Sign in to follow this  
tom3kb

[SP] RACS_SP_Mission_Pack

Hi, I made Single player Mission pack for Project RACS.

This pack is my first public release for Arma 2. :)

[ RACS_SP_Mission_Pack_1_by_tom3kb_v1 ]

You all can download this pack from here:

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/48e2d4e80ee89f0c205d6b1

Armaholic mirror:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14369

Requirements:

ArmA2 Combined Operations v1.59

[ Arma 2 v1.09 and Operation Arrowhead v1.59 ]

Addons needed:

Project RACS Mod [15 addons archive]

Project RACS Troops

Project RACS C-130

Project RACS Etendard

Project RACS F-15

Project RACS Mirage 3

Project RACS Objects

Project RACS Wheeled

Project RACS Static

Project RACS A-4

Project RACS Tracked

Project RACS Trucks

Project RACS Heli

Project RACS F-16

Project RACS A-heli

Project RACS Weapons

Installation: put RACS_SP_Mission_Pack_1_by_tom3kb_v1 folder in your:

Arma 2\Missions folder.

Little info about this pack.

-9 single player mission pack

-all miisons have short intro, and briefings,

-briefings are short :(

-mission language english, but i dont speak or write to good in this language. So i can make mistakes in briefings :)

-you play as: soldier, plane\helicopter pilot,tank commander, sf operator etc,

-in all missions you probably can find some small bugs, but im tested all missions and you can finnish all missions with no problems,

-missions are rather basic: kill officer, destroy convoy, destroy aa battery and something like this.

-no voice acting

Any and all constructive feedback is more then welcome.

For now this mission pack version is final, but if you will find some serious bugs then i try to fix them.

All mirrors are appriciated :)

tom3kb

Edited by tom3kb

I've played 3 so far, a lot of fun, thanks.

One bug, each opening cutscene ends with this error:

Error Undefined variable in expression: camdestroy_camera

Probably just forgot to put a space in there before _camera.

Also, I cannot play the Cobra mission "Gunship". During the blurry fade in, the helicopter is apparently airborne already, and it always crashes into trees before I can see anything.

I think the short briefings are fine. These are quick fun missions, reminds me of CWC Classics by W0lle, but for RACS ;)

@AZCoder

Thanks for feedback.

1. Cutscene error, but you dont have intro crash its only show that error?

2. Cobra and f16 mission. Yes you start in air. TIP: maybe pull up a little wenn that blurry fade in starts or dont tuch cursors to its ends. I will check this.

Ps: crimsontide make a remake of W0lle Cold War Crisis Classics for RACS.

Thanks for making this :bounce3:

@wld427

Thanks, you made great mod. Wenn i lunch your mod first time i was thinking wow :) great mod and then i think to myself maybe i will make a mission for fun and test the units and 3 days later i have 9 simple missions to play. :)

@Kommiekat

RACS=Royale Army Corps Sahrani

What does RACS mean anyways? Sorry for my ignorance.

The RACS was a faction from Arma1. BIS left them woefully under equipped. Myself and my old buddy FA Dalai Lamar decided to make a little mod so they wouldnt suck so bad. Its amazing how its grown and developed over the years.

@tom3kb

1: just the error, it's relatively benign

2: I use analog controllers which I think makes it extra tricky; I would recommend starting it over a clearing, maybe a quicker fade in also?

Thanks again for putting this all together!

@AZCoder

Ok, yesterday i play all missions and the cobra mission few times ~15 times, and wenn this missions starts that cobra is allways hanging in the air and not move and its never crashed so maybe its problem with that analog controller i dont know, and the fade in its bis info text im not sure i can make it qiucker. I have no problem with that fade in in this mission, maybe restart will help.

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

That error in cutscens its nothing big all cutscens work ok no crashes so i will wait for more bugs to show up and then i start to make v1.1.

AZCoder thanks for feedback im glad that you like this mission pack.

Yeah, all the camdestroy does is destroy the cam :) But that happens anyway when the mission starts, so no harm there.

If you have your controls "wired up" for digital (in control settings), flying behaves quite differently, and hovering vehicles will stay put. Much too easy :) I use a Saitek X52 and it's "wired" to analog, so it's not going to maintain altitude.

For shortening the fade in, this is what you have now in your init.sqf:

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 7;
titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5];

The ppEffectCommit is seconds of blur, so you could drop it to maybe 4 seconds. And maybe 2 on the titleCut. And put the helo over a clearing and setPosATL to give it a higher starting altitude, like maybe (just guessing):

this setPosATL[(position this select 0),(position this select 1),(position this select 2)+150];

I would also shorten the fade in time on the Falcon mission. I was a bit surprised to see that I was flying at high speed toward a mountain, but happily I avoided it and beat the mission in one try :D

These are just my opinions and suggestions, hoping it helps in some way.

