Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

Voice Acting???

1. Will the radio commands (ENEMY MAN, 10 O'CLOCK, 50 METERS) be upgraded to sound less like a robot?

2. Will there be any new voice actors or will we still have good old voices from the arma games

I pray we won't have 11 year old wise cracking helicopter pilots this time around..

I pray we won't have 11 year old wise cracking helicopter pilots this time around..

this... is spertah! :rolleyes:

Anyway, if BI needs some voices, I will gladly fly over record every possible command/announcement/call-out/etc each as one fluid sentence. I don't care if it takes a week, I'd do it for free.

Edited by DerKonig
Spelling error

I think most people in the arma community would do the voice acting for free... :D

BIS just needs to fly over a bunch of loyal fans for some early play testing and to lend them their voices im sure they would sound a hell of alot better than the kid in the first scenario in Arma 2.

*shudders*

Also please make them sound alittle professional and not all inmature and all.

this... is spertah! :rolleyes:

You too huh.

Just no deep throated burly min voices please, oh and less attitudes like the guy who drove the abrams in A2.."what's he sayin? Speak english"..he is! *head meets desk*

Voices need a little more emotion than OA but a little less schizophrenic than ArmA II.

I think it should be like Alec Guinness in Kind Hearts and Coronets: the 'Queen's Gambit' / 'Cooper' / 'Reynolds' guy voices every single character.

It would really show off the breadth of his superb voice talent, and would break the fourth wall in an ingenious fashion, providing a subtle but profound commentary on the nature of videogames as mere simulacra of life.

On the other hand, Bis could try spending more than £50 and actually get some professional voice actors this time.

OFP has even more robotic sounding voices... but ArmA series were like a step down from that.

I mean OFP's dirty, distorted, heavy voices became almost a memetic trademark of the game. That stuff was campy but unique and I like them.

I would bet cash money on Miller being voiced by the guy who does Frost/Poet and Drake.

Less robotic is a good tag. Especially between fights there should be conversations about the feelings and current mood of the soldiers. Up to now I totally miss the soldiers shouting while they're in combat, we get no intension of fear, anger etc. Same goes for the civilian. At the moment the AI almost seems free from any emotions, auditory as well as gesture, whereby the whole atmosphere suffers from :(

The problem with dynamic shouts is that they get repetitive. Combat-specific shouts would be fine, but for example in any mod that adds 'squad chatter', it bothers me to hear the same dialogue over and over. And often in such mods, the AI says things inappropriate to the situation.

I would rather have the AI shout things during combat that they would normally say over the radio. Perhaps with the odd taunt against the enemy.

I prefer the robotic voices to endless amounts of not-quite-fitting longer samples, which need to be duplicated for different voice types.

When I hear the robotic voice info, I know that the info has been generated to tell me something that pertains to me, and not the nearest voice sample that fits. I already know it's an AI telling me info, so, for me at least, the generated voices are OK.

I still can't wrap my head round how they somehow thought this was good voice acting...

5FlVL5jy4Rc

I mean come on!!

Edited by Sky999

I think BAF and the DLC packs started to be a bit more fluent (as they can be based on the mechanics of how it works).

Im torn realy, I kind of got used to them as required and when im in the moment of a firefight how they say what they are telling me (that I need to know) gets filtered out, so it becomes less of an issue when it works based on the info.

Some of the preset voices are better than others, so when they get randomly generated you can find a few idiot ones.

Having said that this seems to be about voice acting so I assume more to do with the scripted acting voices ... and yes I can agree that some of the cut scene voice acting is a little ... ummm .... "Man sat in a room reading a list of sentences to a microphone in a row" ... as opposed to "acting" :)

The voice acting needs to sound amazing. For example if your under fire and you are saying something your not going to say it calming make the man scream it out and sound very preoccupied. You should also include an AI talking module, to make them talk to each other to make it seem more realistic like ACE tried to incorporate. Also when you are going stealth make it choose to radio silence or whispers in Arma 2 we would sneak into an enemy village and we would hear

"ENEMY MAN 12 OC'KLOCK 100M!" It would just ruin the atmosphere. In my opinion Arma 3's big focus should be voice acting

UNKNOWN AT UNKNOWN!

They need more phrases too, like 'Clear', 'Secure the area', 'Assist', 'Medic!' - simple ones like that.

What voice I would like to see changed is the one of the injured, they dont seem like they suffer, they are more like having an orgasm... OR MAYBE THEY LIKE PAIN! Biatches!!!

I'd like to see some more realistic vocal communications... right now everyone uses the squad radio no matter what's happening. Perhaps there can be an additional awareness state or "communications mode" that would allow soldiers to shout.

Obviously you don't want people shouting out commands when you're trying to sneak up on somebody but, when you're in combat, it's much more realistic to shout "CONTACT twelve o'clock!!!!!" instead of calmly saying it into your radio.

Some "battlechatter" would be nice too. It's one of the cool things about games like CoD, you can hear enemies shouting "cover me, reloading!" and "contact". It would add a lot of depth and immersion.

Not just the acting, get rid of non-sensical phrases "unknown is history" type stuff.

Not just the acting, get rid of non-sensical phrases "unknown is history" type stuff.

I actually like automatic soundoffs when reloading and stuff. Although it helps if you know who you killed before you go shouting "...MAN--IS HEESTORAY!!12 :D"

is hopefully not as terrible :). lol.

urgh come on people, give it a f***ing rest...

If you really do not like the voice acting, just don't listen to it. The radio chatter sound levels are right in the audio settings.

I personally think the ones in ArmA 2 were MILES better than the OFP ones. Even at that, the OA ones were a huge improvement over the ArmA 2 ones.