Sign in to follow this  
defwen

ArmA X: Anniversary Edition

I wonder if OFP will work on newer operating systems of if you will have to have XP and not Vista/Windows 7.

My last computer was Vista and OFP worked great. I haven't installed it on this one yet though (Win7).

That's it?

I expected something else from 10th anniversary than a pack of games I already have

Well the real meal is cookin in the kitchen :p

My last computer was Vista and OFP worked great. I haven't installed it on this one yet though (Win7).

Really, thats awesome. I remember trying to install it when I first got Vista and it wouldn't work. I'll have to try it again now! :yay:

Yep, this is happening!

I wonder if it includes the Red Hammer campaign for Flashpoint CWC, though? It's missing from the list.

That was the last good thing conmasters did! I mean codemasters lol:eek:

I don´t think that Red hammer will make it into the box. I´m amazed that OFP is in there. CM and BIS must have some kind of agreement. But Guys, 10th anniversary and no collector goodies in the box? Seriously?

i guess this is that mystery game that was talked about by one of the news outlets. makes sense though

I wonder if OFP will work on newer operating systems of if you will have to have XP and not Vista/Windows 7.

I bought OFP on gog.com way back in the day, it runs great on Windows 7, and it looks awesome when I re-install the ECP or FFUR mods and tweak the visual settings for true widescreen.

Where's everybody getting the idea that there's no bonus content in the box? I imagine BIS is probably still keeping stuff close to their chest for now, they've got over 3 weeks till the 10th anniversary (Wow, has it really been that long? I bought OFP on release date back in the states. Might actually reinstall it now to play some Resistance).

I only wish BIS can officially copy all of the former games (Islands, missions, campaigns and unique addons) into ARMA2:CO for an Anniversary Edition rather than three engines and three series...

They forgot to include the Red Hammer expansion.

I only wish BIS can officially copy all of the former games (Islands, missions, campaigns and unique addons) into ARMA2:CO for an Anniversary Edition rather than three engines and three series...

No chance, that would be a waste of time.

That looks really good. Too bad I already have all the games(well, apart from Queen's Gambit, but that one sucked anyway) and no extra 50€ to spend.

ArmA X = C&C: The First Decade, except that everything your buying is top quality & worth paying for with X, compared to a quarter of what your buying with TFD.

:D

The dark, simplistic box art is exactly what I would have wanted for Arma2. Hopefully they will do something similar for Arma3, instead of the usual "generic angry soldier glaring at/past the camera" theme. :)

Btw. do we think this is the "new expansion" that was accidentally hinted at by one of those online mags? Or do they perhaps have something more in the pipeline? After all, we still don't know what Arma2free.exe is...

The dark, simplistic box art is exactly what I would have wanted for Arma2. Hopefully they will do something similar for Arma3, instead of the usual "generic angry soldier glaring at/past the camera" theme.

I agree, maybe some war scene (not soldiers being angry) and dark grey tinted very low opacity onto metal/black texture on the box with the Arma3 logo and nothing more, now that would be great.

They forgot to include the Red Hammer expansion.

I don't think they forgot. Red Hammer was developed solely by Codemasters. It doesn't make much sense that Codemasters gives the former developer of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis a profit on their own developed and published work, especially since this anniversary edition is published by someone else then Codemasters.

Either way, it seems like a wise choice to get a anniversay edition. I'm buying it. My GOTY version of OFP is pretty beat up, so this is most welcomed. :)

Where does it say that it doesn't have the Red Hammer campaign? It's 50:50 that they just didn't bother to mention the Gold Upgrade that wasn't really a game nor expansion.

That would be nice to have, i'll see if i have some money to spend.

(Yes BI, i am basically throwing money at you now. :( )

That would be nice to have, i'll see if i have some money to spend.

(Yes BI, i am basically throwing money at you now. :( )

Yes I will also be throwing money at them because they throw support and beta patches at the community . . . . :D

cj

Yes I will also be throwing money at them because they throw support and beta patches at the community . . . . :D

cj

They also throw relatively buggy games at the community, so one could argue that it evens out. :p

(And yeah i know the whole 'big game, small company' stuff, but still)

They also throw relatively buggy games at the community, so one could argue that it evens out. :p

(And yeah i know the whole 'big game, small company' stuff, but still)

I would argue the number of games released with bugs is at a ridiculous level atm but I am constantly amazed at BI's ongoing support of thier titles while other developers don't just walk away from supporting their titles but run.

Just been talking about this with a friend, both of us are very excited but just realised something.

If Codemasters own the rights to the name and voices in the game (Hence why the ArmA2 remake of CWC has it's poll, right?) Does this mean the version we'll be getting on this disk is Flashpoint: Elite? The same one that was on the original Xbox? The one where they made enemies much easier to see (Russians wear bright white vests!) and re dubbed all the voices?

It has the typical standard and quality of voice acting me all know and 'love' (Love you guys really!) from BI but I've recently been playing it again, and WOW it's easy. Either A2\ACE\ACRE has turned me into some elite killing machine, or the game is drastically easier.

BI: Are we going to be getting the good old original O:FP in all it's glory, or the simplified, if equally enjoyable Elite?