Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

Attidude of many forum members regarding Arma 3

Sorry but...

The Arma 3 forum is full of threads and posts containing lamentations, grumbling and people decrying every single details of the (RECENTLY announced) game that do not conform with their wishes and imagination...

I wonder why people are so... "intelligent" and expect A3 to be the all-in-one game of their dreams, which surely has all of their own wishes and requests... Oh come on... :rolleyes:

And to go further: Suddenly every minor thing in Arma 2 is extremly bad, voice acting is bad, graphics are bad, AI is bad - but Arma 3 will be the god of games. Or at least you expect no less from the devs!

Almost hundreds of posts and threads saying:

"This time do this better!!!"

"Make that right in Arma 3!!"

"For the love of God, do XY / do not do XZ again!!!"

"Listen once to us, the community!!"

"We expect you to add YX this time!!!"

"Change the future setting to present or you might lose me as customer!!"

"[Add more bullshit here]"

This is so annoying - you guys seem to think that BI announced the game and you have to tell them how to make their game, to give them ideas and make them work because they are just sitting there and doing nothing. Suddenly all the experts rise again who know every small detail and crush down everything that is not the way they expect. And without their "expertise" nothing will roll forward...

To be honest I have never seen a community that is so cocky and rude... We have the best developer in the world, I have never heard about a dev that keeps in touch with and takes care so much of his fans as BI does. But it seems that this fact is being ripped off, the freedom is being abused.

So as many others already said, please, please:

GIVE IT A REST

and let them make their game! Be happy that some"thing" like Bohemia Interactive exists at all and that you're not doomed to play Call of Duty and similar games!

Btw. I'm not saying this to people who give suggestions or discuss normally! Suggestions are great and I really hope that BI takes them over into the game. It's just the wrong attitude of many here that I consider extremly out of place.

If I was one of the BI team this forum section would not be my favorit place. Just because among all the constructive contributions you always have to stumble upon the crap I mentioned above.

EDIT: I removed the last part of my post to prevent some smart ass trolling. :D

Edited by Undeceived

OMG BIS Y U MAKE UP CHOPPERS WTF IS A HAMOK

This entire section should probably be locked and only opened for discussion any time BIS release some new information.

Defunkt put it best:

I want to punch every second poster.

In my opinion, threads that contain ALL CAPS, multiple !!!!s or ????s or the words "for gods sake!" or similar in the title should be deleted on sight.

Moan moan moan.

I knew something like that would come! :D

I hope it was a joke? :o

Defunkt put it best:

In my opinion, threads that contain ALL CAPS, multiple !!!!s or ????s or the words "for gods sake!" or similar in the title should be deleted on sight.

Along with the user account creating it.

I am all for freedom of speech but it gets the piss taken out of it a little lot.

More like

If BIS dont do XYZ I will hire a sniper, and we will have unknown man is history all day rong!

:)

/me likes this thread.

BTW zombies pls or i kwit

outerra rox.

Seriously, clicking the new posts button in the last week is akin to punching myself in the face.

/me likes this thread.

BTW zombies pls or i kwit

outerra rox.

Seriously, clicking the new posts button in the last week is akin to punching myself in the face.

How does it feel reading my sig over and over and over and over and over again?

Still with me? ;)

Outerra rox BIS should use the magical make Arma 3 super sexy and optimized OpenGL button.

hai guyz i wud like 2 c MOAR CORRIDORS IN ARMA(4-1) for GOD"S SAKER!

becos it wuz unplay-abel on releeese last time 4 reals nd i cn't script

I agree, suggestive threads aren't so bad but demanding threads will just stir drama and most likely the devs won't bother to read it.

Edited by NodUnit

Oh you are no fun anymore, cameron! :P

Wise post, though obvious :)

From another standpoint this is all sign of positive overactivity and scrupulous attention to the game in spite of only recent announcement, which is good, it shows a lot of potential buyers (supporters of developer and game) and also feedback (good / bad), which is also important and could be encouraging for developers at some point.

Could be execpt when there is so much complaining about say the futuristic setting or god forbid, the commanche being used.

628734_L1.jpg

Fantastic! Aren't sequels brilliant? They're the same film but with a different number, like two or three. Even bad films are great, 'cause at least they try. In the future, all films will be brilliant. In fact, everything will be brilliant in the future, with cars on monorails, brilliant silvery costumes, food in pills and probably some special futurey can-opener.

Fantastic! And everything will be done by computers. Aren't computers brilliant? They can do anything! Except play football. They'd be no good in goal, but they do everything else, virtually. I'n't virtual reality brilliant? It's exactly like reality, only you wear a hat! I tried it with me brother's crash helmet and I fell down the stairs. Aren't hospitals brilliant?

And for A2.... the only bad thing were the ladders...

:)

I think, in short, what this is saying is ... "be constructive" as possible :)

From now on, no one say what they think can be improved! Smile and nod and pretend everything couldn't be better!

From another standpoint this is all sign of positive overactivity and scrupulous attention to the game in spite of only recent announcement, which is good, it shows a lot of potential buyers (supporters of developer and game) and also feedback (good / bad), which is also important and could be encouraging for developers at some point.

You are saying that now, but once A3 is released all them caps and ones are going to be spammed to shit in the chat box during MP games.

Now convince me it is a good thing.

Sorry but...

blah, blah, blah

And one more little thing:

Surely I also have my wishes for Arma 3 but there is only one thing I would expect from BI: A bug free campaign - that is all.

And yet you do it too... let them make the damn game first then you can all complain about your campaign.

how can anyone complain about anything so far? lol.. we have really no info to bitch over. These days I guess a sentence is enough for people to analyze like CIA code breakers and fight over in forums endlessly.

These days I guess a sentence is enough for people to analyze like CIA code breakers and fight over in forums endlessly.

Did you just call me a son of a bitch?

I concur with the OP.

Some people seem to have a large sense of entitlement, or generally think that BI doesn´t know wtf they´re doing. On top of that (though that, thankfully, has let off a bit) is the rivet counting, which isn´t helping either.

People trying to be genuinely helpful I don´t mind, but all this "I demand this" and "That is wrong, take it out." talk is a bit grating.

Have a read through the first few pages of the Arma 2 forum. It's quite funny that back then when OFP2 was confirmed as being in the late 60's people were complaining it wasn't modern (futuristic) enough.

:rolleyes: