Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

No not all that seriously, just a quick off the cuff example. Point is it can't be done and maybe after all these years of playing OFP,A1,A2 I'd be gratefull for the option.

Well I admit it's always nice to have freedom of choice so I guess it wouldn't kill me if BIS make the inclusion of female soldiers optional. I'm not saying I'm a supporter of the idea but in retrospect perhaps female troops could add a bit of authenticity in certain scenarios.

As long as they make the females equal to males and not just sex symbols. To much of that around already. I am aware there are exceptions such as Half Life 2 and I would love to see the ArmA series join those exceptions. The addon Namalsk Crisis had you play as a female character which was refreshing.

??? How is disagreeing with you flamebaiting. Or is this your way of flippantly dismissing any argument you cant successfully defend against?

You are trying to embarass me, so people may think your argument is more valid. Then, you would expect me to come with an agressive response, so that you would be fulfilled.

I don't look at women in the military any different than I do men. They want to serve their country, it has nothing to do with me. In the end I think you're full of shit Operative. Let's examine the situation you put forward.

Convoy attacked, wounded everywhere, etc. etc.

These are just some of the things that could factor into which person you save.

• How well you know either of them, if at all
  • How badly they are wounded. (eg: If the women has a large piece of shrapnel sticking out of her chest/stomach she's probably going to die anyways and vice versa)
  • What rank each person is.
  • What the situation is regarding the state of the convoy, how hard you're being attacked, etc.
  • How hard it would be to drag each person out of the vehicle.

I'm just you're average "army brat", but even I know it depends more on shit like that than the sex of the wounded person. The way you say it you seem to believe that every single time in that situation the result is automatically "Take female leave male". You really need to pull your head out of your ass man. Hell, even America's Army players know more about prioritizing wounded than you do.

Every soldier acts exactly the same... of course your point is valid now. All them are able to overcome male instinct.

Well unfortunately,

You haven't done enough. Because I'm still hearing women and children are dieing. To mind you they don't even have a damn gun in there hands.

Try harder....

And representing them in a game, so the pervs can shoot them, is really helping. Thumbs up for you.

Also, stay on topic. This has nothing to do with ARMA3 (same argument, :rolleyes:)

Operative;2050886']You are trying to embarass me' date=' so people may think your argument is more valid. Then, you would expect me to come with an agressive response, so that you would be fulfilled.[/quote']

LOL, You really think he was trying to do that? You've embarrassed you self for trying to throw out the number one argument that needs to be said in this topic. The fact that what all of this is being discussed about. A Game

Operative;2050886']

And representing them in a game' date=' so the pervs can shoot them, is really helping. Thumbs up for you.[/quote']

I'm not representing them in a game for that reason. In fact, the reason you've just said might of only came from the dysfunctional brain of yours.

The reason why I'm representing them is because I feel there is nothing wrong with female models being able to fight in the game. I mean, Hell, BIS already added them in ARMA II. So that gives me the ability to shoot a defenseless girl. So why not give virtual women the right to shoot back?

Oh, but wait, we have people that think it is wrong for giving them the right to shoot in ArmA III. Why exactly? Mostly they always give reasons that have to do with real life. Why?!? I don't know... Maybe because they fail to see the difference between a virtual world and the real world.

Operative;2050886']

Also' date=' stay on topic. This has nothing to do with ARMA3 (same argument, :rolleyes:) [/quote']

Haha, Nice try j@cka$s, but you've failed right there. :p Re-read that sentence there and you will see that it is still following the topic. But instead of it talking about the game, It talks about real life, Like you do. :yay:

Edited by Haystack15

Haha, Nice try jackass, but you've failed right there. :p Re-read that sentence there and you will see that it is still following the topic. But instead of it talking about the game, It talks about real life, Like you do. :yay:

You are talking about civilians, I'm talking about military personel.

And please, refrain from using such expressions: I never called you anything but "you", while you keeps using pejorative words to refer to me.

