Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Steel (ahem..take inspiration) from the popular mods!

Ah Yes, Backblast and Tank Overpressure. Always good for a laugh.

I remember a long time ago, Rommel was playing around with being able to move around in a chinook and enable firing from the open rear door etc. We mucked around and eventually someone pulled out an antitank launcher and fired down from the open rear door. The helo blew and crashed, all cause of the backblast we had all forgotten about. Funny as at the time.

I remember a long time ago, Rommel was playing around with being able to move around in a chinook and enable firing from the open rear door etc. We mucked around and eventually someone pulled out an antitank launcher and fired down from the open rear door. The helo blew and crashed, all cause of the backblast we had all forgotten about. Funny as at the time.

Hahahahaha I remember this. Attachto FTW!

To be blunt getting too complicated with a lot of things will turn people off the game and the point of running a business is to attract new customers not turn current ones away. Things like deafness and passing out after running for too long does and will anoy the hell out of people I know it just serves to tick me off. hence why I never use ACE there is too much that just plain anoys me. I mean seriously if I run to exaustion I can tell you right now I don't flippin black out I slow down and oh yeah that's what happens in ArmA by default but not to the point of being anoying so to be honest they are nailing things pretty well. Remember at the end of the day this is a game.

Enhancements with no negative effects are definatley something to bring in though such as weapon resting, strobes attached to units for identification in night missions these are all good things backblast from rockets could be a 50/50 but to be honest people should be watching where they are going so it can't be bad in my book. Tank blasts and explosion blasts that go off close to players should cause a temporary deafness like you typically see in shooter games with flashbangs (obviously without the blindness) hearing a ringing in the ears and nothing else before fading a few seconds later is as real as it needs to be.

Like I say making things over complicated is a bad idea OA nailed a lot of things nicely with backpacks and whatnot but I suppose you could add extra bumf in a selectable realism mode or something for the people who want it. In fact this realism mode could work client side so the online gaming community doesn't get split. Example: 2 guys on 1 server. 1 has realism on the other has it off. deafness blacking out with exaustion it could all happen on the realism guys machine as it only effects him but not the other as that is how they both like to play. This would be twitchy in player vs player but then that could be server selectable in that case. Food for thought.

What about those who like?

they can play with it, but it doesnt needed to be implemented in the game