Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

There will be only 2 prof. armies: NATO and Iran. The rest will be local resistance, bandits,...

Don't forget to mention Russian-based private military company. Sorry for going offtopic. :)

I would add women just to piss of those morons (besides other reasons) ...

Amen to that.

Can't you just vote and STFU if you have nothing better to say?

Voters: 267. This poll is closed .... or i would have voted , so i voiced my oppinion in the thread.

btw it was a joke wether you find it funny or not isnt really the end all or be all in life now is it.

By the way, Israel army has women. ...

And considering that I'm fairly certain Israel is one of the factions on the NATO side, going by the fact the screenshots clearly show what appears to be a Merkava Mk4, Israel's own main battle tank... It only makes sense that there will be some female soldiers in their faction, as there are a considerable amount of women serving full combat roles in the IDF today.

One of the few nations that actually does let us fight as equals of men, like it should be.

Would be kind of wrong not to have them, honestly.

While it seems that Israeli units are in game, Israeli army might not be. I recall they were supposed to be OPFOR (maybe Iranian) vehicles, captured during some offscreen skirmishes or in backstory. But you're right. If there were Israelis, but there were no women, BI would have a really hard time explaining this.

Maybe you could serve in U.S. Army or BAF and not encounter a single female soldier in Takistan or Afghanistan, they're not exactly common in there forces, at least not yet. The same isn't true of IDF, which has a lot of women, not to mention conscription also applies to them in Israel. There's no way you could have realistic IDF without women (in fact, if BI tried to pull that off, this could be taken as an insult by some IDF girls).

Edited by Dragon01

Looking at the latest bugs with femanons not beeing able to crawl through holes and stuff (26442, 26444), it should be clear to anyone that these things are bound to happen, aslong as those wemons don't receive a complete set of animations, equivalent to that of men. And that includes using weapons of any kind and also activities outside the kitchen, such as driving and sailing and stuff.

Are you for or against bugs?

That's the question.

:p

If there were Iranians, but there were no women, BI would have a really hard time explaining this.

Only to the nuts-and-bolts counting realism nuts. And even then I doubt they'd have that hard a time, because they probably wouldn't bother... :cool:

And considering that I'm fairly certain Israel is one of the factions on the NATO side, going by the fact the screenshots clearly show what appears to be a Merkava Mk4, Israel's own main battle tank... It only makes sense that there will be some female soldiers in their faction, as there are a considerable amount of women serving full combat roles in the IDF today.

One of the few nations that actually does let us fight as equals of men, like it should be.

Would be kind of wrong not to have them, honestly.

Despite the fact that Israel is the only country in the world with a mandatory military service requirement for women, and despite the fact that Israeli women train for frontline combat, and teach it to recruits, Israeli women are currently barred from active combat during wartime.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it.

Active combat during wartime. As if there were no non-frontline roles to fill. Perhaps you won't see a woman in a squad of soldiers coming to relieve you, but it's rather likely that some of them will be operating radios, field artillery, trucks, anything logistics related and so on. There are many positions that could be filled by them. I don't know the exact regulations in IDF, but I guess that a female door gunner in an aircraft wouldn't be unrealistic.

Besides, situation in AIII seems pretty dire for Israel. In such case, regulations would most likely be changed to allow women to fight in frontline combat roles. No sense keeping good recruits out of combat when you're fighting for survival (and it seems to be the case for Israel in AIII).

That is, if they didn't already lost the fight. I recall someone saying that the Merkava in the screenshot was captured and actually used by Iran. Anyway, things are going to look bleak for Israel.

Only to the nuts-and-bolts counting realism nuts.

About half of ArmA fanbase consists of such "realism nuts". The other half may not care, but this one may.

Edited by Dragon01

I recall someone saying that the Merkava in the screenshot was captured and actually used by Iran.

I'm really curious about the reasoning behind the inclusion of Merkava's in ARMA3, does anyone have any further information on this?

About half of ArmA fanbase consists of such "realism nuts"...

From what poll or survey?

I'm really curious about the reasoning behind the inclusion of Merkava's in ARMA3, does anyone have any further information on this?

Think theres other threads about, but the gist is Israeli tech has been stolen/ captured, still much to be revealed on that one. Can also see how the guys at BIS might be just a little tired of pumping out M1's etc.

Nicely dreailed folks, never been a thread more deserving

Playing Arma 3? Lol.

