Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

Your argument, summarized as "It is moral to kill men but not women" only makes sense if you consider women to be children, or I suppose if you consider men to be subhuman, it's all very odd.

When you are presented with the fact that you can already kill women in arma 2, they simply can't defend themselves, nothing in your argument changes. You're against violence towards women but even more opposed to women having the means to defend themselves from it.

Your argument stems from an age-old sexist paternalism that regards women as incapable of doing things for themselves (in this case providing for their own defense) or even doing more harm than good when trying.

Anyway, the poll does indeed show you are vastly in the minority (I presume you were one of the 7 against women being in the game, since that would prevent violence being used upon these poor digital damsels) so hopefully BI will listen to all the rest of us.

Best comment i ever readed on these forums. I'm also getting very tired of those sexist simple minded persons.

Your argument, summarized as "It is moral to kill men but not women" only makes sense if you consider women to be children, or I suppose if you consider men to be subhuman, it's all very odd.

When you are presented with the fact that you can already kill women in arma 2, they simply can't defend themselves, nothing in your argument changes. You're against violence towards women but even more opposed to women having the means to defend themselves from it.

Your argument stems from an age-old sexist paternalism that regards women as incapable of doing things for themselves (in this case providing for their own defense) or even doing more harm than good when trying.

Anyway, the poll does indeed show you are vastly in the minority (I presume you were one of the 7 against women being in the game, since that would prevent violence being used upon these poor digital damsels) so hopefully BI will listen to all the rest of us.

Best comment i ever readed on these forums.

Indeed a very good post. :)

Kudos to Gir.

When you are presented with the fact that you can already kill women in arma 2

I'm lost as to why anyone would even want to simulate such a act. I don't think condoning the simulation of maiming/killing women is something that would reflect well on BIS.

I presume you were one of the 7 against women being in the game, since that would prevent violence being used upon these poor digital damsels) so hopefully BI will listen to all the rest of us.

No, I voted 'I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable'.

I'm lost as to why anyone would even want to simulate such a act. I don't think condoning the simulation of maiming/killing women is something that would reflect well on BIS.

No, I voted 'I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable'.

I don't get it... do you play the game without ever shooting something? Not that there would be something wrong with it, but ArmA is a shooter. I ask once again... do you conisder violence against men in a game moral and against women imoral? OK, I get it, real life is real life, but we are talking about a game here.

What makes you or someone else say " Yup , I'm just gonna use this here .50 cal sniper to shoot that solider over there with his back turned at me" but you go " Oh no , it's a woman, she must of faught long and hard to obtain a frontline role, I better let her live" or another scenario if you wish " I'm glad women can't use weapons in this game, otherwise that woman over there could have used one when her brother was shot in their house by a bunch of trigger happy NPC's"

The line between morality and imorality in a game is blurry aint it :)?

The line between morality and imorality in a game is blurry aint it :)?

Considering that BIS work in close cooperation with law enforcement and military customers I think they have a very clear definition of ethics.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

You've never had a Mother-in-Law ehh?

Now that was funny. :)

Considering that BIS work in close cooperation with law enforcement and military customers I think they have a very clear definition of ethics.

Are you avoiding giving me a straight answer :)?

As I said BIS can do whatever they want, I am talking about the community and in this case, you :)

I really hope that they wont add women as soldiers in Arma3... Women have no place in combat zones.

Are you avoiding giving me a straight answer :)?

As I said BIS can do whatever they want, I am talking about the community and in this case, you :)

I have no qualms about the justified use of lethal force against men or women if that is your question. I see no useful purpose in BIS modeling female combatants because in the real world if attacked by a female enemy troops would deal with her in precisely the same manner as they would a male enemy, and for that reason alone ARMA 3 doesn't require feminine soldier models.

I have no qualms about the justified use of lethal force against men or women if that is your question. I see no useful purpose in BIS modeling female combatants because in the real world if attacked by a female enemy troops would deal with her in precisely the same manner as they would a male enemy, and for that reason alone ARMA 3 doesn't require feminine soldier models.

