Sign in to follow this  
rocket

USEC Parachutist/H.A.L.O. Series

I thought it was fairly obvious in my first post, the models are made from reference material? The model referenced is one of those.

Thanks to all those who have provided feedback. An alpha is available but its use is fairly limited at this stage.

I thought it was fairly obvious in my first post, the models are made from reference material? The model referenced is one of those.

Thanks to all those who have provided feedback. An alpha is available but its use is fairly limited at this stage.

Understood. But DevilDog is saying that, since the models look exactly the same, then if you got the model from somewhere else you should actually give the author(s) credit. Giving credit isn't saying that the model was made from reference material, which implies you made the model. Giving credit is saying that you got the model, or XYZ parts of the model, from these people/companies. That's giving credit. And, I don't mean to be offensive or say you're lying, but when a model look 100% like another model, then chances are it is that same exact model. You need to actually credit Camelot, Inc. in your first post. It's the right thing to do.

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

What part of

and

Does that not cover? I thought it was fairly obvious that this was what happened, as per several other addon makers in the community

I don't want to cause an affront over this but it feels like you guys are pushing away something awesome that's being offered to the community

It's not that people are pushing it away, just that it's still good to credit the proper people for the model.

I personally like the idea of using an already good model and putting it in-game. Wish you could get Camelot, Inc's Army soldier, Marine Force Recon, and Navy Seal all in-game. That would be AWESOME!

Understood. But DevilDog is saying that, since the models look exactly the same, then if you got the model from somewhere else you should actually give the author(s) credit. Giving credit isn't saying that the model was made from reference material, which implies you made the model. Giving credit is saying that you got the model, or XYZ parts of the model, from these people/companies. That's giving credit. And, I don't mean to be offensive or say you're lying, but when a model look 100% like another model, then chances are it is that same exact model. You need to actually credit Camelot, Inc. in your first post. It's the right thing to do.

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

It's not that people are pushing it away, just that it's still good to credit the proper people for the model.

I personally like the idea of using an already good model and putting it in-game. Wish you could get Camelot, Inc's Army soldier, Marine Force Recon, and Navy Seal all in-game. That would be AWESOME!

This is a WIP thread, things can change before release. Normally when you release something you make sure all credits are there, nothing is released at this moment though

This is a WIP thread, things can change before release. Normally when you release something you make sure all credits are there, nothing is released at this moment though

If it's not an original model from the start, it needs to be credited. Is there any harm in simply crediting the proper authors? That won't mean that the mod won't get released.

For gods sake guys, take your bickering elsewhere and just enjoy the WIP pics.

Actually, this topic has given me a great idea.

With all future releases of my addons. I shall add a discredit section. So that i can properly thank those people who give me a giggle when they do/say something really retarded, or just plain "don't get it".

Edited by Rocket

Only when ppl do sumthing really good do they recieve such ridicule.

I have looked into purchasing an A-7 Corsair to be used and released in arma2.

If the Eula says the purchaser owns the rights and doesnt have to credit a modeller/company there is NO need to do it.

You spent your money,you own it.Its your business where u do your shopping and who u do business with.

Aslong as its legal your only problems will be with jealous haters.

Thanks for the addons over the years m8.

:)

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven
spelling..

Just so that we can close off this part of the discussion, the issue was never "should Rocket use the model he bought". The issue is the proper credit and the wording of the first post. To say the model was made from reference material suggests that Rocket made the model based on something else. The fact is that the model is the reference material. All I say is just add a credit to Camelot, Inc. at the bottom of the post and the issue is over. Why is that such a problem? Why is it so hard to do? I'm just asking that you credit the people who actually made the model. Out of respect for the people who actually made the model, please just add a simple credit at the end of your post. If it were your model that you made and let someone else use, would you not want to be credited?

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Only when ppl do sumthing really good do they recieve such riticule.

I have looked into purchasing an A-7 Corsair to be used and released in arma2.

