Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Ghost Recon: Online

I haven't seen Tom Clancy's name on a quality title since the early 2000s. Then again, you can only get so much mileage out of something good before it turns to shit.

Then again, you can only get so much mileage out of something good before it turns to shit.
May have to put this in my sig :)

EDIT .. its in the sig ... quoted due to a the fact this can apply to so much in life.

Edited by mrcash2009

This is such a nice game to play in online, you can play this game in many different site, in this game there are 20 million customised weapons are create to play this game, which are so powerful.

Is this before or after you turn invisible and beat someone to death with a riot shield?

Is this before or after you turn invisible and beat someone to death with a riot shield?

Don't feed the spam bots... ;)

game look cool, but arent the ghosts stealt teams doing stealthy stuff in a somewhat stealthy manner..?

slapping known titles on new games sucks in this time of age, it should be calleed COD ghosts, and it will probably be a good game non the less, as long as you erase ghost recon from your mind.

Well if you don't think I can turn invisible you should see me walk into a bar full of women.

Not related to Ghost Recon Online,but if anyone expected GR4 Ninja Soldier to hit our pcs apparently it was cancelled.

Lately when Ubisoft doesn't slap anal DRM on their pc games they cancel games.

Reason??Because in the vision of these peasants we are filthy pirates,more specific 95% of us:

“When we started Ghost Recon Online we were thinking about Ghost Recon: Future Solider; having something ported in the classical way without any deep development, because we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game. So we said okay, we have to change our mind."

Full story here http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ghost-recon-future-soldier-wont-be-coming-to-the-pc/

Now I understand they're frustrated because they can't make fortunes on pc with the crap they put out for consoles(not to mention we receive half-assed ports 6 months later and with shitty DRM),but now they're acting like pricks too.

I don't feel bad that I've bought Splinter Cell,Raven Shield,Far Cry,Silent Hunter 3&4 and others and I really wanted to buy Anno 2070 next week,but I doubt I'll touch anything with UBI logo while these idiots are thinking they do us a favor by porting their crap and call us pirates.

I think it's justification. When their game doesn't sell to PC users, they assume that we're still all playing it, but that we're stealing it. Truth is, it's just not selling because it's a mediocre game. There's no way they can get numbers as to how many people pirate their game. It's a number pulled out of the air to justify a decision without acknowledging any real world reasons.

Splinter Cell died with Double Agent

Ghost Recon died with Predator/Future Soldier

Rainbow Six died with Vegas 2

UbiShit is the new EA Games. :(

Remove 2 from Vegas 2 and it will be more like truth.

Also there's only one good Ghost Recon (well and its expansions)

I think it's justification. When their game doesn't sell to PC users, they assume that we're still all playing it, but that we're stealing it. Truth is, it's just not selling because it's a mediocre game. There's no way they can get numbers as to how many people pirate their game. It's a number pulled out of the air to justify a decision without acknowledging any real world reasons.

Every developer/publisher who complains about piracy as a reason to further make customer's experience worse does that exactly because of the need to justify that.

Besides recently there was some article saying that since Ubisoft started using their always-online DRM their PC sales went down by 90%.

Obviously that means that those were pirated.

Edited by metalcraze

Besides recently there was some article saying that since Ubisoft started using their always-online DRM their PC sales went down by 90%.

Obviously that means that those were pirated.

Self-fulfilling prophesy or what? :D

Yeah UBIsoft's view of piracy, games sales and PC users is certainly very weird. You'd have thought they look at other PC developers (such as BIS or CD Projekt RED or Valve etc) and have thought "how come they are doing fine on PC?"

Anyway, a UBI Developer for "I am Alive" has, a frankly astonishing statement for PC gamers:

“it’s not worth itâ€

Not that we didn't already know UBI weren't the biggest fans of out platform but still, bit of a PR cock up to tell PC gamers we aren't worth their time. They blame it all on piracy and yet they seem to miss the piracy on consoles...

...bit of a PR cock up to tell PC gamers we aren't worth their time.

