Sign in to follow this  
Rak

Vehicles, how will they be improved?

That what I thing that physx is just for particle

I'm probably wrong but for me it's logic (Im an noob on physics engines)

skip to 45secs

_yGJPoTnK6c#t=00m45s

I'd prefer a parking brake over a clutch... You know to stop the car rolling backwards downhill :P

Changing gears.

:p

Yes i know ;), but i can't see how it could be useful ingame...

Yes i know ;), but i can't see how it could be useful ingame...

More fun to drive cars, at least i doubt that all those crappy civilian cars in ArmA2 are automatics. Hell, seeing as its in Europe, anyone driving an automatic should be laughed at and be called an old lady if the game wants to be realistic. :D

More fun to drive cars, at least i doubt that all those crappy civilian cars in ArmA2 are automatics. Hell, seeing as its in Europe, anyone driving an automatic should be laughed at and be called an old lady if the game wants to be realistic. :D

And see US soldiers stalling :D

And see US soldiers stalling :D

It's a fact that American cars can't turn, among being unable to do other things:

MPfxtJ8SQgk

:D

Would PhysX be able to give friction to various surfaces? Hopefully you wouldnt even need lockdown (On applicable vehicles) And then a fully working Aircraft carrier would be realised *aaah bleary eyed dreams*

It's a fact that American cars can't turn, among being unable to do other things:

:D

Having a sane exteriorization of accomplishment is one of those, specially since the latter was due to opponents demerit. :pill:

Edited by gammadust

No, you're right. Like all good physics engines, PhysX does not do collisions. We're doomed!

Thank god, I was waiting for a Big Rigs: OTRR remake. :cool:

all from vbs2:

if that is in arma 3 all is good. i mean we are talking about a game we

have already buyed :D isnt it so.

i am waiting and playing arma2oa/ace2/acre and PLING its 2012 :D

Wait, what. mirrors? That would be awesome. But I would also love to raise and lower my position in the seat. Like, why are there side windows in the trucks when you can't see out of them. Say ±10 cm up or down, ±16 cm sideways, and ±20 cm ahead or back - nothing extreme. I use the pitch head function a lot when piloting and driving in Arma2, but I miss the fidelity that flightsim offers.

Oh, great avatar pic ;)

Also, please make it so vehicles do not explode when you fire 2 bullets. 1 in one tire, 1 in another.

Try it!! Load up arma 2, shoot out 2 tires and the car will explode!

Also, please make it so vehicles do not explode when you fire 2 bullets. 1 in one tire, 1 in another.

Yes, that's the problem of the distribution of dammages over the whole vehicle. You can destroy a vehicle by only shooting at a small part of it, which is not realistic, for a vehicle at least. I hope this system will be revamped.

Wasn't be fix with arrowhead this thing?

Also, infinite speed in reverse, with instant stop!

Nothing's wrong with breaking a couple of fundamental laws of physics. I mean, the game's obviously set in a future where the laws of physics are in turmoil and humans have evolved to have a third arm. :yay:

Maybe they could make the system differ between the attitudes from which an air vehicle crashes. It is a bit exaggerated when helicopters just explode to thousand pieces when falling from 10 meters.

Please can we get a wind component for the aircraft.

As a real life helo pilot, this is one of the challenges I sorely miss in game.

An autorotation downwind is very different to an auto into wind.

Also getting in and out of LZ's with a crosswind will also raise the realism level that BIS's ARMA is synonymous with.

Also it should have options to be variable (i.e. wind direction and velocity) or to set it as a constant.

This would also attract many "new" prospective players who traditionally look for more than just a flight sim.

There are many flight "simmers" who want to be operational and not just fly around aimlessly like in FSX.

For me and I'm sure for many other RL pilots, we fly around in the day in RL but never get to experience military operations so this would be really cool for us.

Please can the aircraft also have an option for wind speed in knots and altitude in feet above both terrain and sea level.

Currently I suspect this is currently in kilometres per hour and meters for height in ARMA 2.

Lastly, some of the runway headings in ARMA2 are not correct and are swapped around.

Just some thoughts.

Edited by Saint7

One thing that'd be really cool would be a Joint Ops-ish type of vehicle interaction. Instead of choosing an action and performing an animation when trying to get into a bigger vehicle, such as a transport chopper, you'd have to get into the chopper and choose the action while standing in front of the pilot's seat.

Yes a lot of those points sound great. I for one would find it nice to see proper hands on steering wheel animations. I know its been discussed a lot over the years, and I'm hoping this will be the game to implement it. Not a necessity, but it would be very nice.