF3 vs MW3?

They always say how realistic one game is and how the other game's so much more realistic. Oh, the fun.

Also, check to see if we're being trolled. Getting some fear, doubt and skepticism doesn't really seem like a normal post. Or am I wrong? :confused:

Please convince me that i should buy your game to.

Isn't that what demos are for?