Sign in to follow this  
Rg

Zombie/Infected [DLC] How much interest?

Zombie/Infected [DLC] How much interest?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Zombie/Infected [DLC] How much interest?

• Would pay a base $10 (PMC-like DLC) = [Basic AI + Limited Content + Small Campaign + Small Map]
    • Would pay as HIGH as $20 (2xDLC) = [Advanced AI + Increased Content + Large Campaign + Large Map]
    • Would pay as HIGH as $30 (1xEXP) = [Advanced AI + Increased Content + Large Campaign + Large Map]
    • Skip a DLC/EXP testing period and attempt a FULL $50 GAME
    • Don't attempt anything (Zombie/Infected) related

I can`t even imagine, why these Zombie Mods pop up for every game.:confused:

So i would not pay a penny for it, sorry.

Edited by Mr_Tea
typo

Zombie are just flat out fun, and having them professionally done and tested with the AI and course pathing would be great.

And seriously how can you go wrong with a huge open world to run from and or hunt down and kill hordes of zombies, seriously people its awesome, why do people invest soo much time in user mods on it, cause there is a good demand for it, and well its just awesome :) but thats just my two sense

they dont have to know it could be stelthy get from point to point b hide durnig night

Well, for a proper working zombies in Arma 3, i would pay gladly even $1000 - and yes, i can imagine i am the only one, but why not - it would be fun, and fun allways costs something, so thats ok.

I just don't understand those people saying things like "ohforfsake! no way! this is a mil-sim! zombies are unrealistic! leave it to CoD!".

If sombedy makes addon of Mig-29, will you tell him "go play Lockon you moron"?

Arma is not only a game, but also a sandbox - not as much as it could be, but still...

Try imagine Left4Dead zombies combined with Arma world and rules - it wouldn't be a crazy hack'n'slash corridor action movie, you could use tactics, sneak around, use vehicles, etc.

Imagine a CTI-like gameplay, where you would have to clear an island from the zombie horde while starting as only surviving soldier armed only with your rifle, making progress by taking,

defending, and fortifying villages and towns, searching for and trying to save those few isolated settlements.

You can't escape the island, because the navy will sink every boat, and shoot down every plane which tries to leave the island, in order to prevent the infection from spreading to mainland.

Your only chance is to survive on the island, and hope that one day, the blockade will end.

Sending your troops to clear the woods around, sometimes going with them. Struggling with the scarce resources, while scavenging for more.

Why do you allways think that "zombies" = "stupid shooter"?

It could be like a real-time strategy while including 1st person action for more immersion.

You would have to use your brains along with your gun.

Oh, and i especially "love" when someone says "modders can do it already, no need for official DLCs!"

...ok, show me ONE zombie mod where the zombies doesn't look/behave lame.

You can't, as there si none - sorry Charon and others, its not your fault, but there is only so much you can do until you reach game limits.

No modder can do what i want, because it needs changes in the game's core mechanics - first simple example that comes to mind:

Make it so the AI soldiers wouldn't fight zombies the same way they wage long range battle with regular enemies.

Make it so the AI picks their targets based on proximity => the closest zombie is the most dangerous one.

Any idea how to "mod" this? NO, because you can't.

But what am i hearing?? you say you could script such behaviour?

but try that, and you'll render the game unplayable.

The things modders can do are limited.

Well, for a proper working zombies in Arma 3, i would pay gladly even $1000 -.

:rolleyes:

You may very well get modders trying their damndest after that offer.

Plain and simple as much as I love Arma, this would be the worst shooter engine to build a zombie game on properlike.

What does Arma engine really have going for it? Scale. Size that benefits many entities that fight it out over long ranges -zombies you want hordes that fight it out over extremely close ranges -inside and out. Unless you just plan to bomb them, but what fun is that?

Why should anyone not a Z-Head support an official DLC? Would you support my realistic mounted medieval game pledge with hardcore engine modifications for my DLC -or would that be a waste of resources in your eyes? I want Arma2 scale for my medieval twitch as well...

:rolleyes:

You may very well get modders trying their damndest after that offer.

Plain and simple as much as I love Arma, this would be the worst shooter engine to build a zombie game on properlike.