Operative;2050910']You are talking about civilians' date=' I'm talking about military personel.

And please, refrain from using such expressions: I never called you anything but "you", while you keeps using pejorative words to refer to me.[/quote']

Military and both civilians are what I'm talking about.

Women in the military world. Both women and children in the civilian.

LOL, You really think he was trying to do that? You've embarrassed you self for trying to throw out the number one argument that needs to be said in this topic. The fact that what all of this is being discussed about. A Game

Yep. It's a game, that's all. Let's keep "the church in the middle of the village", as my grand dad used to say.

Moreover, women took part in combats during World wars, specially WW2.

Edited by ProfTournesol
can't spell....

Military and both civilians are what I'm talking about.

Women in the military world. Both women and children in the civilian.

Oh yeah, what does the civilian world have to do with it so? What part of "Female soldiers" does include them?

Operative;2050935']Oh yeah' date=' what does the civilian world have to do with it so? What part of "Female soldiers" does include them?[/quote']

Next time you might want to be be a bit more clearer on what you are talking about next time. Because your previous post said this.

Operative;2050099']

But we do everything we can to prevent a woman death. Period.

(Going off the rest of what you were talking about) It only says that "We as men, will try everything we can to prevent a woman death". It doesn't get any deeper into detail than that. So in your case. You clearly didn't explain whether or not you where talking about Civilian or Military women.

You know what they say,

Sometimes its a good time to tell jokes, while at other times, It is not a good time. And when people get offended, You will make yourself look better if you just say sorry and move on instead of insulting them even further.

Or could it be that Rye's comment was another joke just like yours? And if it was, look at how you get offended.

Did you even read my text in the parenthesis?

Whats funny about that most is that the Liberals of Aus are the right wing option.(And yes they are capable of sticking they're head in the proverbial to) And we pride ourselves on having an Apolitical military. So your political bent is irrelevant as long you point the gun in the right direction

No not all that seriously, just a quick off the cuff example. Point is it can't be done and maybe after all these years of playing OFP,A1,A2 I'd be gratefull for the option.

? Who said anything about our military's? I happen to like you guys in AUS. In fact the soldiers I met while on active duty on deployment were stand up guys. None of them even think like you......:rolleyes:

Would be great if femanazis could just stop bumping this stupid thread.

There won't be female soldiers in Arma3, just deal with it...

Next time you might want to be be a bit more clearer on what you are talking about. Because your previous post said this.

(Going off the rest of what you were talking about) It only says that "We as men, will try everything we can to prevent a woman death". It doesn't get any deeper into detail than that. So in your case. You clearly didn't explain whether or not you where talking about Civilian or Military women.

I just mentioned it because it's what passes on a soldier's mind (military world, so your dysfunctional brain can understand it, as we are talking about Female Soldiers, remember?). I remained in topic, while you didn't. And please, stay on topic, because the whole discussion is getting to ridiculous levels.

So let me start it again:

I'm against female soldiers in ARMA3 because:

- Male soldiers are averse to the presence of female soldiers in the battlefield (it distracts them and, in case of death, is way more shocking. Also, if captured, there's an increased risk of sexual abuse by the captors).

- There's the danger of abuse and rape (by soldiers in the same unit) because of the nature of modern deployments.

- Women are more prone to injuries and fatigue.

Operative;2051002']

- Women are more prone to injuries and fatigue.

So are you saying that a female get hurt more than a male by a bullet?

If no, what do you mean, a well trained female can probably survive in the field as good as a male even if injured, many women can even withstand more pain than males.

Operative;2051002']I just mentioned it because it's what passes on a soldier's mind (military world' date=' so your [i']dysfunctional brain[/i] can understand it, as we are talking about Female Soldiers, remember?). I remained in topic, while you didn't. And please, stay on topic, because the whole discussion is getting to ridiculous levels.

