Sign in to follow this  
rocket

USEC Parachutist/H.A.L.O. Series

It would be awesome if we could script it so that you can remove the HALO gear after landing..if this is possible, count me in the scripting thing :)

Thanks for keeping my eyes graphically Arma3-tuned :)

In the first post it says: "You can hide parts of the uniform dynamically"

Isn't that the same thing? What are you talking about?

It would be awesome if we could script it so that you can remove the HALO gear after landing..if this is possible, count me in the scripting thing :)

Thanks for keeping my eyes graphically Arma3-tuned :)

It's possible- in fact, it's been done. ADuke and I have been doing this for months now

sweet, looks great , I also seen a nice video of ADukes HALO Mod, shame he never released it publically ;)

I won't hijack the thread further after this, but here are a few pics showing the progression- drop, chute open and on the deck. Using hidden selections and hidden selections textures it's easily done. The main problem is the wonky issue with hidden selections and cast shadows, so you kind of have to choose what to remove that doesn't leave it looking completely terrible. Then again, the drop only takes only a couple minutes depending on the altitude, so it's usually hardly noticeable.

arma2oa2011-05-2923-30-58-24.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/wp33/arma2oa2011-05-2923-32-09-42.jpg 141 kb

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/wp33/arma2oa2011-05-2923-32-18-43.jpg 143 kb

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/wp33/arma2oa2011-05-2923-32-29-93.jpg 152 kb

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/wp33/arma2oa2011-05-2923-33-17-37.jpg 140 kb

Edited by W0lle

Can't believe that those are Arma 2 screens. Amazing

looks tight man, nice work

Well the textures and the modell look simply stunning!

Do you think youre able to make an working altimeter which can be worn on the wrist?

This would kind of be an key element of HALO jumps in Arma 2.

i think i'm able to spot one of these in one of your screenshots

but i dont know if they will work

Well the textures and the modell look simply stunning!

Do you think youre able to make an working altimeter which can be worn on the wrist?

This would kind of be an key element of HALO jumps in Arma 2.

[*]Trying to script in a watch altimeter but having some issues, more to follow on that

Was in the first post :)

I'm so happy......

Between this and the Diving Mod ... omg... the possibilities...

I'm so happy......

Between this and the Diving Mod ... omg... the possibilities...

the possibilities are:

1. Jumping out of planes

2. Diving

:)

But the models do look stunning. :)

Not to just fill up this thread with nothing but "amazing" but amazing! I don't know if anyone asked this yet, but what happens when he gets to the groud? Does he lose his gear or change clothes etc...?

I have always wanted to make a HAHO mission which this would be perfect for. They are more common than HALO but I think people would be board out of their minds waiting for him to come down.

But excellent work!!!

God bless you for taking all the time it took to make this. You are going to be an Arma2 Hero to the Armaholic Community. I haven't Signed in on the Forums in a long time but Seeing this made it Impossible not to.

Those pictures are just BA to the Core I love the concept love the Idea and have been asking why hasnt anyone tried it. Amazing... So will it be possible to do HALO HAHO Rings of Divers? Also I too was a bit curious as to what happens when you get down. I guess well have to wait and see...

You can hide parts of the uniform dynamically

This means you will be able to take off the gear, once you've reached the ground ;)

looks really really really good :)

Due to limitations with animations, I have been unable to get the altimeter on the wrist working. I can't animate it directly on a "man" class object, as I need to add in extra bones and it causes the skeleton to become stretched. I tried attaching a seperate object to the write using "attachTo" however, it is drawn behind the player model no matter how close it is to the player in first person view.