What does Arma engine really have going for it? Scale. Size that benefits many entities that fight it out over long ranges -zombies you want hordes that fight it out over extremely close ranges -inside and out. Unless you just plan to bomb them, but what fun is that?

Why should anyone not a Z-Head support an official DLC? Would you support my realistic mounted medieval game pledge with hardcore engine modifications for my DLC -or would that be a waste of resources in your eyes? I want Arma2 scale for my medieval twitch as well...

Its the only possible non-linear large scale game, there is no decent hand to hand combat though but its still better than nothing.

I understand that but try to see it from a non Z-Head point of view -we don't get that many DLC's and to have one announced that would only suit a particular niche fanbase just don't seem right.

A pledge to add hand-hand, possible window use, improved house pathfinding and object manipulation would serve us all a bit more methinks.

I think 5133p39 has some point at least regarding the size of the scenario where you would be chasing/being chased by zombies.

Arma 2 might not be the place for that to happen, maybe Arma 3 will be more friendly with modders in this regard. And imo this would be for modder's to deliver not BIS.

froggyluv: recognize a medieval twitch to arma is orders of magnitude harder to bring than zombies...

A pledge to add hand-hand, possible window use, improved house pathfinding and object manipulation would serve us all a bit more methinks.

Definitely!

(Voted - "Don't attempt anything" btw)

Edited by gammadust

I understand that but try to see it from a non Z-Head point of view -we don't get that many DLC's and to have one announced that would only suit a particular niche fanbase just don't seem right.

Well, my first post in this topic already indicated that i think its something best left to modders. Still, i wouldnt mind seeing it done officially with proper features, campaign and all. ;)

froggyluv: recognize a medieval twitch to arma is orders of magnitude harder to bring than zombies...

Of course you're correct. I often use extreme examples to make a point -bad habit.

This is all speculation anyways so no reason anyone get too heated one way or the other. If they did include all of those indoor capabilites and chose a Zombie dlc as their personal way of displaying it to us -well I'd be overjoyed and buy it at once :D

Not heated at all... :)

I do have my zombie-gore-machine-laughing-nails-and-mellee-hiting-axes fix already.

Zombies should be lumbering idiots only killable by headshot. And there should be hundreds of them.

@pogo: not bad but needs moar.

Reminds me off me high school days when instigating then running from the cops was our every summer-nite thing to do. That was adrenaline taken to 110% -Throw egg; wait for detection; run like a muthaflipper jumpin gates, rolling, climbing trees, navigating ledges, falling and perhaps an actual tussel with ol Blue :D

Again, the avatar needs to be nimble to make that fun. Plus moar growling, hiding, makieshift weapons, thrashing, ripping, dismemberme...........

@Gamma: Gonna get it :)

in arma hundreds of lumbering zombies each running scripts == rubbish performance. why not have far less but far more terrifying and effective zombies a la 28 days later.

I'd gladly dish out 10.00$ for a Zombie DLC. Anything more than that and it better be the best goddamn zombie simulation ever.

Zombies should be lumbering idiots only killable by headshot. And there should be hundreds of them.

Enjoy your 0.00010 FPS. :p

This thread didn't actually spiral down into a burning wreck, at least so far. :pray: :p

The poll numbers are actually better then I was anticipating. My guess was around [10:90/20:80](Yay:Nay).

While a zombie/infected endeavor would be totally off the wall for the BIS-Armaverse, it would however bring possible tech improvements (like TakeOnHeli will bring, albeit very different), extra moeenaay's from current & potential new players (however small and unwanted ;)), or just a different and fun (maybe needed) break from all things military since '01.

It would be a first, to my knowledge, to do a sim-like take on an apocalyptic infection scenario. Going the normal zombie shooter route wouldn't bring much new to the table and would be much less competitive to the plethora of all-things-zombie in games as of late.

Hell, I'm not even a zombie fan, with the one exception being 28 days even though its not a true zombie flick. However, I would still drop $10 just to have something professional done in that area for modders to toy with and to get a glimpse of what BIS may be capable of in close quarter interaction.

@pogoman979

I'm a fan of Celery's script-only work, but the AI in your video (although hard to see for sure) seem to react even faster making escape even harder ;)