Sign in to follow this  
Hellhound

Dumped to desktop, no crash

Hi there. i have a problem with Arma2 , after playing for a while i suddenly get dumped to the desktop while the game minimises and i can no longer get back into the game which is still running (clicking the icon on the taskbar does nothing and alt-tab also not working, I can still hear the game audio). It was introduced some months ago before the 1.59 final with a beta release. In the meantime i have used several new video drivers and Arma version (betas and final), but this behaviour is still there. Anyone have any idea what's going on ?

I can obviously not provide a crash report, because the game doesn't crash.

Running Win7 x64, 6GB ram , Geforce GTX285 270.61 drivers.

Do you use TeamSpeak?

Nope, but i just read on the forum that it's happening to more people and you have to esc. alt-enter, to get back into the game. I'll try that next time, but hope it will be resolved since it's pretty annoying and has been in the game for some time now.

Ok I just ask because I was having CTDs after the last TS update and it turned out to be one of TS plugins.

Mine does the same rarely, but hitting left Shift and Num pad - (minus) then type flush

It brings the game back up and keeps playing.

I also have W7 x64 & GTX285.

I think this is an nVidia problem, I have a similar card and the same issues. Your solution works though.

I have ATI 5870, and it's the same thing there. So it is not a Nvidia only problem.

Also happens without Teamspeak running.

Pushing escape button followed by alt+enter gets me right back into the game though.

Pushing escape button followed by alt+enter gets me right back into the game though.

nice...and quicker, gotta try that asap, I hope it's not ATI only.

By the time it may happen again to me, I'll probably forget. :o

Edit: Hellhound, can you confirm?

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

nice...and quicker, gotta try that asap, I hope it's not ATI only.

By the time it may happen again to me, I'll probably forget. :o

Edit: Hellhound, can you confirm?

Yes, i was able to get back into the game with esc. and alt-enter but i had to go the the video options menu to get the game fullscreen again (2nd alt-enter didnt work). But it beats having to exit the game.

Btw, the second post in this thread already mentioned this behaviour http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110823 . At that time it was also the first time it happened to me. Maybe it is somehow win7/DirectX related since about that time i switched from XPx64 to win7x64 and never had that problem in XP, but could also be a bug introduced at the time.