Sign in to follow this  
rocket

USEC Parachutist/H.A.L.O. Series

Pre-alpha: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a5ih17bc7h2aiax

Sorry - caught up with the earthquake stuff here.

This is a development version with no instructions or anything. Please don't host this for the moment, formal release with readme pending after earthquake dramas are over.

Edited by Rocket

thx for the alpha rocket, will test this out asap.

wow simply thanks a lot!

and i can understand you. an earthquake and the health of you and other people is more important than this. I hope you will make it through without any losts!

so thanks a lot for this very kind gesture rocket!

PP

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

oh and on a sidenote:

it would be very good if someone could post the instructions for how to set up a HALO jump here, in maybe a spoiler.

This would help many people who are not so familiar with this to fully enjoy this preview.

well the link still works for me...

but another small question: where is it in the editor? which faction etc.. I simply cant find it.... :o

but another small question: where is it in the editor? which faction etc.. I simply cant find it.... :o

USMC==> usec unit

(don't forget to create a new folder and sub-folder "addons")

By the way, your models are awesome.

ohh snap i am a poor OA standaone user, so no USMC for me.. :(

( mod foder structure proceder is known to me ;) )

ohh snap i am a poor OA standaone user, so no USMC for me.. :(

( mod foder structure proceder is known to me ;) )

Ah ok :p too bad for you

Thanks for releasing it Rocket, wish you the best of luck out there.

Edit: Already tried it out. Looks amazing and you even threw in another regular parachutist :D

For anyone wanting a simple HALO jump spoiler, here it is. Put it in the init of the unit you want to use ;)

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +1000];

this flyinheight 1000;

this setvelocity [0,0,0];

[this] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs";

height +1000 is obviously adjustable

Edited by Evil_Brownie

you said it... :(

but usually it automatically creates the class

Anyway, you have to buy arma 2, just for Chernaruss !

Sorry for the off-topic post!

Rocket,

Have you given any thought to creating a backpack that contains some of this gear, so for example, in ACE when you equip the MC5 you could see primarily the main backpack on the back and the backpack in the front between the legs?

This really is a beautiful piece of kit that lives up to expectations in game, can't wait for the full release

so anychance of some of your fancy screenies showing these guys off then Dave? :P

so anychance of some of your fancy screenies showing these guys off then Dave? :P

If USEC/Rocket's alright with me using a pre-alpha for photos suppose I could do, doesn't particularly feel 'finished' or at a point where it's showing all of its beauty though

I'm sure a version wearing DPM (or the capability to make one) would make things a bit more tempting though ;)

Edited by DaveP

Earlier in the post I released a current "development" version for people to play with. Unfortunately due to work I am quite busy due to the Earthquake and record amounts of snow (hell of a year for Christchurch!).

If people really, really need updates on status they are welcome to PM me. I don't often get a chance to reply straight away but I do reply eventually.

Also, if someone would like to assist with the project I can give them access to the SVN repository.