Sign in to follow this  
rocket

USEC Parachutist/H.A.L.O. Series

naahhh that is sad...

so you propably will have to use some sort of HUD on the display

Could you make it a carry-able item, like a watch?

Will these be a certain unit, or just generic SF unit in HALO gear? Can't wait for these either way :)

Can you post a screen of what the unit(s) will look like stripped down to operational ground gear?

Be interesting to see how this turns out ingame... Do you think you could make some Paratroopers too?

Also if you intend to have a "change clothes" script where once you land on the ground the HALO equipment is off I suggest allowing it to have the mission maker "pick" the model you would transition into once on the ground possibly VIA the usage of classnames for the ground unit.

Also if you intend to have a "change clothes" script where once you land on the ground the HALO equipment is off I suggest allowing it to have the mission maker "pick" the model you would transition into once on the ground possibly VIA the usage of classnames for the ground unit.

the bolded is not possible in mp.

i am sure he is talking about hidden selection approach, hiding the halo gear only

Wow, excellent work!

It is actually possible using SelectPlayer but the exact best method and implications will vary from mission to mission so I wouldn't suggest it be an automated part of the addon. Best done as a placeable module with some toolbox routines to assist IMO.

Hot units.

:459: Them be some top units, cant wait to see an vid of them. Keep that good work up.

Think of it as a gift from Rocket and USEC to the community.

are you actually saying this is bought of turbosquid? not that i care

I'm not sure where Rocket get's his sources from, but I was just suggesting don't think too much about it, just enjoying it when it gets released :)

fair enough, even if it's the case, the product license doesn't deny his right to transmit it further.

Like stated before...I do not know if I would have spent $450 to release this add for free. Look here http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/navy-seal-halo-jumper-3d-model/496479

Maybe you wouldn't, but thankfully there are happy sharing people in this community who enjoy releasing addons for the general public

And how do you know that it was bought just for the purpose of this addon? While the likely case, it's wrong to state it like it's some kind of put down or affront to the addon maker that you found this out

Hotly awaiting this, and somewhat inspiring from my own standpoint of starting character modelling and seeing the cool results possible

Think of it as a gift from Rocket and USEC to the community.

a gift ? for 450$ ? ... i don't call this a gift, i call this a sale, but we are not here for that ... so, how it's going with the model ?

a sale ? have you read what he say ? Rocket (the guy who make the addon) give us a gift (pay the model it self) so yeah rocket give us a gift

Is he wearing a HGU-55P helmet? If yes, would it be possible to make a fighter-pilot out of this beauty?

I haven't used HALO units since the days of OFP, these look stunning!

Yeah sorry, not so much. Miniscule changes for a purchased/public model, IMHO. At least that is what it looks like from my standpoint... I'll enquire via the site. If this is the case, you'd guys (USEC) be better off simply stating that the 3DS models were taken from XYZ, and avoid passing them off as your own.... which is a rather scum-baggy thing to do.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/navy-seal-halo-jumper-3d-model/496479

Edited by DetCord

Yeah sorry, not so much. Miniscule changes for a purchased/public model, IMHO. At least that is what it looks like from my standpoint... I'll enquire via the site. If this is the case, you'd guys (USEC) be better off simply stating that the 3DS models were taken from XYZ, and avoid passing them off as your own.... which is a rather scum-baggy thing to do.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/navy-seal-halo-jumper-3d-model/496479

What part of

Made from extremely high quality 3D reference material

and

The Seller grants to the Member who either purchases license rights to Content via a Valid Sale, or downloads freely available Content submitted by the Seller, a non-exclusive, worldwide, license in any medium now known or hereinafter invented to: (a) reproduce, post, promote, license, sell, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, or transmit for promotional and commercial purposes; (b) use any trademarks, service marks or trade names incorporated in the Content in connection with Seller material; and © use the name and likeness of any individuals represented in the Content only in connection with Your material. The Member license to Content in this paragraph is limited to Incorporated Content. Such use or republication, including sale or distribution of Content that is not Incorporated Content is prohibited. For illustration, approved distribution or use of Content as Incorporated Content includes, but is not limited to:

(i) As rendered still images or moving images; resold as part of a feature film, broadcast, or stock photography.

(ii) As part of a game if the Content is contained inside a proprietary format and displays inside the game during play.

(iii) As Content published within a book, poster, t-shirt or other item.

(iv) As part of a physical object such as a toy, doll, or model.

Does that not cover? I thought it was fairly obvious that this was what happened, as per several other addon makers in the community

I don't want to cause an affront over this but it feels like you guys are pushing away something awesome that's being offered to the community

Edited by DaveP

It was clearly stated that it utilised library sources. So what's not to like? The original artist receives a financial reward and we get to enjoy a pro-release, everybody wins.

So DevilDog, are we to assume that you'd rather them take it down since they paid for it so that you can release your HALO addon for the community? I think this late in the game, most of the community members/addon makers have been saturated with the copyright laws and the do's and the don'ts that seem to polarize this game and they would know what they can or can not release legally.

I respect your comment, but as DaveP said, let's not push this away IF they did acquire the rights and are now releasing it for FREE.

Good job USEC members.

And Semper Fi DevilDog0352

So DevilDog, are we to assume that you'd rather them take it down since they paid for it so that you can release your HALO addon for the community? I think this late in the game, most of the community members/addon makers have been saturated with the copyright laws and the do's and the don'ts that seem to polarize this game and they would know what they can or can not release legally.

I respect your comment, but as DaveP said, let's not push this away IF they did acquire the rights and are now releasing it for FREE.

Good job USEC members.

And Semper Fi DevilDog0352

I don't think DevilDog is saying that they should take it down. What DevilDog is saying is that they should give credit where credit is do. That SHOULD be done regardless of whether they acquired the rights or not. Crediting the maker of the models is simply the RIGHT thing to do.