Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

Hi, for add female playable models they should:

- Hire voice actresses.

- Hire a female for the motion capture.

- Add a female skeleton to the female unit models.

And maybe some more things; if they don't add playable female combat units is more a budget and time thing than anything for sure. But it would be sad if they don't add 'em to the game as playable combat units. Let's C ya

1. Definitely, if they don't actually have a woman working at BIS.

2. What's this obsession with women moving differently than men, in the street maybe but in combat situation? Most games out there record a single animation set for men and women and it works just fine.

3.See point two, the MODEL is different, but the underlying bone structure (and i'm not talking anatomy, i mean animation bones) is nearly identical. Wether your character is a huge troll or a dwarf, as long as the skeleton is identical they can use the same animations 90% of the time.

If we get to the campaign and your squad consists of the usual bunch but with a 'sassy strong female in a man's world' type, then I'll go straight to the editor, maybe they can have her punch a fellow squad mate for 'ogling' her... you know....just to show how 'strong' and 'feisty' she is. :rolleyes:

I'm not crazy for the idea. For my purposes I don't really mind what sex soldiers are in the game, they're representations only they only have to be dressed appropriately and act accordingly. As such, I have no use for different sex soldiers. Having said that, I also have no use for different race soldiers, but I acknowledge the immersion value of having them.

If female soldiers are a possibility, I'd like to see different body types of ALL soldiers, tall, short, fat, thin etc.

On a real-world pragmatic level, female soldiers are a distraction, and are viewed differently in combat situations (just think about a girl soldier in your squad in some amount of trouble vs a male soldier, and try to be as honest as possible when considering your reaction to that) and there are other pragmatic considerations for different sexes in the field.

We don't have to like it, but there are pragmatic considerations for female soldiers that are not going to go away in the future. Female soldiers might be suited to support roles however.

IMO natch :)

and on that note the main reason they dont want females in combat positions is because they are more prone to infections than males are because they cant clean for sometimes weeks and if a female doesnt get clean within a certain time they can get uti's and all kinds of nasty stuff guys dont get as often as women and for the fact that some women cannot handle the high stress levels combat may present.they do tests and its not that they dont want females and being sexist its just they are doing it for their well being

3.See point two, the MODEL is different, but the underlying bone structure (and i'm not talking anatomy, i mean animation bones) is nearly identical. Wether your character is a huge troll or a dwarf, as long as the skeleton is identical they can use the same animations 90% of the time.

Not good enough. I demand BIS to model an extra rib on the female skeletal structure :p

2. What's this obsession with women moving differently than men, in the street maybe but in combat situation? Most games out there record a single animation set for men and women and it works just fine.

Agree, but for some reason, people never complain about the fact some men walk differently from others. It's easier to say that it doesn't matter what gender you are, the way to move can be different from the next person.

Edited by Haystack15

If you complain that you want a female skeleton or motion capture cause females move differently than men. As far as I know no human accually walks the same, so if you wnat it really realistic then every god damn character need its own skeleton and motion capture artist, every god damn one of them.

It seems people are worried about a lot of infantry women running around Rambo with F2000's. I would be too, how about setting another role for women other than infantry (though it could be used if wanted as it would be flexible enough to). Like a male and female pilot. Female pilots did a great job in both Afghanistan and Iraq (and still do today).

It seems people are worried about a lot of infantry women running around Rambo with F2000's. I would be too, how about setting another role for women other than infantry (though it could be used if wanted as it would be flexible enough to). Like a male and female pilot. Female pilots did a great job in both Afghanistan and Iraq (and still do today).

Everyone Put yourself in this situation.

Well just imagine if your were a girl, and you bought this game for the "FULL PRICE" and when you instal it, The game will ask you if your a male or female. (Your a female for this situation so you select female) Then the game finishes installing. When you go to start the game up, you get a pop up that says something like this:

Female Limits Advisory!

Because your a Female' date=' You are not allow to fight on the battlefield. To ensure this doesn't happen, You are not allow to pick up a weapon in both Single player and Multiplayer. However your are able to play certain roles. Please read the "Female Limits" section in the ARMA Manual for more info.[/quote']

Tell me, Won't you be pissed to read that kind of BS on your screen. :mad:

Edited by Haystack15

Well simply put I meant: Editor -> Pilot (female) or Pilot (male). As some people in the topic have thoughts of 100's of women running wild with guns, facepalm episodes of stupidity. So, that would 'ease' it in.

P.S. I have nothing against women being apart of Arma but for the transition with those who do maybe this would be an option. By the way, those who are against: www.veteransmagazine.com/membersarea/MagazineIssues/09thmag/ambush.pdf.

Edited by Rye

Women? In the military? How deliciously absurd!

rich-snob.jpg

I look forward to the first NUDE PATCH - you just KNOW (and BIS know) one will be made !

I look forward to the first NUDE PATCH - you just KNOW (and BIS know) one will be made !

Unless I'm mistaken, this hasn't happened to any female civvies in OFP or ArmA or ArmA 2, for that matter.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Unless I'm mistaken, this hasn't happened to any female civvies in OFP or ArmA or ArmA 2, for that matter.

I wouldnt bet against someone creating a mod that repalces the underwear onky stte for characters with a nude model. ths is like mods you can get for Fallout 3/New Vegas that that replace female and/or male character models underwear models with naked bodies. Itd be funny to take all the clothes off a dead enemy!

Unless they support per addon server key rather than per author server key, I hope nobody that considers themselves serious does something like this and gets themselves banned from servers.

I guess that's an added bonus for just having males - nobody in their right mind would do nude patches :p

Oh boy, do you realise what you just did...

Edited by NodUnit

IMO this would be unnecessary and a complete waste of development time. And dumb.

Woman should have no role in combat.

NATO side yes, Iranian side no, cos I doubt they would be allowed to serve in the Iranian army, but coed is already permited in most NATO armies.

Dan;2029172']NATO side yes' date=' Iranian side no, cos I doubt they would be allowed to serve in the Iranian army, but coed is already permited in most NATO armies.[/quote']

Shh.. Let the thread die.

IMO this would be unnecessary and a complete waste of development time. And dumb.

Woman should have no role in combat.

Troll. And we've already been over this: It should reflect the real-world, not the opinion of how misogynists (you) think the world should be. Pretty simple :)

Seriously though, why would you bump this?!

Someone made a mod of it in OFP times. I remember because there was a picture in the combat photography thread and the person who posted stated that they had asked a mod if it was okay to post it.

I have no idea if they ever actually released it or if it was just for the purpose of that picture though.

nuttex deserves... to be shot ...a medal for this one. :p

I say allow female models to use weapons, vehicles, aircraft, etc. No need to put them into the campaign or create a female soldier unit if that's a touchy subject for BIS, but allow the community to do so.