In real life, soldiers would also deal with black or asian combatants in precisely the same manner as they would with caucasian ones. Is that a reason not to model different ethnicities? No.

Just to be clear: your logic in that case is flawed.

In real life, soldiers would also deal with black or asian combatants in precisely the same manner as they would with caucasian ones. Is that a reason not to model different ethnicities? No.

Just to be clear: your logic in that case is flawed.

But having variety without too much work is a good reason too have different ethnicities.

Now i only know so much about animations, but i do know that they are pretty expensive to make and hard to adapt to the game. Now imagine you had twice the amount of work.

Also, what can of worms would unequal sized hitboxes in pvp be...

I really hope that they wont add women as soldiers in Arma3... Women have no place in combat zones.

Would you repeat that in her face?

scr_080310-A-2013C-009.jpg

That's the only thing I'd do in her face. She looks like my friend Chris, I'll have to send that to him.

Someone might be able to provide you a legitimate argument when they also provide one on why its okay to kill only men in video games. :rolleyes:

:yay:

My dear sir, I praise you for that input.

Majority of the people that think it’s not alright to shoot females in a video game feel perfectly fine shooting males. I don’t know why they seem to feel that way, but it only goes to show that there is a mix up in what they think is moral.

I would love to read someone’s input on why it’s perfectly okay to kill only males in games, and not females.

Well I guess I now know where all the liberals are at on these forums :p

What about openly gay soldiers?

Already done:

A1F2mfZq8SA

I would love to read someone’s input on why it’s perfectly okay to kill only males in games, and not females.

I don't really care either way but if I had to guess I would say it'd have something to do with societal constructs that celebrate male on male aggression and shun male on female.

You cant really see wether someone is gay or not*, while seeing if someone is female or not is very easy. (Most of the time :p )

*Well, you usually can in real life but mostly from personality/movement/use of voice, which, for the game, is a campaign thingy and not visibly during regular gameplay.

I've seen some of them wear pink cammies on libo.

As froggy noted, I'm behind the times.

So on the morality arguement we have that men are the devil and as such it does not matter how many of them we slaughter, and that it is immoral to have a woman in combat zones yet by game logic this arguement falls flat due to the capability being there and the fact that during Red Harvest they are there, not only that but they are displayed in less 'moral' ways.

On the technical standpoint we have waste in resources and time, yet at the most simplistic we don't actually have to go about animations, I don't know about you but I don't stare at my squad members buttocks as we run. This has more merit but the resources are already there, at the most basic character heads can be transferred to the basic skeleton and the voices already exist.

If not "female 'soldiers'" then there should be something as simple as having the option for the women to be able to use guns, because if they cannot, and the arguement is on morality then better we got back to Sahrani where women simply do not exist, where there is neither moral dilemma nor the opportunity to exist through assets already present.

Edited by NodUnit

:eek: Big deal.

Would you repeat that in her face?

Do note quote images!

http://www.defense.gov/DODCMSShare/NewsStoryPhoto/2008-03/scr_080310-A-2013C-009.jpg

I most certainly would. Interesting fact - the Israelis have only recently resumed experimenting with females serving in combat units. Female soldiers in the Israeli Defence Force were officially prohibited from serving in close combat military operations since 1948. The reason for removing female soldiers from the front lines was not because of thier performance, it was due to the behaviour of male soldiers after witnessing wounded women.

Edited by Foxhound

Source/link? Who researched that? :P

On the technical standpoint we have waste in resources and time, yet at the most simplistic we don't actually have to go about animations, I don't know about you but I don't stare at my squad members buttocks as we run. This has more merit but the resources are already there, at the most basic character heads can be transferred to the basic skeleton and the voices already exist.

It not really the fact that many people want to see some rumps bouncing when soldiers walk. It's more on the side of them saying, "men walk differently".

I'm not to picky on animations and things like that. A model will do fine for me. Although the only thing I can see where time is put into is the voices.