Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

I was running again this weekend

I was running again this weekend. It was my normal round of 10 kilometers around my hometown, which I do 2-3 times the week if I have the time to. The weather was fine, even if it was a little to hot (26° Celsius). After 5,5 km I saw a couple of older people driving on their bicycles towards me. They crossed a road and then drove the way I run, just before me. At this point the way climbs up a few hills and so I stayed right behind them. I followed them for about one kilometer, max 50 meters behind them, until they made a rest on a bench, where I continued my running home. The old lady was totally surprised, when she saw me that moment: "Wow!! That man is good!!"

I looove something like that!!  biggrin.gif

But what I don`t like that much when running are my encounters with huge stupid dogs trying to eat me...

... but that`s another story.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But what I don`t like that much when running are my encounters with huge stupid dogs trying to eat me...<span id='postcolor'>

It could be worse.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our dogs are waaaaaay bigger  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well bring your CZ-75 it will help.... I would at least.

We`re not allowed to carry guns in the public here in Germany sad.gif

And shooting them would result in crying dog owners, so I prefer being faster than the dogs tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our dogs are waaaaaay bigger  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They come in different sizes.

Medium

Xtra large

you should try shouting thousands of words of meaningless spam at them to turn them away.

I recently went on a run with my beagle, to an area where rabbits are known to live. This dog, is like the most gentle dog you could ever find, you cannot get him to bite you, even if you get him really pissed off. So anyway, he loves chasing around the rabbits, and then i suddenyl hear him stop baying, just after he ran into the bush. He comes trotting out, with a still-live rabbit in his mouth, which i subsequently had to kill.

Freakin beagles.

Avon: You have convinced me tounge.gif

LordZach: Shouting spam?! I`d better hit them with my keyboard!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon: You have convinced me  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Even if they don't eat you, you can still get run over by one! wow.gif

Terrible thought...

Avon, do you have a small landshark in case your children are nasty? wink.gif

What I strongly dislike when running, are people that can`t hold their dogs. One time I was out in the landscape, maybe 800 meters from home, I came across a fat woman with two large dogs on a rope. They were very big, kinda german sheppard, very wolflike. (I have no problem with animals in general, and normally I like dogs very much, even if I prefer cats. My favourite dog is a huskey. But the problem when running with dogs is that the dogs see you either as threat to them/their keeper or as fleeing victim, or they want to play with you, because you move faster than the normal human. ) I run, having an eye on the dogs, everything is fine. But after another 100 meters I hear a loud scream: „Schnuffy!!! Schnuffy!!“ Thinking what the hell, I turn around and see one of the dogs chasing directly towards me. I knew then that I could not run away from this dog, because he was faster than me and no tree was nearby. So I stood still and waited. His stupid owner was still screaming and was a big help... When the dog reached me, right before he jumped into me, I stepped to the side (Quakers call that strafing tounge.gif ) and made a 180 degree turn. Because of that the dog missed me and I still could face him. Now he was curious, because he missed me. After that he forgot obviously that he wanted to eat me and returned to his still screaming owner. And I continued running.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon, do you have a small landshark in case your children are nasty? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gifChild overboard! wow.gif

shhhht... I guess IRL she is from Antares IX and has 8 arms. With them she is online at five computers at once  wink.gif  tounge.gif

Hmm dogs when you run, yes....

I remember when I was on a leave in Kosovo and visited a friend at Camp Victoria (the Swedish base). In the morning we went for a little run outside the camp, when this little nasty dog starts chasing us. I don't know what type of dog it was, but something like a poodle. Anyway it had a terrifying bark and my friend and I decided that it wanted to eat us. So we ran and it followed us, barking loud as hell.

It must have been a hilarious sight, two soldiers in full combat gear running away from this tiny little dog.

After about 5 km of running away at full speed we decided that shooting it would perhaps be a good idea. When we stopped the dog stopped too and walked off in the opposite direction. The humiliation aside - the whole episode had a good effect - we improved our time significantly smile.gif

I like dogs, but not when they bark and want to eat you...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,16:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">shhhht... I guess IRL she is from Antares IX and has 8 arms. With them she is online at five computers at once  wink.gif  tounge.gif <span id='postcolor'>

Naw, I'm just a packet sniffing bot process running transparently on a DARPA transport server.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ May 21 2002,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I recently went on a run with my beagle, to an area where rabbits are known to live. This dog, is like the most gentle dog you could ever find, you cannot get him to bite you, even if you get him really pissed off. So anyway, he loves chasing around the rabbits, and then i suddenyl hear him stop baying, just after he ran into the bush. He comes trotting out, with a still-live rabbit in his mouth, which i subsequently had to kill.

Freakin beagles.<span id='postcolor'>

hehe..

my parents live on the country side and there's alot of rabbits in that area, so often my parents find young rabbits without heads, because their cats catch them and eat the heads biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,15:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">shhhht... I guess IRL she is from Antares IX and has 8 arms. With them she is online at five computers at once  wink.gif  tounge.gif <span id='postcolor'>

alien.jpg

? ? ? ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our dogs are waaaaaay bigger  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They come in different sizes.

Medium

Xtra large<span id='postcolor'>

Guns too...

Small:

AR-15%20M-16%20Americas%20Assault%20Rifle.jpg

Xtra Large:

railgun.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,14:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Terrible thought...

Avon, do you have a small landshark in case your children are nasty? wink.gif

What I strongly dislike when running, are people that can`t hold their dogs. One time I was out in the landscape, maybe 800 meters from home, I came across a fat woman with two large dogs on a rope. They were very big, kinda german sheppard, very wolflike. (I have no problem with animals in general, and normally I like dogs very much, even if I prefer cats. My favourite dog is a huskey. But the problem when running with dogs is that the dogs see you either as threat to them/their keeper or as fleeing victim, or they want to play with you, because you move faster than the normal human. ) I run, having an eye on the dogs, everything is fine. But after another 100 meters I hear a loud scream: „Schnuffy!!! Schnuffy!!“ Thinking what the hell, I turn around and see one of the dogs chasing directly towards me. I knew then that I could not run away from this dog, because he was faster than me and no tree was nearby. So I stood still and waited. His stupid owner was still screaming and was a big help... When the dog reached me, right before he jumped into me, I stepped to the side (Quakers call that strafing tounge.gif  ) and made a 180 degree turn. Because of that the dog missed me and I still could face him. Now he was curious, because he missed me. After that he forgot obviously that he wanted to eat me and returned to his still screaming owner. And I continued running.<span id='postcolor'>

Well get a tank then... You're gonna need your pistol, use it and call it self defense...

You got less laws against guns then it's over here.

Only Hunters can have a rifle!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sweeper @ May 22 2002,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guns too...<span id='postcolor'>

You're all washed up, kid!

400_monxl_gfx.gif