Sign in to follow this  
Xantog

Need high resolution pic for my map!

Hi,

I am working on a 25x25km utha sector map and need a high resolution pic (4800x4800) from Google earth or elswhere!

Currently I have one but only in 1920x1080 from the standard version of google earth!

The position is:

North: 49°26'26.29"N East: 1° 7'20.66"W

South: 49°16'39.47"N West: 1°23'25.42"W

Rotation: 0.0000

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Xantog

Well..

high resolution for a map of that size would be 1 pixel/meter. So you should reconsider what size your map may have... 10240m or 20480m or so on. If you know what area you need just zoom in as far as want concerning the area and save overlapping pictures. Then you have to stich them together...

Hi Beton,

I'm about to put together multiple images to a larger one but it does not work properly! For some reason, the individual images do not fit together properly!

The "Sat_Loc" picture should have the size 10240x10240 later, because the "terrain" file is 1024x1024 large!

Thanks for reply!

if you are copying images from GE remember to go to tools/options and disable the 3d terrain.

Otherwise all images you get from Google Earth will be distorted and won't fit

Also, if you get images from 1.43 km height more or less you will get the 1 pixel 1 meter relationship.

if you are copying images from GE remember to go to tools/options and disable the 3d terrain.

Otherwise all images you get from Google Earth will be distorted and won't fit

Also, if you get images from 1.43 km height more or less you will get the 1 pixel 1 meter relationship.

Yeah, that was it and it works now!

Many thanks for the tipp!:)

if u want a satalite image high detailed i suggest to use

UNIVERSAL MAPS DOWNLOADER.

u can insert the coords of your map location and it downloads the complete map for u in small parts.

when u are done downloading u simply press the combine button and there u have your satalite map.

u can make it as big as your computer can handle only keep in mind that visitor wont import a hightmap bigger than 20480x20480 pixels,

and photoshop cant handle .bmp files bigger than 2gigs.

believe me the size could well exceed 2gigs (mine was 5gigs)so u will need a image converter to convert it to .png.

only u would have to register the application to get decent zoom levels

there are some keys wandering on the net but i suggest just buy the app

http://www.softonpc.com/umd/

if u want a satalite image high detailed i suggest to use

UNIVERSAL MAPS DOWNLOADER.

u can insert the coords of your map location and it downloads the complete map for u in small parts.

when u are done downloading u simply press the combine button and there u have your satalite map.

u can make it as big as your computer can handle only keep in mind that visitor wont import a hightmap bigger than 20480x20480 pixels,

and photoshop cant handle .bmp files bigger than 2gigs.

believe me the size could well exceed 2gigs (mine was 5gigs)so u will need a image converter to convert it to .png.

only u would have to register the application to get decent zoom levels

there are some keys wandering on the net but i suggest just buy the app

http://www.softonpc.com/umd/

Hi,

This program is certainly useful for other map maker, but I personally wanted to create in any case my map with programs that are available for free!

I used the procedure as declared above, is a bit more work, but works fine for me!

Nevertheless, thanks for the link!