Sign in to follow this  
Damu

Pre-announcement ARG answers to questions discussion

Hi.

Do you have any questions about the recent Alternate Reality Game?

Here is your opportunity to get them answered.

Organize yourselves and come up with 20 questions, ordered by your interest.

We will go one by one and answer the top 15 of them.

We reserve the right to not answer questions violating our marketing plan (I hope there won't by any), so the extra 5 questions will serve as backups for any skipped ones.

The rules:

* yes/no questions only

* ARG related

* we don't have to answer (but I promise we will try our best)

* vote for the question list in the community, the manager will be Zipper5

* finally, Zipper5 will PM me the link to the final 20 questions

The rest is up to you: how you choose them, deadlines, limits per person, etc.

Zipper5 is authorized to add any additional rules to help organize this.

Update: 27 May 2011

Please use only this thread for any and all discussions on the topic of these answers.

Here are the 15 answers:

Here are the answers. I'm sorry I can't answer story or technology questions. Partly because I don't want to spoil and also many things are not finished or final yet. They can change easily.

1. "Does the map which was burried (first Hack) show a plan to invade Europe? " - ScratcH1

Yes

2. "The hackers often used chinese characters. Will chinese forces appear in Arma3?" - sweguy96

Spoiler

3. "Since the first two hints directly pointed at the ChdKZ will they play a role/be of any importance in Arma 3?" - Tonci87

Spoiler

4. "Since the hackers were persian, will persian forces appear in Arma3?" - [GR]Operative

Spoiler

5. "Were screen caps of in game physics used as an aid to create the ASCII animation of the ball hitting the wall? " - Trauma.au

No

6. "Did we find and solve all the clues in the ARG?" - Ben_S, Glowbal

Yes

7. "Have (Monday May 9th) forum's posts deeper meaning (hint something) why they were posted in 14 specific threads?" - BoboCZ

No

8. "Did the contents of the files during the "Monday, May 9th 2011, 12:00 CEST" hack have any deeper meanings than the ones that we noticed?" - bobtom

No, only the Greece

9. "Did you have to change the plans for the ARG in any way becasue of Nvidias little mishap with the arma3.exe?" - Bullet_Purveyor

No

10. "The codes found on the RL map: 97 NAV, 91 NAV, 17 AB etc. Are they related to fictional military units?" - dale0404

Spoiler

11. "Is the political situation in ArmA 3 accurate to the map found in the first hint? " - Hamm

Spoiler

12. "Considering the ASCII animation we saw showing a ball smashing a wall, is BIS planning to add more complex destruction physics to buildings in Arma3?" - MadDogX, Sergeantshizzle, the_antipop

No

13. "Is the quote "The world will change" related to new terrain technology?" - neokika

No

14. "Were we supposed to use the tools located next to TimeSeeker/ directory: BrainCrypter/, DocGuard/, MassConfuser/, MindControl/, MissileGuide/, TimeBorer/ ?" - Przemek_kondor

No

15. "The ARG mentioned Spukayev... does this mean that ArmA 3 is a continuation of the ArmA 2 tale?" - RangerPL

Yes, we stay in Armaverse

16. "Was there some hidden code on the map found in the first hack?" - PBishop

Not directly for ARG

17. "Is there a direct relation between the results found by seeker.exe, especially between Miller's birth date and the rest of those?" - PuFu

No

18. "Were we supposed to gain access the P8h8.info FTP server?" - -Puma-

No

19. "Is or was the final image of the 4 combined logic gated arma 2 screenshots a REAL photo from real life?" - Sothis

Yes, the basis is real

20. "If the Astute submarine is included, will it be controlable/drivable by the player?" - Babylonjoke, Tonci87

Hard to tell, we don't know yet

Edited by Zipper5
Questions answered

Okay, I've got a suggestion for one of the questions:

Considering the ASCII animation we saw showing a ball smashing a wall, is BIS planning to add more complex destruction physics to buildings in Arma3?

Btw. considering the amount of questions likely to roll in here, I would suggest a limit of one per person, followed by some kind of poll to pick the 20 best ones.

EDIT: Finally, I'm the ninja! Hayaa! :D

Edited by MadDogX

Hi guys,

First, thanks to Damu for giving me this opportunity. :)

There's only one thing I'd like to add to this: it seems best to limit the number of questions that can be submitted per person to 1. That way we don't get thousands upon thousands of questions to vote for in the end. So be sure to make your question the one you want answered the most.

So, to summarize: 1 question per person.

Have at it!

Edit: Damn, you were too fast for me, MadDogX.

Edited by Zipper5
Ninja'd

With the annoucment of physx engine being featured in arma3 will that enable players to move freely around moving vehicles, ie aircrafts, moving ships.

Finally. Lets hope this does not intrude and disrupt the marketing campaign. My question is as follows:

Is or was the final image of the 4 combined logic gated arma 2 screenshots a REAL photo from real life? :-)

good question to ask since many people believe it to be an actual screenshot of Arma 3 ;>

Hope to get this question included :P

Nice idea. :)

I've re-enabled anonymous editing on the wiki.

yeah, but 1 question per user is moot point on the wiki :rolleyes:

paul, ziip - not ARG related

sothis - yet it is ;)

yeah, but 1 question per user is moot point on the wiki :rolleyes:

So questions must be posted here too - they'll just be collected on the wiki.

this community is failing so bad at ARG related question though...

MadDogX - yeah cool

The rules:

* ARG related

:(

my question is - the "hackers" was Iran/Persian guys - so the enemys are from same nation as hackers?

Are we going to have destructible terrain? Like big holes in the ground.

A perfect example of the questions that are not part of this Q&A, as they are not pertaining to the ARG. :)

ARG-related questions only, please.

Is the map which was burried (first Hack) part of a plan to invade Europe?

Hints to China in ARG - how are they related to ArmA III?

;/ Ninjas everywhere...

Does 'Persia' mean 'Iran' in the ARG?

(Mates, please remember this is ARG-related, not specifically ArmA 3-related)

All valid questions so far added to the wiki page. (i.e. only the ones that conform to the rules.)

I took the liberty of paraphrasing sweguy96's one about China, just to make sure the information we would get back on it is more valuable. Is that okay? :)

I took the liberty of paraphrasing sweguy96's one about China, just to make sure the information we would get back on it is more valuable. Is that okay? :)

yes thats okay ;)

In regards to china being mentioned in the ARG... is the "bad" ending of PMC canonical?

Were we supposed to use the tools located next to TimeSeeker/ directory: BrainCrypter/, DocGuard/, MassConfuser/, MindControl/, MissileGuide/, TimeBorer/ ?

Have (Monday May 9th) forum's posts deeper meaning(hint something) why they were posted in 14 specific threads?

------------------------------

Aaargh, I have so many questions. Remind me Lost's bonus episode "Man In charge", where Ben let query only one question. Are you Lost fan ;)? Damn another question :).

Edited: wasn't YES/NO question

Edited by BoboCZ

More like ARGHhh..

Did someone @ BIS discovered a top secret Russian helicopter prototype? (hamovâ„¢) Arent you scared about uncle Putin coming after you guys?

Did the "Vote Chedaki" billboard picture from the second hack hold any significance other than hiding the submarine in it?

was there some hidden code on the map found in the first hack?