The war eagle mission was great fun, difficult, but I beat it on the first try :)

@AZCoder

thanks for all suggestion and opinions,

I always check few times where i put flying plane/helicopter so wenn mission starts you dont crash on ground even with that fade in, maybe if you dont have luck in 1 of 10 case you will crash :(

Ps: I like plane missions in arma but they always so short :) planes are so fast, few minutes and missions end.

About Falcon i like to surprising :)

@Kommiekat

RACS=Royale Army Corps Sahrani

The RACS was a faction from Arma1.

OK, thanks. Enjoying the missions so far!

Guys i have question on my hdd i have 22 missions for arma2 co and ~10 campaigns with cutscens [1 campaign with zombies :) ] but all texts and briefings in that missions are in polish language, you have markers so you will know where to go or who to kill but probably you will not know/understand the story. What du you think should i realese them for community or let them die on me hdd :)

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Ps: missions and campaigns are 1 or 2 years old i made them after Arma 2 was realesed and missions for OA are 1 year old. I will not make english versions for that missions i dont know english language so good, so probably all missions will be downloaded only few times from guys from Poland. So what should i du what du you think make them public or not?

If you think they're fun to play, why not? I do remember a Russian mission, or maybe it was a campaign, that had no English. Honestly I did give up after awhile, I wasn't sure what to do for some tasks. But don't let that discourage you, please release whatever you think is appropriate.

So what should i du what du you think make them public or not?

It may be a lot of work to do, I don't really know but,.....if you could at the least put English for the Mission Tasks, that should be enough........

I don't really know but,.....if you could at the least put English for the Mission Tasks, that should be enough........

@Kommiekat

For now it seems like a good idea, i will try this tomorrow morning. If everything will by ok and If this method will be good, and fast i could release 1 campaign tomorrow for test and feedback. If not i think i will give myself rest with this idea of releasing my old campaigns. But thanks for your ideas AZCoder and Kommiekat. :)

Sorry guys, the translation is going very slowly and reluctantly. So there will be no English version of my old campaigns. I dont speask English to good, and therefore the translation is going very very slow :( . Maybe in the future i will make new missions and campaigns and then english version will be done right away, because then everything goes faster.

Send me the stringtables.

I'll use google translator and from there I'll try to guess the best responses.

I've helped Mr. Bardosy twice before........

@Kommiekat

I use a google translator to but it still takes too long. I probably give up with the translation. if you want to check and see how the first few of my [simple] missions and campaigns looks like you can download them from here:

http://www.forum.armacenter.pl/viewtopic.php?p=146144#146144 check the links on this site

You can find ther 2 missions pack with 22 missions for arma 2 co, and 3 campaigns.

1. Razor team you need Podagorsk island v1.0 or better v1.1 to play.

2. Biohazard its campaign with zombies you need The Undead mod v0.84 made by Charon.

3. Battlefield takistan you need only Arma 2 CO for playing.

All missions and campaigns are made with Arma 2 co v.1.52 [A2 v1.09 and OA 1.52] but i suggest too use Arma 2 patch v1.59 for playing.

all missions and campaigns versions are final i will not work with them any more.

Warning missions are in Polish but without Polish letters like {Ä…, Ä™} I used alternatively {a, e} because i dont know how to make STRINGTABLE file. For me its to much work. :)

Edited by tom3kb

@Kommiekat

I use a google translator to but it still takes too long. I probably give up with the translation. if you want to check and see how the first few of my [simple] missions and campaigns looks like you can download them from here:

http://www.forum.armacenter.pl/viewtopic.php?p=146144#146144 check the links on this site

You can find ther 2 missions pack with 22 missions for arma 2 co, and 3 campaigns.

1. Razor team you need Podagorsk island v1.0 or better v1.1 to play.

2. Biohazard its campaign with zombies you need The Undead mod v0.84 made by Charon.

3. Battlefield takistan you need only Arma 2 CO for playing.

All missions and campaigns are made with Arma 2 co v.1.52 [A2 v1.09 and OA 1.52] but i suggest too use Arma 2 patch v1.59 for playing.

all missions and campaigns versions are final i will not work with them any more.

Warning missions are in Polish but without Polish letters like {Ä…, Ä™} I used alternatively {a, e} because i dont know how to make STRINGTABLE file. For me its to much work. :)

Tell you what, if you can get a hold of Mr. Bardosy, he can crack these files for me, give me a basic English translation and I can clean it up after him.

Seriously, as embarrassing as it is, I have no idea how to open files.

Hi, i uploaded all my missions and campaigns on senspace.com, links you can find here in first post:

http://www.forum.armacenter.pl/viewtopic.php?p=146265#146265

You can find there: 3 missions packs=31 missions and 12 campaigns=77 missions

!!Warning!!

Missions are in Polish language. All missions and campaigns versions are final and i will not make any updates\bug fixes of them any more.

Edited by tom3kb