If the Eula says the purchaser owns the rights and doesnt have to credit a modeller/company there is NO need to do it.

You spent your money,you own it.Its your business where u do your shopping and who u do business with.

Aslong as its legal your only problems will be with jealous haters.

Thanks for the addons over the years m8.

:)

Oh, and the Product License does not say that the purchaser owns the rights. It says that the License owner can resell, among other things, the Content for Sale, but it says that the purchaser who does not have the license cannot. And it doesn't say that no credit is needed. It is respectful to do so.

Edited by antoineflemming

The model is NOT the exact model.

The exact model is not usable in ArmA2.

It amazes me that you make these broad statements based on a couple of screenshots.

I have created a new mesh, and baked the provided model into textures onto the new mesh. I then exported this into Oxygen where I painstakingly mapped every single fucking vertex by viewing what the selection weighting was for the BIS model.

If this were a "Addon:Complete forum", I might have an ounce of respect for you and take your comments seriously. But you are making wide statements that you cannot back up.

Have you seen the credit file for the addon?

Have you seen the model for the addon? The UV mapping?

No, you haven't. So fuck off!

Lol.

WHO the hell is this antoineflemming anyway. Oh yes, he just joined in APRIL of this year. Take your trolling elsewhere.

@Rocket looks amazing mate. I like the discredit section idea.

Take your trolling elsewhere.

+1

sorry. i said to myself i wont involve to this discussion but FPDR

dont take it personal but you should really show some more respect to all the hard work Rocket did for people like you who can benefit from it for free.

All i have to contribute is a big THANKS A LOT.

peace

Actually, this topic has given me a great idea.

With all future releases of my addons. I shall add a discredit section. So that i can properly thank those people who give me a giggle when they do/say something really retarded, or just plain "don't get it".

i like your idea rocket :)!

As always the USEC addons is super high quality, and this one WOW very nice, looking forward to seeing the progress..

Nice Job Rocket and thanks for putting the BOZO "antoineflemming" in his place.

Great looking stuff your making as usual.

Looks amazing Rocket! Can't wait for the release.

Hater's gonna hate, so keep up the thick skin!

WOW these look amazing!... Cant wait for these :)

Oh, and the Product License <snip> doesn't say that no credit is needed. It is respectful to do so.

Assuming the license does not specifically call for it, it's highly unusual to see the buyer of an usage license for artistic content - royalty free or otherwise - give the author of said content any credit within the buyer's final product. It's the industry standard and is not considered unethical or disrespectful in any way. Perhaps you were thinking of a situation involving donated content?

Assuming the license does not specifically call for it, it's highly unusual to see the buyer of an usage license for artistic content - royalty free or otherwise - give the author of said content any credit within the buyer's final product. It's the industry standard and is not considered unethical or disrespectful in any way. Perhaps you were thinking of a situation involving donated content?

Yeah, sort of. I had just thought that, based on DevilDog's comments and Rocket's delay in responding to DevilDog's claims, that he had just bought or had been given the model from TurboSquid. In that case, I would have said give credit. But, it's all been cleared up, so let's drop it. I do think the model looks great. Still wouldn't hurt to credit the actual reference material but oh well. And, Exikutioner, no one was ever hating.

Damn, rocket, you rock !

:p

Beautiful stuff you got there, keep up the good work :)

I then exported this into Oxygen where I painstakingly mapped every single fucking vertex by viewing what the selection weighting was for the BIS model.

Man tell me about it! Had to do this a few times! It's a damn nightmare, although the results are worth it :) certainly here they seem to be, really looking good so far :)

a sale ? have you read what he say ? Rocket (the guy who make the addon) give us a gift (pay the model it self) so yeah rocket give us a gift

my internet goes down because of a f*cking thunder

sorry for the misunderstanding, i didn't take the time to press the button to read the full thread

Target release: This week (early June)

;) guess didnt work

but fix release dates are evil!:hang:

so take your time until your confident with your work and you think you are ready to release it.

haste makes waste ;)