Sign in to follow this  
defwen

ArmA X: Anniversary Edition

ArmA: Cold War Assault? (I didn't know where else to discuss this at)

The link was at the bottom of this post: From Flashpoint to ArmA

Well spotted.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This game was originally sold and known as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance or Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year Edition*. Users of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Operation Flashpoint: GOTY are allowed to freely update to Arma: Cold War Assault as long as they agree with the end user license as in the manual and shown during the setup.

Deserves its own topic me thinks.

Well spotted.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This game was originally sold and known as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance or Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year Edition*. Users of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Operation Flashpoint: GOTY are allowed to freely update to Arma: Cold War Assault as long as they agree with the end user license as in the manual and shown during the setup.

Deserves its own topic me thinks.

I agree I just had no idea where to put it. I'll make one in the general topic. Here we go:

Thread in the BI General Forum

Edited by Jakerod

Well hello there! :yay:

I only got one question. Is it required to have CWC or ArmA: Armed Assault installed on the computer or is this standalone?

Doesn't matter, I'll see it when I got it downloaded.

It says update, so I'm going to assume I'll be reinstalling CWC. The name had me confused. ^^

Edited by colossus

NICE!

Just been looking for this!

Heh, my OFP CD's are somewhere in a closet, probably beaten up good (moved a lot of times), so getting those will be nice.

For me through the best is having Arma2, OA, BAF, PMC all rolled into a single package, this way I don't need to buy everything seperate (or even in 2 packs).

One question through, since it's the 24th and all....WHERE do I buy this?

Preorder is fine with me, but I need shipment in EU (Slovenija), so....

And no, I don't speak slovakian or czech, so if anyone spots this as release or pre-order with shipping, gimme a link pretty please.

I'll be buying these all again. I own 2 copies of ArmA II (German and English)

I own:

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (Disc)

Operation Flashpoint: Gold Upgrade (Disc)

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (Disc)

ArmA: Armed Assault (Combat Operations) (Disc)

ArmA: Queen's Gambit (Digital)

ArmA II (Digital x2)

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead (Digital)

ArmA II: British Armed Forces (Digital)

ArmA II: Private Military Company (Digital)

Soon:

ArmA X

ArmA III

Take on Helicopters

Carrier Command

I Love You Bohemia Interactive!

Arma X is releasing to digital distribution only at this time (ie 30th June) but we hope to release it to retail later this Summer in various countries as well.

Digital Distribution!

Nice, while yeah, having a hard-copy and a nice box is fine and all, I prefer digital copies, as I don't need to worry about DVD's getting scrached, lost or otherwise damaged :D

Thanks Bohemia, I was just pondering if I take CO or wait for X.

One more thing through, I hope BAF and PMC are without DRM on this one?

I know it sounds stupid, but I'm on the low-end as is, and can't really waste CPU cycles for DRM...

While im tempted to buy it i have to agree with Lee, in such cases i would always prefer to buy a retail copy especially if it is such a collection.

But Bis doesnt need to be sad as i bought all their PC products before in nice boxes... apart from the DLC that is.

EDIT

seems i didnt read Maruks statement completely... will buy the retail one later :)

Edited by Shadow NX

Arma X is releasing to digital distribution only at this time (ie 30th June) but we hope to release it to retail later this Summer in various countries as well.

No wonder I couldn't find it anywhere while desperately looking where to order it from. :)

Too bad it most likely won't come anywhere close to my region due to the need to cut prices

Hi all

Is this the original OFP cold war Crisis or has the campaign, missions, island and addons been put into the ArmA II engine?

Kind Regards walker

Original OFP under a new name. Of course not ported to ArmA2.

Hi all

Is this the original OFP cold war Crisis or has the campaign, missions, island and addons been put into the ArmA II engine?

Kind Regards walker

This is the old OFP, but renamed so that they can sell it. :yay: