Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

...The females in Arma 2 was on pair with the wildlife, which is kinda odd and lazy of the developers.

This time according to the story, the "main" faction is about to be "driven in to the sea", this means they are probably pretty desperate, that means enlisting every able man OR woman.

No matter what you have say about the females in various countries today (Not only the US as so many refers to) the future story of Arma 3 seems to call for irregulars and desperate messures.

And of course all the girls that play arma 2 will probably love to have female soldiers in the game.

Girls? On the internet? Playing games? Have you gone completely mad?

yeah! for the 2-3 only girls in the entire Arma community...

And of course all the girls that play arma 2 will probably love to have female soldiers in the game.
This are just guys using female names. I have not met any real girl, women, wife or girlfriend that likes such games or likes partners playing games so far and I never will fore sure. The only SIM I know of girls play sometiemes is THE SIMS

Playing Arma 3? Lol.

Nah, I agree, women on the frontline in 10-30 years (near future setting) would probably be more feasable. Aren't some already allowed? And the story line sounds like a lot has kicked off, probably aiming towards the guerrilla war scenario which would accept female soldiers in the equation. I don't see why not...

Playing Arma 3? Lol.

Nah, I agree, women on the frontline in 10-30 years (near future setting) would probably be more feasable. Aren't some already allowed? And the story line sounds like a lot has kicked off, probably aiming towards the guerrilla war scenario which would accept female soldiers in the equation. I don't see why not...

Allowed is one thing, actualy there is another. In german army combat duty for women is granted since 2001..BUT..they usually seek better jobs in the forces far from combat...rushing to get officers in less than 2 years and making it to the army universitay in less than 3 years..no time for combat. The only women I personally know that had been to A-Stan was a army-doctor starting her carrer as "Oberleutnant" (1st Lt.) already. In german army you will hardly find women in the lower ranks as this is in no way a attractiv nor well payed job.

In fact the demand for Army carrers is currently declining amongst women...the job is simply not attractive.

And the story line sounds like a lot has kicked off, probably aiming towards the guerrilla war scenario which would accept female soldiers in the equation. I don't see why not...

^^ This.

Looking at the single player campaign description "Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander", and some of the other background info that we've recieved, it seems that Miller will land on the island and start recruiting the subjugated locals into a militia in order to overthrow the occupants (probably Iran/China).

It would make sense for women to play an active role along with the men. I would also love to see some real female characters with an actual personality, since those are few and far between in shooters.

i never understand why a male player wants to use a female characters in games. seeing all those 35kg, child faced, japanese anime girls with 20kg guns and warpaint makes me realy sick...

please no female soldiers in arma series!

I'm not crazy for the idea. For my purposes I don't really mind what sex soldiers are in the game, they're representations only they only have to be dressed appropriately and act accordingly. As such, I have no use for different sex soldiers. Having said that, I also have no use for different race soldiers, but I acknowledge the immersion value of having them.

If female soldiers are a possibility, I'd like to see different body types of ALL soldiers, tall, short, fat, thin etc.

On a real-world pragmatic level, female soldiers are a distraction, and are viewed differently in combat situations (just think about a girl soldier in your squad in some amount of trouble vs a male soldier, and try to be as honest as possible when considering your reaction to that) and there are other pragmatic considerations for different sexes in the field.

We don't have to like it, but there are pragmatic considerations for female soldiers that are not going to go away in the future. Female soldiers might be suited to support roles however.

IMO natch :)

i never understand why a male player wants to use a female characters in games. seeing all those 35kg, child faced, japanese anime girls with 20kg guns and warpaint makes me realy sick...

It's not that, it's the fact that women in-game would be able to use weaponary. About time.

If female soldiers are a possibility, I'd like to see different body types of ALL soldiers, tall, short, fat, thin etc.

Wouldn't we all, but doubt it would happen unless customisation turned into something along the lines of an RPG. Lol, doubt it.

It's simple, because they don't have a real one in their life ;)

Those like we, which have got a wife or girlfriend don't wont to have girls in ArmA because we search world without them. Specialy after the wedding :rolleyes: when you girlfiend turns in to the tyran and annoy you of all the time :mad:

sorry for chouvinism, but i cant find it realistic to see a skinny woman shooting a m240 or something...

and when you say that it would fit to story line, we would need to have some children with weapons too ... sorry but weapons and war belongs to the man.

for sure it would be coold if females could do all the animations that the males can do, but PLS dont add armed women to the campaign or predefined units.

