Sign in to follow this  
m241shotk1ll

Yes I am new to Arma2 OA

So this is my first Arma game, I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer them,

1. A lot of people still play the game multiplayer wise?

2. When I put in the game to download it, what should be the first thing I do?

3. Did Arma2 PR ever happen? Can't find it on the net :confused:

4. Seems hard to download mods and add them in, any good websites I can check out to see how it is done?

Thanks in advance

1. it depends on how you define a lot. there is also the question of public vs private/hidden mp servers. I have seen up to 5000 players on a Friday evening(cet time)

2. no idea what you mean

3. it is due in summer

4. there was some simple guide on the forums. use the search function

1. it depends on how you define a lot. there is also the question of public vs private/hidden mp servers. I have seen up to 5000 players on a Friday evening(cet time)

2. no idea what you mean

3. it is due in summer

4. there was some simple guide on the forums. use the search function

Thanks for the reply, For #2 I meant is there like game updates or anything like that? If so will it direct me to where I have to go to download them? Also is all the multiplayer AI or can it be PVP?

updates: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

MP can be vs AI, vs Human, or anything in between

Thanks for that, I should be playing by Tuesday if not Wednesday for sure, I have the game just waiting on my case to get here so I can build my PC. Any good servers you know of that you can direct me too?

Hello and welcome to the community!

Seems hard to download mods and add them in, any good websites I can check out to see how it is done?

Heres a small tutorial I put together on how to install a mod after you have downloaded it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1908141&postcount=2

Any questions just ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

So this is my first Arma game, I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer them,

1. A lot of people still play the game multiplayer wise?

2. When I put in the game to download it, what should be the first thing I do?

3. Did Arma2 PR ever happen? Can't find it on the net :confused:

4. Seems hard to download mods and add them in, any good websites I can check out to see how it is done?

Thanks in advance

Welcome, this is a great community just ask but use the search first not like me lol because you will be yelled at. Just kidding people will help you out here.

On question 1.

Once you get used to the game and if you like it. Thats the time where you should be looking for a group, Clan or tournament that suit your gaming style. Its there you will find the most enjoyable multiplayer experience with like minded people.

You basically have everything from PvP to PvE and from hardcore realism to lightcore just for fun stuff and so on. There are also some groups that are heavy into some bigger mods like wwii or Vietnam.

Just naming a few of the ones with TS3 I like:

PvP: Charlie Foxtrot.

ACEmod: 506th

Div cool missions and stuff: Kellys Heros

Always seem to have members on: 7th Cav. (Even though their Ts can be a little Xbox like :) at times. No offense.)

Thanks for that, I should be playing by Tuesday if not Wednesday for sure, I have the game just waiting on my case to get here so I can build my PC. Any good servers you know of that you can direct me too?

These guys run a great server, very friendly :)

Cerberus 5 -C5-

When in the MP Gamespy server browser, click the 'filter' button and type: C5 into the first field and click ok.

Then join the 'Cerberus5' server... but do check out many of the other servers, see which one/s suit you.

These guys run a great server, very friendly :)

Cerberus 5 -C5-

When in the MP Gamespy server browser, click the 'filter' button and type: C5 into the first field and click ok.

Then join the 'Cerberus5' server... but do check out many of the other servers, see which one/s suit you.