Nah, I agree, women on the frontline in 10-30 years (near future setting) would probably be more feasable. Aren't some already allowed? And the story line sounds like a lot has kicked off, probably aiming towards the guerrilla war scenario which would accept female soldiers in the equation. I don't see why not...

Theres a special forces Israeli unit which consists entirely of women.

Though, this would mean the designers would have to do research on military women's underpants as well as men's. (Reference to certain gamescom video)

I admit, women in this game wouldnt be too bad. I mean, the civvie women weren't even able to drive a car in ARMA 2.

Theres a special forces Israeli unit which consists entirely of women.

Though, this would mean the designers would have to do research on military women's underpants as well as men's. (Reference to certain gamescom video)

Not to mention Physx influenced mammary glands...

I admit, women in this game wouldnt be too bad. I mean, the civvie women weren't even able to drive a car in ARMA 2.

BIS simply tried to simulate real life I guess...

Sorry, I couldnt resist :P

From what poll or survey?

ACE2 thread responses. :)

Antonia Lagushina did drove a car in AII campaign, so it's not like they can't do this at all. This was scripted though.

ACE2 thread responses. :)

Antonia Lagushina did drove a car in AII campaign, so it's not like they can't do this at all. This was scripted though.

Women in ArmAII can drive some cars, but not all. Most of the animations are missing, so they often can only get into vehicles as passengers. And sometimes not even this is possible, for example they cannot sit as passengers in fishing boats.

Not to mention Physx influenced mammary glands...

BIS simply tried to simulate real life I guess...

Sorry, I couldnt resist :P

So much of the community is all about realism, BIS has this very realistic feature and it gets so little attention.

Could it have been to keep the public of Chernarus safer? After all they already had to deal with a war. ;)

Well, it's not like a woman can't drive a car in real life. Driving somewhere, on the other hand, is another matter. :)

Not that it would matter in AII, given how everyone else drives...

Well, it's not like a woman can't drive a car in real life. Driving somewhere, on the other hand, is another matter. :)

Not that it would matter in AII, given how everyone else drives...

That made my day :)

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?130786-Pictures-of-women-in-the-military-police(Before-posting-read-the-1st-post!!!)&p=6049856&viewfull=1#post6049856

Necroposting. Anybody have information on the german army actually allowing females to finally serve in frontline roles, under fire?

That´d be rad. And, another point going towards implementing female soldiers in A3. TOH already made a step towards that by having female voices (so male-bodied soldiers speak with female voices), which is a step forward.

I am all for absolute gender equality, no matter the (often nonsensical and stereotypical) prevailing arguments that are constantly put forth against it. If it worked in a rough-and-tumble army like the early and mid-war Red Army, why shouldn´t it work for a war-bound, high tech, modern army?

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?130786-Pictures-of-women-in-the-military-police(Before-posting-read-the-1st-post!!!)&p=6049856&viewfull=1#post6049856

Necroposting. Anybody have information on the german army actually allowing females to finally serve in frontline roles, under fire?

That´d be rad. And, another point going towards implementing female soldiers in A3. TOH already made a step towards that by having female voices (so male-bodied soldiers speak with female voices), which is a step forward.

I am all for absolute gender equality, no matter the (often nonsensical and stereotypical) prevailing arguments that are constantly put forth against it. If it worked in a rough-and-tumble army like the early and mid-war Red Army, why shouldn´t it work for a war-bound, high tech, modern army?

Do you know what you just did man.

You just opened pandoras box...:/

very biased poll.

anyways there shouldn't be any combat females in arma 3.

I think their shouldn't be any combat females in Arma 3. Now I didn't read all 78 pages so please excuse me if we went over this. Their hasn't been any combat female roles in any other Arma game because females aren't allowed combat roles. At all. And lets face it, no one in Arma want's to play an Admin soldier. We want to play Infantry, Armor, Special Forces, stuff like that. The roles that can't have females. So unless the faction has proof they allow female front-line infantry, or it's an irregular guerrilla faction, females should not be there.

I. Their hasn't been any combat female roles in any other Arma game because females aren't allowed combat roles. At all.

This is not entirerly true, several nations allow females to join in combat roles.

Well. I think that people should finally understand, that ArmA III is set in future in the ArmAverse wich is close but different from reality. So it doesn't matter if women in some army are not allowed to serve on the front-line in the real world, because that decision that they can/can't serve can be completely different in the ArmAverse and it is only up to BI to decide whether there will be female soldiers or not.