Sign in to follow this  
Drumheller

Do RPG Gunners seem AMAZINGLY accurate since the patch?

Since the patch RPG gunners seem to have close to 95% accuracy, even though I have my enemy accuracy in my profile at .2(that's 20%). This isn't just at close ranges: 50-200m. This is up to 400+ meters and it's extremely frustrating. I think I've even seen a few 800-1000m shots from the RPG gunners that were dead on accurate.

At first I thought it was an ACE bug, then I thought it was a ZEUS bug. But I have turned both ACE and ZEUS off and it's still happening.

This would be fine if I had enemy accuracy at 100% but I don't. Not even close.

Didn't you hear, Russia is deploying new infantry seeking 160mm explosives in their RPGs?

They have a range of 30miles.

I think thats mainly a game engine issue since BI decided that RPGs and the like do not need a ballistic profile and go straight for threefold the range the real weapon can even reach.

I see that as an aproach to model a future battlefield since contemprary RPGs can't reach more than 500m in theorie and 300 in practical.

Same goes for MAWWS...its 1500m straight line flight in game. Enjoy it as you can exploit this in MP having the firepower and range of an MBT in your pocket.

1 SMAW = 5-6 dead T-72 at 1200m range and because it flies superfast you can also engange Helicopters with it...betteer as Stinger that will miss anyway.

Welcome to ArmA IIs strange battlefield where rules are a bit different and having an SMAW is always better as having a M1A2.

Edited by Beagle

That are reasons I don't play vanilla with my team. Not to even mention SCARs...

Well as I said I have never seen the phenomenon until 1.59 patch. RPGs would normally miss from that far away but now they almost always hit. What gives?

Don´t worry, Mate. Grab the latest Beta Patch, and you´ve got an extra Gift..they won´t even fall to the Ground when you shoot them.:D

Use ACE for much more realism in everything or ballistics pbo from Zeus AI if you want to keep it as close to vanilla as possible.

Using mods is the only way to add realism to rocket launchers.

Just tried to see this last night. Had an m113 full speed coming towards a CDF RPG soldier and he missed both times.

its not the patch its the munition and how it was coded.

it was from the beginning in the game but the attack range was set up and Infantry stopt engaging infantry targets with HEAT ammo.

Maybe its get fix´t maybe we see a improvement in arma 3 :-(

So, does that mean there is no solution for this problem at all?

While even using ACE2 and Zeus, the AI RPG gunners are too accurate with it out to 500m.

I don´t mind them being accurate. The AI usually is very reluctant to use their launchers. Just now I had my AT gunner stand in front of an enemy BMP, draw his launcher, wait ten seconds while the BMP slowly rolled away from him (perfect rear shot), pack up his launcher and start running around aimlessly while the tank proceeded to gun down another squad down the road.

I´m happy if they use their launchers, no matter the distance.

OPFOR AI is always better than my AI.

OPFOR AI is always better than my AI.

that's in the difficulty settings.

skillFriendly=1;
skillEnemy=0.55000001;
precisionFriendly=1;
precisionEnemy=0.55000001;

So? There is something called avoiding getting hit with a rpg-learn to play.

that's in the difficulty settings.

I know I have them evened out, I was referring to an old quote. I think my problem comes from my processor.

So? There is something called avoiding getting hit with a rpg-learn to play.

:j: yeah guys, if there are any problems with the guns well you shouldn't be getting shot ever!!! Or maybe that was sarcasm but it's 2am and i really can't think straight.

I'd ignore him, I'm pretty sure if I had an "Islam sucks" avatar I'd get in trouble.

:j: yeah guys, if there are any problems with the guns well you shouldn't be getting shot ever!!! Or maybe that was sarcasm but it's 2am and i really can't think straight.

a RPG isnt a gun... I meant sending infantry to clear the area of potential anti tank threats you moron. TACTICS!

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

I'd ignore him, I'm pretty sure if I had an "Islam sucks" avatar I'd get in trouble.

But thats not what Zionism means.

Edited by doonbugie

a RPG isnt a gun... I meant sending infantry to clear the area of potential anti tank threats you moron. TACTICS!

Yes, because in every possible mission and scenario in ArmA 2 you are allocated infantry in the form of small toy soldiers you place on the ground and pour water onto. Within 3 minutes, these infantry are fully grown, equipped and ready to "clear the area of potential anti tank threats you moron."

Derp derpadee derp.

Yes, because in every possible mission and scenario in ArmA 2 you are allocated infantry in the form of small toy soldiers you place on the ground and pour water onto. Within 3 minutes, these infantry are fully grown, equipped and ready to "clear the area of potential anti tank threats you moron."

Derp derpadee derp.

Then it isnt realistic.

Then it isnt realistic.

Then maybe ArmA 2 ain't for you if you can not

handle the "unrealistic" AI. Edited by SASrecon

Then maybe ArmA 2 ain't for you if you can not
handle the "unrealistic" AI.

You can edit this stuff in the mission editor, send in a squad of infantry to clear AT threats and then move your armor in to challange their armor.

You can edit this stuff in the mission editor, send in a squad of infantry to clear AT threats and then move your armor in to challange their armor.
How about you provide the necessary example mission where you get this problem and post it in troubleshooting/devheaven instead of - Hai guaise AmrA 2 AI is so 1337 w/ rpg in last patch wut u think? kthxbai - in the General section.

How about you provide the necessary example mission where you get this problem and post it in troubleshooting/devheaven instead of - Hai guaise AmrA 2 AI is so 1337 w/ rpg in last patch wut u think? kthxbai - in the General section.

What? I don't have a problem Im suggesting tactics to OP. I have no clue what you're talking about as Im not OP.