I'd agree there

Operative;2051002']So let me start it again:

- Male soldiers are averse to the presence of female soldiers in the battlefield (it distracts them and' date=' in case of death, is way more shocking. Also, if captured, there's an increased risk of sexual abuse by the captors).

- There's the danger of abuse and rape (by soldiers in the same unit) because of the nature of modern deployments.

- Women are more prone to injuries and fatigue.[/quote']

Still don't understand how this is even relevant to ArmA3. What you have put forward is an argument against having women in the military, fine thats your personal opinion. But it isn't reflected in reality, because there are in fact women in the military.

So what your saying is that you wish ArmA3 to be the soft,safe,padded expresion of what you wish the world to be, and disregard the reality.

Operative;2051002']I'm against female soldiers in ARMA3 because:

- Male soldiers are averse to the presence of female soldiers in the battlefield (it distracts them and' date=' in case of death, is way more shocking. Also, if captured, there's an increased risk of sexual abuse by the captors).

- Women are more prone to injuries and fatigue.[/quote']

What?

What???

How exactly would female soldiers be more prone to rape and injuries in Arma 3, and how would their male counterparts suffer from their presence in the game?

This is getting stupid. No, it was stupid to begin with.

Operative;2051002']

- There's the danger of abuse and rape (by soldiers in the same unit) because of the nature of modern deployments.[/quote']

Once again, None of this applies to what we are talking about because none of this happens in the virtual world, or at least in the Armaverse it doesn't.

And where is all of this rape crap keep coming from? I mean where the hell, where does sex even come from in the ArmA title?

Operative;2051002']

the whole discussion is getting to ridiculous levels.

Your right there for once.....

Edited by Haystack15

What?

What???

How exactly would female soldiers be more prone to rape and injuries in Arma 3, and how would their male counterparts suffer from their presence in the game?

This is getting stupid. No, it was stupid to begin with.

Indeed. Let's bury the beaten dead horse.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Hi, 267 persons (the ones that voted in the poll) have filled up 72 pages for reach the point of say "Women are more prone to injuries"!?. Seems that this isn't about the game anymore and much less about the reality... .

Who knows... "maybe the women shouldn't be in the military because they can kill you if they throw their breath at you when they're having the period...", or "why they'll be in the first line when there are dishes to wash...!?", "everyone knows that the women's place is the kitchen, not the trench...", "brush the NME!?, brush your home 1St and then we talk!!".

Someone better enter 1St in the reality and then on the 21St Century and then we talk. Now go and beat your wife, and beat your mother to death too for have a so sucker son (OTB). Let's C ya

Or could it be that Rye's comment was another joke just like yours? And if it was, look at how you get offended.

:clap:

..... This conversation. The poll agrees, is stupid. :unclesam:From the thumb-sucking Liberal, Rye. :rolleyes:

Well, at least we got over the fact that Triage prioritizes casualties, and no fool just runs over to the first female he sees. :D Thank God, we're progressing.

ARMA 3 is based in reality isn't it? I'm giving real-life arguments about the issue.

How women are not more prone to injuries? I'm not talking about being shot, I'm talking about breaking bones, fractures while carrying weight and things of the like.

If the real-life arguments don't apply to a game that aims to be as close to reality (in the game market, of course), then I don't know what applies.

So let's ask for anything in the game, because the rules became loose.

There are exceptions, but they are a minority. Just because there's people capable of hitting a fly 10 meters away or people that run marathons doesn't means everyone does. The same applies to the physical capabilities of women. The 'soldiers' in ARMA are based on the majority, having the average capabilities of a man.

Everything said, I'm out of this discussion because each said has it's arguments and no one is going to give up. Sorry for leaving, but it's better for both.

So you want them to have the average capabilities of a female soldier, with less stamina and so on? Fine by me.

Celery, bradp191 etc

Take your chit chat about how you treat your girls to private, this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.