Sign in to follow this  
Trebor

ARMA 2:Reinforcements Audio and Gameplay slow.

Hello all, firstly appologies if i have put this in the wrong thread but i could not find a Help category etc.

I have recently brought ARMA 2:Reinforcements and have installed it to my PC. Somethings are ok but the menu (isn't too bad, i can live with it) gameplay and audio is horribly slow, when i pushed the forward button it took about 3 secs until the character moved. The graphics also seem abit messed up but i think i can sort that out.

I'm hoping this is an easy problem to fix but i just haven't got a clue what the problem could be. My pc is just a regular one but it seems to have atleast most of the requirments to play the game. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. This is the first ARMA game i've brought and from what i've seen from this and the others, it's a good one.

Edited by Trebor

The "help" section is the Troubleshooting section.

If you wish to get help in related to what is evidently a performance issue, please post your PC's specifications, i.e. your processor, your graphics card, your RAM, your operating system, etc., as well as the version of Arma 2 you are playing on.

Moving to Troubleshooting.

System Proporties

Windows 7 Ultimate

Processor: Intel ® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 1.00GB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

Device Manager

Display adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE

DVD/CD-ROM drives: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D ATA Device

I can see my pc doesn't quite meet some of the requirements now. I should have checked before i suppose but too be honest i thought it would be ok. This is kind of the reason i don't play pc games though, too much bs just to play a game. Probably just take the game back if i need to buy something for my pc to get it working right, just not worth it. Thanks anyway though.

Indeed, that PC is way too slow. Definitely check system requirements before purchases in the future, but keep in mind that that PC is so old that most modern games won't run very well on it. You'd be better off doing an upgrade.

By upgrade i take it you mean buy a new computer, not worth it just for a game. Oh well, atleast i can spend the money i get back for this on something else now. Thanks anyway.