Sign in to follow this  
gia251

Multiplayer BattlEye problem

it says: "battle eye initialization failed" and i re-downloaded the 2 files and still nothing will work

Did you try the auto installer yet?

BIKI: BE

s it auto install when u install the game. because it still didnt work, i even saw it install battleye

I have a question: Does BattlEye lower the performance of a dedicated server and cause connection issues?

I ask this since people object to use BE in order to contain hacking since they fear more severe performance problems. Are these objection justified?

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Ok, solution found. BE could mean a difference between 20 serverFPS by running it.

No performance impact here and no random kicks or whatever.

I've had this problem too. If I try to join a server that requires BE, it loads and what-not, but then just exits out to the server list, saying; 'BattlEye failed to initialize". I've tried uninstalling and installing BE multiple times, but it doesn't seem to do anything. When I right click on the ArmA 2 icon, it gives me the option to reinstall BE. But when I click that it begins to start up ArmA 2, but then cuts to an error message that says: "This game is currently unavailable, please try again later." Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

skringas did you use the BE installer or did you copy the dll yourself?

Which arma2 version do you have? Steam, DVD, etc?

I used to have a bit of trouble with BE. I was trying to use a beta at the time.

If i played without the beta i did not get kicked from the game with "battleye failed to initialise".

But i had to use the beta, cause at the time it was the "buffer underrun" error that i was faced with (long, boring story).

Anyway, i had to replace the files manually. It seemed to me like one would download the latest redist of BE then when you connect ingame it would update. This would NOT happen with the beta but would with the vanilla.

So i ran vanilla, updated, exited and copied the updated files to the directory which the beta pointed to. Then it worked.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110469&page=9

^^My post in there shows what directories iam referring to.

Hope this helps.

I tried pasting this (%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2, as shown on the wiki) into my start menu search bar, but it didn't come up with anything. So I'm not really sure how to find my rpt

I replaced the suggested back slashes with forward slashes, and there I found the rpt. I opened it with notepad, but it's massive, I'm a bit hesitant about pasting it here.

Edited by skringas