Sign in to follow this  
JAG201509

fix the parachuting

OK, I'm watching the video waiting for the "problem" to present itself... hmmm... man falls from plane... still watching... turns retarded music off... man hits ground... yep, all normal insofar... man gets to feet and is good to go...

Problem? No. Purely aesthetic gripe which could potentially look better but is probably hardcoded into the engine? Certainly.

Do you mean that the unit should make a dramatic roll forward and get into kneel position or do you mean that little jump to get out of the vehicle/parachute?

JAG201509 why don't you simply use the HALO option and HALO script. The solution is already in the game, you just have to use it.

I think he is refering to transfering from "parachuting" to "stand on the ground". It is a bit... still OPF. It could be little improved if it would spawn you on the ground sooner as you land and not glitch the characters legs into the ground for 5s for example.

what i hate about it is that you slide abound on the ground then you sundenly jump out of something.. i think there should be an option to take your parachute off.. or at least a propper landing animation.

ACE 2 does a pretty good job of improving upon this, but it still needs work.

i have noticed the improvement in ACE 2.. but a proper animation would be nice, hopefully it will be something they will fix for A3.

Just like you can parachute out of a huey.... Arma 2 has lost its status as simulator.

Just like you can parachute out of a huey.... Arma 2 has lost its status as simulator.

te6nrFaMLeM

jc5aeTZe6cw

V12tC-aHP2w

Perfectly possible. Anything else you wanna bitch about trolly mctroll?

He doesn't watch Southpark - lost cause, mate. :dj:

te6nrFaMLeM

jc5aeTZe6cw

V12tC-aHP2w

Thats not a military helicopter, and might I add I was talking about the pilot at extremely low altitudes as most hueys fly at. I'd like to see you try and parachute out of a supercobra.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

He doesn't watch Southpark - lost cause, mate. :dj:

Because Im not a ignorant scumbag.

HL003551.jpg?size=67&uid=67e1456b-f527-4bbc-8cd6-258dcd0be740&uniqID=c77410bd-2a30-40fc-97b1-45b67f1cec9d

Well, they can parachute low from military helicopters. I'm not sure about from an attack helicopter. It seems like it would be hard to get out.

Edited by Max Power

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/HL003551.jpg?size=67&uid=67e1456b-f527-4bbc-8cd6-258dcd0be740&uniqID=c77410bd-2a30-40fc-97b1-45b67f1cec9d

Well, they can parachute low from military helicopters. I'm not sure about from an attack helicopter. It seems like it would be hard to get out.

Im talking about the pilot, the only helicopter with a ejection seat should be the Kamov-52. Please stop posting images of the passangers parajumping out.. the pilot would have to put on a parachute all while the helicopter is screaming towards the ground. So he has about 4 seconds to do this.

Edited by Foxhound
Please do not quote images!

Im talking about the pilot, the only helicopter with a ejection seat should be the Kamov-52. Please stop posting images of the passangers parajumping out.. the pilot would have to put on a parachute all while the helicopter is screaming towards the ground. So he has about 4 seconds to do this.

I'll post whatever I please, thank you. Don't quote images.

You said huey. That is a huey. That is the exact helicopter you named. If you meant cobra, you should have said cobra. Of course, now you're saying cobra that's flying NOE. If we whittle this point down any farther, we're going to have a toothpick and a room full of sawdust. Maybe you can be more specific and tell us what you actually mean next time.

Edited by Max Power

I'll post whatever I please, thank you. Don't quote images.

You said huey. That is a huey. That is the exact helicopter you named. If you meant cobra, you should have said cobra. Of course, now you're saying cobra that's flying NOE. If we whittle this point down any farther, we're going to have a toothpick and a room full of sawdust. Maybe you can be more specific and tell us what you actually mean next time.

I did, I said the huey pilots should not be able to "eject" out of their seat magically.

I did, I said the huey pilots should not be able to "eject" out of their seat magically.

I think you'll find what you said was:

Just like you can parachute out of a huey

To which we responded with photos and video of people parachuting out of Hueys or Bell 206/407 (which as you know are civilian cousins of the Huey).

At no point, until you were called on it, did you ever mention pilots...

I think you'll find what you said was:

To which we responded with photos and video of people parachuting out of Hueys or Bell 206/407 (which as you know are civilian cousins of the Huey).

At no point, until you were called on it, did you ever mention pilots...

Obviously if you're high enough, but huey pilots shouldent be able to do it.

Im talking about the pilot, the only helicopter with a ejection seat should be the Kamov-52.

hang on so you are saying that thr KA-52 is the only helicopter with a ejection seat??

nearly all modern attack helicopters have them fitted :P

hang on so you are saying that thr KA-52 is the only helicopter with a ejection seat??

Name some of the up to standards modern attack helicopters with pilot ejection seats, other then the Kamov-50 series or the Mi-28

cant resist getting in on this trolling thread.

@doonbugie

are you saying that huey pilots are not as clever as other heli pilots, so they cannot use chutes?

cant resist getting in on this trolling thread.

@doonbugie

are you saying that huey pilots are not as clever as other heli pilots, so they cannot use chutes?

No, Im saying that its almost impossible to parajump out of a huey at extremely low altitudes in a huey which is going to crash, they will get chopped in the rotorblades.

Say what?