It's simple, because they don't have a real one in their life ;)

Those like we, which have got a wife or girlfriend don't wont to have girls in ArmA because we search world without them. Specialy after the wedding :rolleyes: when you girlfiend turns in to the tyran and annoy you of all the time :mad:

A tad presumptious isn't it? Some want them in not so much to look at but because A. they exist and that is good enough, but as I've heard it more importantly B. the fact that women could pick up weapons and use them in OFP.

I would support it because it would be something different, but while it would be nice to give players more options for whatever gender they prefer, in the end all I see is the uniform and classify it as a target or friendly, shoot em all the same.

As for girls not playing..stop trolling guys, you know women enjoy killing just as much as we do and are just as if not more violent, anyone who has seen a real cat fight knows that well enough.

Edited by NodUnit

This are just guys using female names. I have not met any real girl, women, wife or girlfriend that likes such games or likes partners playing games so far and I never will fore sure.

I have actually...

Yeah, my fiancée is one of those few who will sit and watch me play through an entire ShackTac Saturday. Lucky me. :D

...and she kicks my arse at Starcraft 2.

Sigh...

1. I agree that we should have female soldiers.

2. Get over it, its a girl.. so what, its not like you can date a computer made girl in a game. Grow up..

3. There are more girls playing arma than you know, moste just dont tell you they are cos the dont want to listen to the regular bullshit abt "uuuuh a girl"

Sigh...

2. Get over it, its a girl.. so what, its not like you can date a computer made girl in a game.

Sorry, but looking at how popular the old arab guy face is as a character skin online, we're gonna see all female armies flooding the public servers.

Sorry, but looking at how popular the old arab guy face is as a character skin online, we're gonna see all female armies flooding the public servers.

:ok:

+1

well there are ladies that do play arma2. they're not as vocal online as the guys, obviously, but their presence is certainly a welcome addition. I'm not sure if a female character is something they would choose, but i do think it should be an option. if anything, being inclusive is the way to go.

blonde, blue eyes and legs that go all the way with PhysX features any man would die for isn't the type of character I'm refering to either.

Women? In the military? How deliciously absurd!

rich-snob.jpg

Here's my two cents: I agree there should be some female units in the game. Maybe pilots. Maybe MPs. If they have any specifically infantry units (of course they will), then those should be male only (if they are U.S. forces). There should be females only based on the nationalities of the units that are in the game. Like, if Israel is in the game, then you'd have more female infantry units. For the U.S., like I said, you could have female MPs or pilots, but no infantry roles. That way you include female units in the game and in a way that is still realistic and authentic. That way everyone should be satisfied and there is no compromise in realism.

Yeah, my fiancée is one of those few who will sit and watch me play through an entire ShackTac Saturday. Lucky me. :D

YouTube footage, or it did not happen!

Women wil not be in ArmA 3 as soldier because the animations are too difficult to master.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iqYznDU1gY&feature=related

Or simply introduce a 50% aim penalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCzOLEoko6o&feature=related

Edited by Beagle

In all seriousness I definitely wouldn't mind female units in the form of pilots for example, but I'd have to stress to BIS to please for the love of god get the numbers correct.

So far we've seen that BIS, when including a new type of person into already existing units, they tend to go a little overboard. Remember when we had the BAF DLC? That was fine, until the PMC DLC made every squad in the British army have an inexplicably explained Chinese member...

So to sum up, I'm all for women, but keep them realistic in their numbers and realistic in their roles on the battlefield.

Mine (occasionally) plays Left 4 Dead 2 with me. Can anyone beat that? :D

Btw. I think this discussion is kind of going off on a tangent. Peeps are asking for women in the game to at least be able to use a gun, not to allow people to play as women whenever they want. Women may not be on the front line a lot, but them not being able to pick up a gun at all isn't really realistic either.

i prefer good looking grils rather than the ones that use to play games :p

but seriously it turns me off to talk about gaming with a girl ... same for cars and soccer.

omg iam a true chauvinist.

@beagle: these vids made my day :)