Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

VB-Edit

This belongs in VBS2 topic... but, damn... I just lost all morale using V3/Oxygen for the rest of the evening :)

Use 3DE. Mapfact released it for a1.

Use 3DE. Mapfact released it for a1.

Never knew that, but it´s the same gui and prbly anything else too.

PS: Second video from eurosimtec shows a face i´ve last seen on pics from mapfact editor workshops .. and the next video has CoC CEX console in all it´s glory - seems MapCoC are having the best jobs in the world now :D

Terrain editing was not part of 3DE. It is not (really) possible in a1 up to OA anyway.

@ZeroG: You got a good point there: "improved development tools as DLC would be also thinkable".

Cheers!

Thanks! 10 votes up to now...lets see :bounce3:

EUROSIMTEC answered, unluckily, they dont have info on price and compatibility yet to be released to customers, but will inform me on any news.

So, I'll keep u guys informed :)

That tool would just spam the forums with great maps and the game would never grow old. Damn you BIS, make it happen. :)

As I still think people have false hopes in Visitor 4,

but should rather come together and help develop a community made tool instead.

Here is more inspiration from VB-Edit: http://products.bisimulations.com/vb-edit

You can find there tutorial videos, more information, a manual and

also there are some additional videos in their YT channel for VB-Edit:

The RTE by i0n0s would be a good base to start with to develop a tool like 3DE/VB-Edit for ingame object placement.

With Homer Johnston's Road Painter, World tools by shezan74 and mikero's DePbo suite,

there are already great pieces to the puzzle.

The callExtension API by BI and Arma2Net by Scott open up a lot new possibilities and make such endeavors (a lot) easier.

If you want to contribute, please join us in the tools and terrain skype group chats.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

yes, and i remember WRP Tool , i made some maps for OFP

now i simply cannot use this sh*** Visitor, when i try to place road.. i am giving up

in WRP Tool i remember making islands was easy (for addonmaker)

Yeh, but even with the WRP Tool the "keepers" kept the final improved versions to themselves and refused to release .....

Visitor4 ppppllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz !

I'm not absolutely sure if the trial version for this has "gone public" yet - probably soon-ish though I would reckon...

You can "request" a trial version (& a price quote!) HERE...

Bear in mind, of course, that it's squarely aimed at the VBS2 1.6xx market right now - you'll need VBS2 just to run it...

B

If this works, I'm willing to spend a substantial $ for it, provided that it supports A2 and upcoming A3 format.

Why? Because time is money for me...

If this works, I'm willing to spend a substantial $ for it, provided that it supports A2 and upcoming A3 format.

Why? Because time is money for me...

timef49d692690930.jpg

That does look pretty nice though. I wouldn't mind a version for ArmA 2. Not expecting that though.

a seamless wall...????

nah! that's not posible it's a fake video hahaha

You'll spend an substantial amount of time on just learning how to use VB-Edit. It's become an insanely complicated tool to use.

Needless to say there are comepletely other ways of approaching terrain making, such as Blender or just-txt-file creating tools that supply random generated importable data. (Forests & towns, so much like World Tools).

Yeah, the price is also a massive turn-off.

Someone would rather spend that money on ~183 Czech "work women" =)

Err... MCPXXL, where do you think I got the price? ;)

BIS should send you a copy for free. :)