Sign in to follow this  
fasterthanlight

MP or DS script for loadout by UID

I have heard of a script that will allow user maintained saved loadouts for each session on a domination map.

Has anyone heard of seen of a script like this?

there is the script in my sig, and someone was working on something similar just in addon form.

I have seen though on many Domination maps that you get option to save loadout in ammobox when playing, but thats in almost all the dominations so im guessing its not what you wanted, else you would have found it already?

The default save weapons in Domination works, but only if you don't disconnect. I really like the script you have made. It seems like it will work even if you disconnect and come back.

This might be a good solution for us.

Thanks Demonized.

How about this....?

How exactly can you swap the ACRE 343 radio for another without editing the init of each soldier? There must be a place where ACRE auto assigns it to each soldier that can be edited to another radio.

Edited by fasterthanlight

The default save weapons in Domination works, but only if you don't disconnect. I really like the script you have made. It seems like it will work even if you disconnect and come back.

yes, my script relies on your personal UID to identify you so you can come and go from the server as you please and have it at the ready every time.

How exactly can you swap the ACRE 343 radio for another without editing the init of each soldier? There must be a place where ACRE auto assigns it to each soldier that can be edited to another radio.

i think ACRE just replaced the original radio with the 343 if thats the default small one, you could place this in the init of a unit to just replace the radio:

_null = this spawn {
if ("ACRE_PRC343" in (weapons _this)) then {
	_this removeWeapon "ACRE_PRC343";
	_this addWeapon "ACRE_PRC119";
};
};

Is there a way for ACRE to do this for all players at once? It seems as though the radio is added to any soldier model that is added to the server by default.

sorry for late reply, got lost in the stream.

I dont know about modifying ACRE, there is maybe a way, better ask in the ACRE thread for that.

But a scripted solution here:

place this in init.sqf or maybe better in a trigger at mission start with 1 sec delay.

{
if ("ACRE_PRC343" in (weapons _x)) then {
	_x removeWeapon "ACRE_PRC343";
	_x addWeapon "ACRE_PRC119";
};
} foreach playableUnits;

now every player unit with that radio gets it replaced at mission start.