Nah, I think they did the right thing. I truly appreciate their honesty. Now, I will just be telling them with my wallet that they aren't worth my dollars.

Abs

Self-fulfilling prophesy or what? :D

Here it's btw:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-30-how-bad-is-pc-piracy-really-article

"Ubisoft told me that their PC game sales are down 90 per cent without a corresponding lift in console sales."

Michael Pachter, analyst, Wedbush Morgan

But Ubisoft uses always-online-DRM for years - what can possibly go wrong?

Basically they wanted so bad to erase piracy,but all they managed was to erase 90% of their pc sales.:annoy:

And when you think these guys had lots of good IPs under their own umbrella,now they have hmm....Assassins Creed?!

Many companies went multiplatform,but Ubi butchered everything they had.The retard in charge there sure must be proud.

Ubisoft's problem is that they're only dealing with 2 types of ppl now:

a.) normal customers who got knocked over the head by the DRM and stay away now

b.) crackers who crack new titles to proof something

Another problem they're working on (or better: making worse) is that online-pass for consoleros who buy 2nd hand games.

All in all, pretty good job Ubisoft. You can thank us later for showing you how its done.

Ubi screws EVERYTHING they touch. Couldn´t care less. (except by the fact that they have the rights for the Tom Clancy stuff and bought Massive Entertainment. Those f***ers)

Not true, the latest Settlers needs more IQ than the one before.

got to remember a lot of companies don't release demos anymore for PC, and sicne people don't trust the companies, they torrent the game so they can try it, and then make their mind up. Maybe the game companies should actually make something decent so people will trust them, might help them out a bit.

Also, Ea seems to ruin everything they get their hands on too. BF3 with the origin hack and of course the C & C 4 crap.

I pirated their Far Cry 2, then promptly purchased it. No regrets.

The piracy thing is usually used when they fuck up things,no matter the company.

Somehow they live in other reality because I could swear that having no demos like [EVO] Dan said coupled with delaying the pc version and inserting draconian DRM sure doesn't bring a lot of cash for them.Apparently they think this is the right way.

This doesn't mean I agree with pirates and their pathethic excuses of why they do it,but this whole "we don't release on pc because of piracy" it's the most retarded excuse I ever heard.

Stardock,Egosoft,Valve,CD Projekt,Bethesda,Paradox,Creative Assembly,BI,Eidos,GSC and others sure don't bitch around so much and most of the games from those companies are single player so no MMO excuses, wonder why maybe because they actually give a shit about their games.

Also I don't understand why they don't contact BI about FADE,that is the best protection in my opinion.

By this point I really wish UBI just go console exclusive and spare us this melodrama shit,true I would miss Anno series but it's not like the world will end.

Why oh why did those hacker hack steam instead of UBIsucks and delete all their source code?

Wait , may be it is UBI who are behind the steam attack because they envy steam being so successful?

..BI..

http://www.destructoid.com/bohemia-interactive-claims-100-pirates-for-every-3-buyers-216112.phtml

...though i'm quite irritated by the "this is what happens when the fans don't support the developers" kind of comments. I think i speak for many when i say most of us will buy everything BIS makes.

edit: Far less opinionated article with full transcript

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/17/interview-bohemia-interactives-ceo-on-fighting-piracy-creative-drm/

Well, all you have to do is to set up a public server, count the number of people getting kicked out of the server due to ID problem, take away ID that are duplicated because of game crash, then you might have an idea that how many people doing this kind of stuff.

The buttom line is, piracy does not occure only in PC market, console have the same problem with almost the same figure, which basicly render UBIsucks ballocks rather stupid. Not to mention handheld device figures.:p

http://www.destructoid.com/bohemia-interactive-claims-100-pirates-for-every-3-buyers-216112.phtml

...though i'm quite irritated by the "this is what happens when the fans don't support the developers" kind of comments. I think i speak for many when i say most of us will buy everything BIS makes.

edit: Far less opinionated article with full transcript

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/17/interview-bohemia-interactives-ceo-on-fighting-piracy-creative-drm/

BIS were using DEGRADE since always. I don't see why some versions of the article sound like a massive panic